As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crackdown: New DLC is out!

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
OP hijacked by Echo!

New info about coming DLC here! Harpoon gun!
Kevar wrote:
A lot of this is free and all of it is substantial. I underlined some incredibly awesome bits.

Video of free DLC: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4639/Crackdown-Free-For-All-Pack/
Video of premium DLC: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4642/Crackdown-Gettin-Busy-Bonus-Pack/

tl;dr: tons of new free content, and tons of content available for purchase in one big bundle. if you're playing with someone who bought the premium content but you didn't, you get to play with it anyway.
Free DLC
Title Update Items:

Reset Gangs: In place of the current option to reset the city’s crime (unlocked by defeating all 21 bosses), the gangs can now be completely reset in the main campaign.

Easier Orb Hunting: Imagine how great it would be if when searching for the last remaining hidden agility orbs the audio range on each of them got wider as fewer remained; well imagine no longer. Audio ”ping” range is now gradually increased when searching for the last 50 percent of hidden orbs, and 20 percent of agility orbs.

Ground Strike: Available to a four star strength agent only, it is now possible to slam downwards while airborne by holding the attack button. The resulting strike is deadly to anything it hits, with an additional shockwave stunning nearby enemies.

1178772060.jpg

Improved firing over low walls: Agents can now fire downwards at a greater angle while taking partial cover behind a low wall.

Targeting enhancements: Improved target lock prioritization of enemies behind vehicles as well as live enemies over corpses.

Those damn fire hydrants!: The fire hydrants were near indestructible but were also hard to spot. Now, though still best avoided, they can be smashed over for a far less unreasonable penalty.

Stunt Ring Visibility: Stunt Rings are now much easier to locate.

No “Lefty Flip” on vehicle control: Removal of the lefty flip on vehicle control so that left-handed players can aim with the left stick, but still steer with the right stick.

Persisting Charges & Mines: Limpet Charges (and the new Proximity Mines) will persist at all times within the game world and not just when within a certain range of the player.

Distant Explosions: No matter where the explosion(s), players will be able to see them provided they have a line of sight… it’s always a clear day in Pacific City!

Ramp Truck Issues: Some vehicles didn’t seem to get on well with the ramp truck, but we never intended this to be a SUV-only toy. Now none of them can get enough of it!

Camera Enhancements: Better camera for performing vehicle stunts or driving on near vertical surfaces (particularly with Top Level Agency SUV or new Peacekeeper Buggy). Also vertigo-inducing tweaks for those long leaps of faith.

Player to player precision shots: We’ve dropped the PvP lock-on but now another agent can be hit with a head or leg shot using normal targeting.

“Free-For-All Pack” Free Downloadable Content:

Keys to the City: The ultimate Cheat Mode! Enter this mirror of the main Campaign for a clean-slate game that can be fully exploited and customized for a single play session.

(Note: Achievements and leaderboards will be disabled in this mode)

* Build a pile of 100 explosive drums at the top of the Agency Tower – then let it rip!
* Spawn a ramp truck anywhere, and it’ll stay there
* Create an agency vehicle or one of the new Peacekeeper vehicles any time, any place
* Players can set character skills however they want them, or just activate the accelerated skill leveling feature (“Crackdown” demo anyone?)
* Check out “Super Agent Agility” to jump ridiculous distances, swim faster than a torpedo and sprint faster than a speeding bullet (almost)
* Try the “Super Agent Strength” to toss a truck with deadly accuracy further than ever dreamt. Boot enemies into the stratosphere!
* Get the most out of the exciting selection of new weaponry by activating infinite ammo. Max out the selection at each supply point too!
* Do all of this without skipping a beat of the action – the pop-up cheat menu is always available during play without pausing the game

Vehicle Impounding: The Agency Garage has been given an overhaul; this was partly to accommodate the brand new Peacekeeper Vehicles, but also to allow Agents to impound their favorites so that they’re always available…in their preferred color.

* Impounding is simple: commandeer the vehicle and return it to the garage
* Vehicles that aren’t yet impounded are displayed as feint images, so players can see at a glance what’s missing from their collection
* The “Confiscator” achievement awaits those who simply had to catch ‘em all

Co-op Trophy sequences: A trophy emblazoned with my gamertag that is displayed for me and my opponent every time I win at the existing game types!? Yes please! Psychotic Mission Trials

* A record is now kept of Time Trials completed at “Psychotic” difficulty
* Scoring the maximum 21/21 isn’t just the ultimate challenge that every true Agent of Justice should have the stones to take on, but it’s also the only way to unlock the highly coveted “Psych Out” Achievement

“Getting’ Busy Bonus Pack” Premium Downloadable Content:

New Vehicles:

Agency Patrol Buggy:

* Double wishbone suspension absorbs the bumps in spectacular fashion
* Rides over anything – even when scaling near vertical surfaces
* Insane air control
* Roof mounted, independently aiming mini-gun activated with either “B” or “Left Bumper”

1178772059.jpg

Agency Pursuit Vehicle:

* Ridiculously powerful mono-cockpit race car
* Acceleration that blows away everything else in the city
* Incredible grip and top speed
* Those road race leaderboard times are set to tumble!

1178772145.jpg

Agency Armored Vehicle:

* Like the Agency Truck, the AAV can smash through barricades with ease
* Tank-like in design, occupants are completely protected from assault
* Surprisingly fast and agile for its size
* Rockets fired from independently aiming main turret with either “B” or “Left Bumper”

1178772044.jpg

Street Racing: Pacific City is finally free from crime. Agency activity is once again concealed behind closed doors. The remaining peacekeepers, having very little to do, quickly grew restless. To satisfy their lingering lust for danger, high risk Street Racing tournaments have been established across the city.

* Compete in six different on and off road races across the city
* 6 radically different vehicle options per circuit
* Race against up to 11 other “do or die” opponents, including another player over XBL
* Compare fastest race times as well as race wins for that session with your co-op “buddy”
* Players can post their fastest time per circuit to the online leaderboards
* Take advantage of the world of “Crackdown” to win by any means necessary: create road blocks, hit gas tanks, or simply slam opponents into submission

New Equipment

MSK Lobber

* Mini rockets are thrown out from the rotating muzzle section before their boosters ignite and swarm towards their target.
* The homing mini-rockets are incredibly agile making this the ultimate fire-and-forget weapon

1178772040.jpg

EX1 “Proximity Charge”

* Similar to the standard issue “Limpet Charge,” these can be attached to any surface.
* A visible local field is generated when the charge is set. Enemy penetration of this field will result in detonation
* In a bid to reduce the extensive civilian casualties lying in the wake of any crime fighting Agent, intelligent threat-sensing technology prevents the charge from detonating when a firearm is not detected
* Unfortunately the technology isn’t quite intelligent enough to prevent detonation due to field penetration by another Agent

HRX “Harpoon”

* A powerful gas powered mechanism capable of launching a deadly, razor-sharp spear over large distances with incredible accuracy
* Can be used to ensure enemies “stick around” when players need them to, or to attach perps to their vehicle if they need to take them downtown…or around town

1178772063.jpg

MZ360 “Mini-Gun”

* The ultimate fast-firing projectile weapon
* “Spin-up” to full fire rate takes some time, but the devastation is incredible
* Comes with a bountiful supply of high-caliber ammunition

VS1 “Cloaking Device”

* The perfect device for the Agent that likes his action served psychotic, or for anyone that just needs to get under the radar from time to time
* Renders the player barely visible and off radar
* The VS1 is fuelled by Agency suit armor; when depleted an Agent can find themselves distressingly vulnerable

1178772023.jpg

New Game Types

Max-Agility Rooftop Races

* Compete solo or with two players in races across the city rooftops
* Nine new races in total, each with its own solo & co-op leaderboards
* Four are with Los Muertos, three with The Volk, and The Shai-Gen play host to the remaining two
* And no, gamers won’t need to complete these too for the existing “Over Our Heads” Achievement!

Stockpile

* Each district (including Agency Island) hosts a Stockpile game – clearly identified with its unique beacon
* Stockpile can be played solo or in co-op
* The aim is to collect all the game specific orbs (also marked on the tracker) in the fastest time
* Best times are uploaded to the online leaderboards
* Two players can work co-operatively to find all the orbs in the fastest possible time, or simply compete for the highest score when the time runs out
* In the case of competitive play, it doesn’t always pay to do the grunt work of collection; when an Agent is killed he drops a third of his spoils

Checkpoint Chase

* A highly addictive two-player competitive game that makes the very most of the world of “Crackdown”
* The game can only be initiated in one place – the Agency Garage
* A random target destination is identified somewhere on the city, but is only marked on the tracker (not the map)
* The first person to reach the destination gains a point and activates the next checkpoint
* The winner is the first to 10 points
* Other than that, Checkpoint Chase has no rules!

Rocket Tag

 The ultimate competitive combat event!  Each of the 21 gang boss lairs now also plays host to a game of Rocket Tag  When the game is activated the players are randomly assigned as “hunter” and “hunted”  The hunter has a straight-shootin’ “Hotshot” rocket launcher…and more ammo than he could ever need!  The hunted has…a pistol  To win, the hunted player must avoid being caught in the blast of the rocket launcher for 60 seconds. Simple!

NOTE: Gamers can essentially “try before you buy” by partnering cooperatively with another player that has purchased the “Getting’ Busy Bonus Pack”. This will give both players full access to pack’s goodies, for that session. Trust us when we say that once you sample the fun of this pack, you’ll want to “Get Busy” every time!

Achievements:

The new content brings with it seven new achievements (taking the overall total to a nice round 50). Let’s get one thing straight, nobody’s paying for the 100 points that were missing from the original game – and in fact we’re repaying that debt with some serious interest! In total the download pack unlocks a whopping 350 gamerscore!

Confiscator *

* Impound all the chosen vehicles and store them in the Agency Garage
* 40 Gamerscore

Psych Out *

* Complete all Time Trial missions at the Psychotic Difficulty level
* 100 Gamerscore

Stockpile Supreme **

* Complete any Stockpile mini-game in less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
* 10 Gamerscore

Flippin' Crazy **

* Complete three flips of any type in a single jump in any vehicle
* 20 Gamerscore

Body Armor **

* Use the Harpoon gun to attach five corpses to a single vehicle
* 10 Gamerscore

Street Racer ***

* Win all Street Races using any vehicle
* 20 Gamerscore

Street Racer Elite ***

* Win all Street Races using all available vehicles
* 150 Gamerscore

* Available with Free DLC
** Available when one player has Premium DLC
*** Available only with Premium DLC

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    So, there's an ad for the Crackdown demo on XBLMarketplace, but fuck if I can find it. What gives?

It got delayed, citing MS's certification process for XBLMarketplace as the reason.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wait, whats Crackdown? It sound familiar.

-edit: Looked it up msyelf. I cant wait for the demo!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I thought it was delayed because of certification stuff? Maybe their ad department didn't get the memo.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    ufoufo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    oh you know the free game that comes with the halo 3 beta. :wink:

ufo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ah - heh, it's really silly to see a prominent advert to download something "TODAY!" and it's not even there.

Drez on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Okay, so looking at the latest previews it's starting to sound like the game just drops you in the middle of the mayhem and says "go to it" with little to no narrative introduction at all.

Also you can throw cars at your co-op partner and kill him, the game will keep score.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm still not entirely sure what to think of this game, but I'm interested to see how the demo turns out.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    After reading the post above yours, I know exactly what to think of it: Awesome.

Drez on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was really looking forward to the demo. Sad to see it delayed. I was hoping it would tide me over till Rogue Galaxy hit.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Taramoor wrote:
    Also you can throw cars at your co-op partner and kill him, the game will keep score.

This is all I needed to hear.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I'll give it a shot, but hopefully it's more than just GTA: Cel-City Stories. I got tired of GTA with Vice City.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just heard about the delay news on Attack of the Show and just to let you guys know that it's a Co-Op demo, so you can't play it without a friend.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just heard about the delay news on Attack of the Show and just to let you guys know that it's a Co-Op demo, so you can't play it without a friend.
    What?

Fuck I don't even have another fucking controller.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Uriel wrote:
    What?

I don't think its split screen co-op.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Axen wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    What?

I don't think its split screen co-op.

Yeah. It's over live
    A Microsoft spokesman told us that in the demo, "gamers must organize co-op matches from the demo’s interface before jumping into the crime-ridden streets of Pacific City. Once in a game, players will be able to fully explore one of the four major gang-held territories available in the final game."

Link

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What an odd thing to do...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

That seems really odd...

Polago on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Uriel wrote:
    What?

yup, no splitscreen. You just need a friend on Live.

edit: beat'd fo' sho'

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    KrellKrell Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It doesn't say the demo is co-op only in that link. Just that if you want to play co-op you need to start the game with another friend beforehand, since the drop-in/drop-out feature won't be available (similar to what Gears does).

Krell on
    LordKrell00.jpg
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i thought there was no co-op, just system link and live?

variant on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    What?

yup, no splitscreen. You just need a friend on Live.

edit: beat'd fo' sho'
    OH well that's alright then.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    variant wrote:
    i thought there was no co-op, just system link and live?
    co-op for sure, my man. No split-screen, but it is system-link and Live.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You CAN play it all by your lonesome.

Renzo on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, wait, does that mean it only plays with someone in co-op mode, or that it will only play co-op mode with someone else in it?

If it's the first, someone add me to your list! gamertag = templewulf

If it's the second, well...thanks for the heads up, MS?

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Aw man, I was hoping to download this puppy today.

Kami on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Seems there's some confusion here. You can play the full game two ways:

1. Single Player

2. Co-op, with two options:
    a) Live
    b) System Link

I think the demo has these same options as well. But the only difference is that you have to set up co-op play beforehand in the demo, whereas you can drop in and out on the fly in the full game.

You cannot play Splitscreen Co-op, nor do you have to play it co-op. Those of us with no friends, rejoice.

Renzo on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanks, Renzo, that's some handy clearing-things-up you've got going on there.

Also, for bottom-paged:
    templewulf wrote:
    someone add me to your list! gamertag = templewulf

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    From the latest Crackdown blog on IGN:
    Before we smash our way head-first into this week’s blog topic, we wanted to quickly address the recent change in the “Crackdown” demo availability. While we can't give you a specific date yet, we are planning to put the demo out very shortly. The delay will be VERY SHORT. We repeat VERY SHORT!! Also, you guys should know that this wasn't Microsoft's or any one person's fault. Basically we all just want the demo to ROCK and we determined it needed a wee bit more time to bake before it was ready for primetime.

We also want to reiterate that the delay in the demo will have ZERO impact on the release of the game.

I'm not exactly holding my breath though, MS certification delays always seem very, very underestimated by devs.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    They should really get rid of the ad. It's still there. How much effort and manpower could it take to yank an ad that advertises something that doesn't exist yet?

Drez on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    Those of us with no friends, rejoice.

But my friends have Live, do I rejoice also?

Also; Crackdown yay!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'd be up for some co-op action whenever this lands on XBL. Gamertag is Collie C.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'd be up for some co-op action whenever this lands on XBL. Gamertag is Collie C.

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.
    Huh? It's up now?

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.
    Huh? It's up now?
    Fuck I'm an idiot. Wrong thread. I thought this was the Heavy Weapon thread.

A thousand apologies, people.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.
    Huh? It's up now?

I think we can now merge this thread with the "Misinformed Gamers" thread.

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.
    Huh? It's up now?

apology accepted, but for that, you still get a D:

make that a D:

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    oddmentoddment Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was soooo looking forward to the crackdown demo! I hope it doesn't take them too long to certify it and put it up, cos with being unemployed at the moment, it was to be one of the very few highlights of my week.

Ah well... Overtime Mode in Dead Rising still to complete, plus I gots NFS Most Wanted on the way AND SMT Digital Devil Saga on my PS2 to get back to.

I really like the look of Crackdown though, and am hoping its as much fun as it looks. Theres a wealth of 360 games due in the next few months though, so its really going to have to grab me at the demo stage for me to actually get it. Saying that, I still have Lost Planet to get eventually (is the collectors edition worth the extra moolah?), and I am interested in R6 Vegas.... TOO MANY GAMES! ARGH!

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.
    Huh? It's up now?

make that a D:
    Drez wrote:
    Drez should really get rid of the post. It's still there. How much effort and manpower could it take to yank an post that advertises something that doesn't exist yet?
    <3

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PikaPuff wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's already on XBL.

I'll add ya.
    Huh? It's up now?

make that a D:
    Drez wrote:
    Drez should really get rid of the post. It's still there. How much effort and manpower could it take to yank an post that advertises something that doesn't exist yet?
    <3

D:

Drez on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    im glad the demo was delayed, i havent taken my 360 back from my friends yet.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap