Options

Gary Coleman hit his head, now he's dead.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pharezon is Gary Coleman's dead. I guess this world wasn't big enough for him. It'll be a tall order to replace him, his life was cut tragically short.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hahaha oh my

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    how you like your privacy settings now?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh wait damn, just saying I actually did not know people already mentioned Gary Oldman. I don't think Gary Coleman was 'worthless', I just genuinely didn't care about him. It's better than bringing up false emotions now that he's passed away.

yeah well
    Holy shit that's a fat baby

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so apparently they're gonna be changing some lines in Avenue Q

could be disastrous!

YaYa on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2010
    they've changed lines in avenue q before

mostly the jokes about how "george bush is only for now" because well

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I know, but this is a little bigger than a couple jokes

also god I miss Avenue Q

saw it four times when it was here

wonder if I can still recite the soundtrack from memory...

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    gary coleman was pretty great when he was a kid and then everyone in the world was like HAHA YOU SURE ARE SHORT LET'S RUN THIS JOKE INTO THE GROUND OVER THE NEXT THIRTY YEARS HEH

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Then he went on that bravo show that was literally for D list stars.

That show was so pathetic.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    he needed some fucking money because apparently bitches thought it'd be HILARIOUS to take all his fucking money

this poor bastard

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    he needed some fucking money because apparently bitches thought it'd be HILARIOUS to take all his fucking money

this poor bastard

and then he went and beat up his wife

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man I feel really bad for laughing at that post.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well. Some people say it's insensitive to run a lot of height jokes so soon after his death.
    But really, he was kind of short so we couldn't wait any longer.

RIP Gary Coleman.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm guessing all the WHATCHOO TALKIN' 'BOUT jokes have been used by now so I'll just say

He was really funny in that one episode of The Simpsons

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

this poor bastard

and then he went and beat up his wife

well he's gary fucking coleman, you can't expect him to make good or proper decisions

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didn't everyone on Different Strokes fuck up their lives?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

that's kind of a tautology

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    I'm guessing all the WHATCHOO TALKIN' 'BOUT jokes have been used by now so I'll just say

He was really funny in that one episode of The Simpsons

Three prawns are hardly a galaxy!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Gary Coleman was born with a debilitating disease that caused his little person stature, but also wreaked havoc on his kidneys. He suffered greatly from his medical problems as a child, but despite this, his parents pushed him into show business and took all of his money. When he became too old to be a child star, the business and his parents shat him out into the world and said 'Good luck.'

He went on to become the butt of countless jokes up until his untimely death in his early forties (think about it. You're dead. You'll never know anything ever again), where he was still the butt of jokes. I don't know about you, but that's really depressing. I feel bad for him.

:^:

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »

that's kind of a tautology

Strokes will do that for you

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The last thing I remember Gary Coleman doing was a dig at himself on Drake and Josh.

They were selling (unknowingly) stolen Gary Coleman grills the whole episode and making bank, then Gary shows up and wants all the money, and they lock him in a jail cell.

Or something.

Graves on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    coleman was an okay dude

it sucks that you are all jerkbags

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    rane you're a butt, I like Gary Coleman.

Well... most of the time.

One time I tried to get his autograph in the mall and it ended up turning into a bloodbath, I killed him in a fountain with a pair of scissors after a large shootout.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ok so it's true, I'm the only person in the world who played Postal 2...

Graves on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    postal? ew

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I was 13 when Postal 2 came out.

Peeing on anyone and everyone as a gameplay feature was pretty much the revolution of gaming at the time.

Graves on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    coleman was an okay dude

I do think it really blows that he got ripped off as bad as he did.

But that was also, what, 24 years ago? Almost my entire lifetime? And in his last years he was still milking sympathy for it.

I mean, come on. You gotta let shit go, man.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Goatmon wrote: »
    coleman was an okay dude

But that was also, what, 24 years ago? Almost my entire lifetime? And in his last years he was still milking sympathy for it.

Didn't he get essentially robbed of something ridiculous like 18million dollars? I don't know if I could just let that go, I think it would make most people pretty bitter

Quirk on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Goatmon wrote: »
    coleman was an okay dude

Yeah, everyone abused by their parents should let that shit go.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Some people are uncomfortable making fun of the recently deceased and some have no problems making fun of someone they never met and who will never find out they've been made fun of.

What I'm saying is, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i have no problem making fun of the recently deceased, just that coleman never really did anything that everyone seems to hate him for

Raneados on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, he was effectively used and shat on as a child. Boohoo. But didn't he get most of it back? So how the did he manage to loose it all?

If anything, his case could of been used in the decision to make sure child actors get compensated like they should.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doesn't it seem like 70's and 80's child stars end up being completely fucked in some way or another? Either by their own hand or someone else?

Henroid on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Doesn't it seem like 70's and 80's child stars end up being completely fucked in some way or another? Either by their own hand or someone else?

Consider how far from the norm their childhood and lives are going to be, and then you will figure out why they're fucked in some way or another.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BYToady wrote: »

Consider how far from the norm their childhood and lives are going to be, and then you will figure out why they're fucked in some way or another.

Yeah but at the same time I think Hollywood finally has a proper grip on how to handle them, as does society in general. Like childhood stars from those decades were the test-run and some of them crashed and burned pretty hard. Childhood stars from the last 10 / 15 years are going to be way better off than the others.

In any case, regardless of Gary Coleman and what he could've done to not be viewed negatively or whatever, going out at his age is fucking awful. :?

Henroid on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i have no problem making fun of the recently deceased, just that coleman never really did anything that everyone seems to hate him for

domestic violence

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't hate him, I just have absolutely no respect for him

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BYToady wrote: »

Yeah but at the same time I think Hollywood finally has a proper grip on how to handle them, as does society in general. Like childhood stars from those decades were the test-run and some of them crashed and burned pretty hard. Childhood stars from the last 10 / 15 years are going to be way better off than the others.

In any case, regardless of Gary Coleman and what he could've done to not be viewed negatively or whatever, going out at his age is fucking awful. :?

The way the tabloids are nowadays man, I don't know about that.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm tired of logging onto Facebook and finding out another person from my high school died.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock