As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Battlefield 2142 : Striketh the North!

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    So tomorrow night I'm hoping to get a chance to finally play some Battlefield with some actual competent players.

But... Don't you love me any more?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I suck, but add me anyways because I'm so darn cute:

hambrgerhelper

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    Inigo MontoyaInigo Montoya Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So tomorrow night I'm hoping to get a chance to finally play some Battlefield with some actual competent players.

Don't sell yourself short; just because you don't have the unlocks or trigger happy response time doesn't mean you aren't johnny on the spot with aid; I always need someone watching my back as I bet you do.

There are more ways than just killing people which will benefit squad members: ammo/medic hub, spotting vehicles/enemies, repairing, driving/secondary gunner, supressive fire, bullet magnet et al.

I especially would like to highlight the fact that very few people (from my experience) take the time to spot enemies.Spotting has the benefit of warning allies not to venture out to enemy infested areas, gives good reconaissance, and possibly results in killing the enemy thereby helping save a friendly who's caught under fire.

Take this to heart: you don't always have to be the one to kill the sniper, why not spot the fucker and have a teammate knife him for good measure? I'd get just as much enjoyment out of him dying in such a manner by a comrade as if I had headshotted him myself.

That said, I am definitely jonesing for some Battlefield. :twisted:

Inigo Montoya on
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Don't sell yourself short; just because you don't have the unlocks or trigger happy response time doesn't mean you aren't johnny on the spot with aid; I always need someone watching my back as I bet you do.

There are more ways than just killing people which will benefit squad members: ammo/medic hub, spotting vehicles/enemies, repairing, driving/secondary gunner, supressive fire, bullet magnet et al.

I especially would like to highlight the fact that very few people (from my experience) take the time to spot enemies.Spotting has the benefit of warning allies not to venture out to enemy infested areas, gives good reconaissance, and possibly results in killing the enemy thereby helping save a friendly who's caught under fire.

Take this to heart: you don't always have to be the one to kill the sniper, why not spot the fucker and have a teammate knife him for good measure? I'd get just as much enjoyment out of him dying in such a manner by a comrade as if I had headshotted him myself.

Yeah I get 99% of all my score through medic revives and heals. I usually end up with about 40-50 points when we win. Go medic!

I get like 10-15 kills sure but the bulk is all heals.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

Welcome aboard new folks, I'll be updating the OP today so if anyone wants on the list that isn't there, be sure to PM me!

And a good point Inigo! Bri might not be a kill machine but he's always got your back. Spotting is very, very important, and it lets everyone with a netbat see who your spotting, which is very integral to good squad play. I kind of do a bit of everything myself. I'm too good at killing not to spend a lot of my time either as an armor whore or with a Voss, but I do heal like nobodies business and res far more than most folks, so it works out alright. I rarely play Support or Sniper though...the Engie class is my cup of tea, and since vehicles are so nasty, I'd rather not be stuck as anything else unless I'm aboard a Titan or on a mostly infantry assault map.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Updated OP folks, with play times, new names and a video link to the intro to entice more people into...war!

Edit: Also added Northern Strike info and trailer!

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Just for those who were wondering, my last post was in jest. I am quite confident in what I do, it just so happens that one of those things I do is get shot.

Recently my k/d ratio has dropped from a .41 to a .39. The statistics speak for themselves. And while I may not have been "feelin' it" last night, I am looking forward to playing again.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sooo, I was pretty sure today was thursday. And I must have missed you all. I loaded the game up late to be sure, but man, no one was around.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I am popping in now, although by NO means should my presence affect everyones. People, get your asses on and set aside time for tuesday and thursday! I was on wednesday night, and I would have been on tuesday and tonight earlier but uhh...me and the misses were celebrating our anniversary quite a bit this week.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Inigo MontoyaInigo Montoya Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I, TheViceroy was on from roughly 8 to 11 EST. I'll be back on in a half hour or so again. Bri couldn't get on the same team as me unfortunately, most of the games have been very meh so far for me.

Also, Masume, some people might have added InigoMontoya instead of my actual alias TheViceroy. You might want to change that on the Active Roster part of OP.

Inigo Montoya on
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I, TheViceroy was on from roughly 8 to 11 EST. I'll be back on in a half hour or so again. Bri couldn't get on the same team as me unfortunately, most of the games have been very meh so far for me.

Also, Masume, some people might have added InigoMontoya instead of my actual alias TheViceroy. You might want to change that on the Active Roster part of OP.

Good job soldier! I was on from 1130 to about 1am, late night for me. I will have a marathon run this weekend probably on sunday, so folks might want to plan for that. I'll change up your name Inigo as well, keep up the good fight.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Masume wrote:

Good job soldier! I was on from 1130 to about 1am, late night for me. I will have a marathon run this weekend probably on sunday, so folks might want to plan for that. I'll change up your name Inigo as well, keep up the good fight.

I had already gone to bed.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Masume wrote:

I had already gone to bed.

Sleep is for the weak...and you are very weak. :wink:

No worries we can frag this weekend. Maybe I'll drag your ass over with your comp so we can LAN it up with smither...I feel like I'm kind of cheating when he commands and I can see exactly where everyone is near me with his zoom in, but I don't let it bother me. :twisted:

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey guys, just picked this up about a week ago and I'd love to get in some game time with some squads that actually know what they're doing. My soldier name is Sevorak and I'm basically up for a game anytime in the evening.

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    XenoXeno Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ohh, finally, COMPETENT players. Is it really hard for squad leaders to put down orders? Seriously.

Add me please.

onex19

Xeno on
  • Options
    MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd join in and play with you guys but I'm having a tough time leaving Project Reality. 0.5 was just released and so there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. Perhaps when the booster pack is released.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The biggest complaint i have with this game is its engine, like BF2 I cannot seem to be able to run it on full settings, or even with everything on medium, yet Oblivion runs just fine and looks better.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bump on! Calling all Soldiers, it's time to catch up and see who is left in the fight! I've been managing to find some of you on a regular basis, ToyD and Bri, so keep up the good work!

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm sorry I haven't played with you guys yet. I know I'm on the roster, but I've been so busy here on campus to get in any games (that and Rogue Galaxy is taking up some time). I'll be glad to jump in some games soon.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Despite the siren call of Vana'diel I am logging in again this evening. I WANT my Pilum.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just started playing BF2 again; but this has mechs and futuristic looking weapons.

Which means I might be tagging along with you fellow hip cats in the near future(Stereo receiver stolededed all my current monies)

In due time. Until then, BF2 Ho!

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, I had a chance to mess around with the Clark in the all-unlock weekend. Didn't do much for me as that's pretty much the only kit I don't have all the way unlocked to at least field upgrade the weapon.

Great at close, close range, sucks at anything more than a few feet.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I still pretty regularly play as DrNoisewaghter, at least when I'm not sucked into EVE. I actually ended up opposite Masume one night and manged to kill him once or twice too. Every time I see you guys on though, I can rarely get on the same server.

I really enjoyed messing around with the pilum this weekend, sneaking up behind a tank and knocking him out in one shot is wicked satisfying.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I still pretty regularly play as DrNoisewaghter, at least when I'm not sucked into EVE. I actually ended up opposite Masume one night and manged to kill him once or twice too. Every time I see you guys on though, I can rarely get on the same server.

I really enjoyed messing around with the pilum this weekend, sneaking up behind a tank and knocking him out in one shot is wicked satisfying.

Hehe I saw you log on, I killed you several times in revenge. *shakes a fist*

Tonight's practice night guys, always Tuesdays and thursdays, so get your gear on and get your asses online, 8PM EST or later! Ten Hut!

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    OzmodaiOzmodai Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Too bad I work Tuesday and Thursday nights. Nothing beats rolling with the PA crew.

Ozmodai on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ozmodai wrote: »
    Too bad I work Tuesday and Thursday nights. Nothing beats rolling with the PA crew.

Just get on when you can, your bound to see me or bri in at some point!

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Masume wrote: »

Tonight's practice night guys, always Tuesdays and thursdays, so get your gear on and get your asses online, 8PM EST or later! Ten Hut!

Revenge indeed, I was so hoping I could sneak up and knife you, then whenever anyone accuses me of sucking in this thread I could be all like, "Oh, pay no attention to that k/d ratio, instead check out Masume's dog tag I collected"

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I produced monies, and got this game. Am I supposed to update up to 1.9b? Or do you peeps still just use 1.1?

EliteDoomMaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I produced monies, and got this game. Am I supposed to update up to 1.9b? Or do you peeps still just use 1.1?

Updating is good.

Edit: So I have been logged in for some time now. I just Alt-tabbed back in to see that DrNoiseWaghter is online, but in a full server. Where my soldiers at?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I'm all oopdated, and ready to play. My name in the game is EltDoomMaster..and..uh...yeah.

woo woo or something.

edit: Fixed my name

EliteDoomMaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »

Revenge indeed, I was so hoping I could sneak up and knife you, then whenever anyone accuses me of sucking in this thread I could be all like, "Oh, pay no attention to that k/d ratio, instead check out Masume's dog tag I collected"

LOL

Yeah I pride myself on not getting my arse knifed, I haven't been caught too often with my pants down. Helps that I don't play support or sniper hardly at all. My last set of matches last week were...fairly bad for me, my K/D dropped like .04. Bleh.

Edit: I wasn't on tonight, the misses required me for some reason or other. Happens, but I will run a group session tommorow to make up for it. Remind me to get on vent. :P

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    OzmodaiOzmodai Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Patch 1.20 is now out.

Patch 1.20 release notes

quote:

* Fixed Pod Control Exploit - Players may no longer exploit the assault pods to 'surf' around the maps.
    * Removed the stats category for the PK-74 AR-Rocket: All kills with this weapon are calculated into the statistics for the main assault kit weapon
    * Fixed co-op server crash: Servers will no longer crash when attempting to rotate to co-op mode with players joined into squads
    * Added correct flag for Czech Republic.
    * Fixed PDS-1 sonar system interference with UAV. Soldiers are now shown correctly on UAV when PDS-1 is activated.
    * Change to Heal and Repair Point Awarding: Heal and repair points awarded after a 50% heal / repair instead of 100% heal / repair.
    * Fixed tracking of hours with the medic hub in BFHQ: Medic hub hours shown in BFHQ has been corrected.
    * Fixed Squad leader drone exploit. Removed the possibility to use drones as a stairway to heaven.
    * Fixed the Rorsch crosshair misalignment: The crosshair should now be correctly centered while not zoomed.
    * Change to Out of Bounds Damage: We have changed the out of bounds damage system to immediately kill players after being out of bounds for 15 seconds. Please note that the total time a player can be out of bounds has not changed. This fix will help prevent stat padding exploits.
    * Ranked Server APM setting hard coded: Anti-personelle mines are now always set to "Friendly fire off" on ranked servers. Increases consistency and prevents misunderstanding.
    * Fixed an exploit using the reactor core door: Soldiers can no longer conceal themselves by moving back against the reactor core door.
    * The correct message is now shown when trying to join a full server.
    * Fixed crash when placing Squad Leader Spawn Beacon
    * Added server side option to prevent Titan Movement
    * Added optimization to Titan mode to reduce lag

Ozmodai on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ozmodai wrote: »
    Patch 1.20 is now out.

Patch 1.20 release notes

quote:

* Fixed Pod Control Exploit - Players may no longer exploit the assault pods to 'surf' around the maps.
    * Removed the stats category for the PK-74 AR-Rocket: All kills with this weapon are calculated into the statistics for the main assault kit weapon
    * Fixed co-op server crash: Servers will no longer crash when attempting to rotate to co-op mode with players joined into squads
    * Added correct flag for Czech Republic.
    * Fixed PDS-1 sonar system interference with UAV. Soldiers are now shown correctly on UAV when PDS-1 is activated.
    * Change to Heal and Repair Point Awarding: Heal and repair points awarded after a 50% heal / repair instead of 100% heal / repair.
    * Fixed tracking of hours with the medic hub in BFHQ: Medic hub hours shown in BFHQ has been corrected.
    * Fixed Squad leader drone exploit. Removed the possibility to use drones as a stairway to heaven.
    * Fixed the Rorsch crosshair misalignment: The crosshair should now be correctly centered while not zoomed.
    * Change to Out of Bounds Damage: We have changed the out of bounds damage system to immediately kill players after being out of bounds for 15 seconds. Please note that the total time a player can be out of bounds has not changed. This fix will help prevent stat padding exploits.
    * Ranked Server APM setting hard coded: Anti-personelle mines are now always set to "Friendly fire off" on ranked servers. Increases consistency and prevents misunderstanding.
    * Fixed an exploit using the reactor core door: Soldiers can no longer conceal themselves by moving back against the reactor core door.
    * The correct message is now shown when trying to join a full server.
    * Fixed crash when placing Squad Leader Spawn Beacon
    * Added server side option to prevent Titan Movement
    * Added optimization to Titan mode to reduce lag

Sweet! Nice change on the heal/repair point gain, 100% was a wee bit too much to ask to get one lousy point. The rest was mostly needed bug fixes. I'll see you all in tonight!

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey guys. Add me if it pleases you.

AnonymousRobot

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    XenoXeno Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Can someone confirm if Titan lag is ACTUALLY fixed? Anything is better then going onto that laggy turd.

I also don't like the option to prevent titan movement. Without being able to pod onto the enemy titan, the end game gets boring. Also, some maps have titans spawning and the ends of the maps and the guns become virtually useless.

Xeno on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Xeno wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if Titan lag is ACTUALLY fixed? Anything is better then going onto that laggy turd.

I also don't like the option to prevent titan movement. Without being able to pod onto the enemy titan, the end game gets boring. Also, some maps have titans spawning and the ends of the maps and the guns become virtually useless.

They fixed Titan lag by making them immobile after the shields go down, which is when it occured. They can still move prior to that. Either way, you can still pod onto them regardless.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    HOLY CRAP!

I just watched the second Northern Strike Video, on the other new vehicle added (Goliath, I think). It's a friggen APC of DEATH!

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/movies/2142NS/BF2142NSpcVIDpegi_hd.mov

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey, Picked this game up the other week and seems pretty bad ass. Gamertag is Haikira, Also what time in UK is it yous start on tue/thu ??

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Updated OP with names I missed, active roster looking good. Practice tonight, try to be on and look for me!

FYI, no clue on the time in the UK...translate EST to your region via the windows clock. Usually what I do.

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thats (GMT -05.00) ?? , well if so got the time = D

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__