Options

Crackdown: New DLC is out!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    kriegs wrote:
    Level 4 agility...

Get it.

Seriously, lvl 4 agility opens the game up REAL wide-like. Oh no, 5 hitmen just got out of some cars and are hurting you real bad. *Press A* Not anymore. The 30 min time limit kills me, I was having a blast just jumping around like a nut getting all the agility upgrades.

Now it's time for another session of Kriegs' Kwestions:

Have they established how retail co-op will work? To clarify, if I have a maxed out single-player officer and I want to go co-op, do I have the option do start off as a new officer? Will it be like Dead Rising where I have only 1 character/save per storage device?

Is it just me or do headshots seem completely ineffective? I picked up a sniper rifle, aimed right between some poor bastard's eyes, fired... and he only lost half HP, which is the same as a body shot.

Is there any way to "beat" the demo? ...Just curious.
    If I wait until the circle becomes all real tiny-like, then it's a very good chance of instant kill.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is there any way to zoom the sniper rifle in at all beyond what it starts off as? It's not much of a zoom.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    defrag wrote:
    Is there any way to zoom the sniper rifle in at all beyond what it starts off as? It's not much of a zoom.

With how the lock on and targeting works, why would you need it?

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    stratego wrote:
    defrag wrote:

To stare at women's asses.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    stratego wrote:
    defrag wrote:

The lock on in this game is terrible! But, mostly just for fun.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I have no issue with the lock on save for attempting to switch between targets in a cluster so that I might toss a grenade at the center most thug.

I like the body targeting system. I always shoot out their legs so that I might run up to them and stomp them to death while they are down.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sniper rifle is the only one where manual aim should be mandatory. its not a run-and-gun weapon, and the fun of it (for me, at least) is taking your time and lining up your shot.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Especially since you get all of three bullets when you pick up a sniper rifle. Where's the fun in a locked-on sniper rifle with three bullets?

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    defrag wrote:
    Especially since you get all of three bullets when you pick up a sniper rifle. Where's the fun in a locked-on sniper rifle with three bullets?

Even after you drop it off in a supply spot?

yalborap on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    kriegs wrote:
    Level 4 agility...

Get it.

Seriously, lvl 4 agility opens the game up REAL wide-like. Oh no, 5 hitmen just got out of some cars and are hurting you real bad. *Press A* Not anymore. The 30 min time limit kills me, I was having a blast just jumping around like a nut getting all the agility upgrades.

Now it's time for another session of Kriegs' Kwestions:

Have they established how retail co-op will work? To clarify, if I have a maxed out single-player officer and I want to go co-op, do I have the option do start off as a new officer? Will it be like Dead Rising where I have only 1 character/save per storage device?

Is it just me or do headshots seem completely ineffective? I picked up a sniper rifle, aimed right between some poor bastard's eyes, fired... and he only lost half HP, which is the same as a body shot.

Is there any way to "beat" the demo? ...Just curious.
    retail co-op, they've said you get to keep your character's abilities. So, a fully powered-up cop can join a noob player's game, to help them out if they want.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    defrag wrote:

That I don't know. But in the case that you get more, what's the fun in a locked-on sniper rifle period? EDIT: Especially in a game where you can headshot with a pistol from like 600 yards?

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    and you use the bumper buttons to zoom in and out when you have the scope up (d-pad)

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    defrag wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    defrag wrote:

That I don't know. But in the case that you get more, what's the fun in a locked-on sniper rifle period? EDIT: Especially in a game where you can headshot with a pistol from like 600 yards?

Lining up the shot with the zoom mode?

yalborap on
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    revolve wrote:
    Seriously, play Crackdown in co-op before making any sort of final judgment about the game.

I did, with a friend, and it was enjoyable. I do have to agree with what everyone else said about the repetitive missions though. I hope there's at least some sort of basic storyline other then go here, kill this guy, and then this guy, and then the kingpin, THE END.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Still havn't downloaded this. Just got my 360 a few hours ago and I've been enjoying Dead Rising.

How long does the download take?

And a general 360 question: Is my power brick supposed to be so hot?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Still havn't downloaded this. Just got my 360 a few hours ago and I've been enjoying Dead Rising.

Depends. I've gotten files this size in like 10 minutes. However, this one took me a few hours before the whole thing downloaded. You can do other stuff while it downloads, though.

yalborap on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yalborap wrote:

Depends. I've gotten files this size in like 10 minutes. However, this one took me a few hours before the whole thing downloaded. You can do other stuff while it downloads, though.

Oh, that's good.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

Took me about an hour.
    Note that you can play Xbox Live Arcade games (offline) and still download at the same time.

Sanders on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    defrag wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    defrag wrote:

Dropping it off at a supply spot and reloading the sniper gives you 20 I believe.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    holy shit this demo is awesome

Xieflow on
  • Options
    Flesh Into GearFlesh Into Gear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    2346.gif

Yes

Is it possible to find the rocket launcher in the demo?

Flesh Into Gear on
    katamarisig4ee3f299bd4.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    2346.gif

Yes

I haven't found it. As such, I don't think so.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    DJDeeJayDJDeeJay Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I am having so much fun with the demo, I can't wait for this to come out (It'll be my birthday present to myself). I was never really sure in the past months about how to feel about the style, but I've got to say, it really does look beautiful, and really makes it set apart from everything else in in genre. The controls just feel good, for the most part (although some oddities, no manual reload? Can't auto-target thrown grenades to det early?).

I've got some small gripes here and there, but they are mostly overlook-able.

I'd like the combat fleshed out a little bit more, even if it was just some more animations even. Somewhat countered by the grin I make when jump kicking someone off of a 10 story building.

There's something about the driving that I don't quite like, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is. Maybe it will be better once I get maxed out driving skill. The morphing agent vehicles COMPLETELY make up for it though, one of the coolest effects I've seen in awhile.

Few others, but negligible enough to not even mention. I'm down for some co-op if any invites are thrown my way.

DJDeeJay on
    FrozenMonk.png
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    left bumper seems to be manual reload

Xieflow on
  • Options
    CriptCript Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The watson grenade launcher is all sorts of awsome. I have made some pretty damn impressive explosions with it. Bodies flying everywhere. Simply amazing. Will definatly be picking this up when it comes out. I just love jumping around blasting degerates and causing all sorts of havok.

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The more I mess around the more I worry about the collection aspect of things.

500 agility orbs? Good lord.

300 Hidden orbs?

Granted I found about 50 laying around the islands available in the demo, but still... I'm having DK64 Flashbacks.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Taramoor wrote:
    The more I mess around the more I worry about the collection aspect of things.

500 agility orbs? Good lord.

300 Hidden orbs?

Granted I found about 50 laying around the islands available in the demo, but still... I'm having DK64 Flashbacks.

IIRC, you don't need them all to hit the max levels. I'm guessing the rest are there for achievement hounds.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    CriptCript Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wonder how many orbs it will take in retail to level up a skill. I am also hoping theres more then 4 levels per skill.

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png
  • Options
    DrSammyDDrSammyD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sure this was an enjoyable demo, but this demo leaves me nothing to look forward to. I imagine this game as extremely formulaic. The game seemed to be a simple go here, kill this person, go here, get to the security lockup, then go here kill some more people. It was fun climbing on buildings, but this is akin to just driving around in GTA3, or web slinging in ultimate Spiderman, or even just flying in the superman game. It gets old, quick. The game reminds me of Just Cause, and that really wasn’t that good. The driving is unexciting and the regular cars don’t turn fast enough. The weapons weren’t that fun to use, and they knew it would be to hard to aim in game so they added a lock on function that wasn’t instantly accurate in a feeble attempt to add an illusion of skill to shooting. They could have at least slowed down time in order to let you shoot the person. People like head shots, and that’s something I don’t think they understood. If they had just made the combat in this like, I don’t know, Max Payne, I would buy this game. No, instead the character is stuck in empty streets, with no cover, not even a way to duck, and you have about 200 people shooting at you. The climbing is awkward in that, for example, when trying to climb down a building you have to jump onto the railing and then back off of it in order to catch the ledge. If you’re pressing forward towards the railing, then it should automatically jump over the railing and catch it, ala prince of Persia. In essence this game tries to blend a whole bunch of genres, but does nothing as good as those other games do, which all adds up to a large disappointment. I reserve the right to change this opinion if the game surprises me on release.

DrSammyD on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Taramoor wrote:
    2346.gif

Yes

This picture is misleading because you can only throw dead people.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:
    2346.gif

Yes

i still like the idea of chucking a corpse into a group and following it up with a rocket. Sure, you could just target a living person in the group, but where's the fun in that?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DrSammyD wrote:
    Sure this was an enjoyable demo, but this demo leaves me nothing to look forward to. I imagine this game as extremely formulaic. The game seemed to be a simple go here, kill this person, go here, get to the security lockup, then go here kill some more people. It was fun climbing on buildings, but this is akin to just driving around in GTA3, or web slinging in ultimate Spiderman, or even just flying in the superman game. It gets old, quick. The game reminds me of Just Cause, and that really wasn’t that good. The driving is unexciting and the regular cars don’t turn fast enough. The weapons weren’t that fun to use, and they knew it would be to hard to aim in game so they added a lock on function that wasn’t instantly accurate in a feeble attempt to add an illusion of skill to shooting. They could have at least slowed down time in order to let you shoot the person. People like head shots, and that’s something I don’t think they understood. If they had just made the combat in this like, I don’t know, Max Payne, I would buy this game. No, instead the character is stuck in empty streets, with no cover, not even a way to duck, and you have about 200 people shooting at you. The climbing is awkward in that, for example, when trying to climb down a building you have to jump onto the railing and then back off of it in order to catch the ledge. If you’re pressing forward towards the railing, then it should automatically jump over the railing and catch it, ala prince of Persia. In essence this game tries to blend a whole bunch of genres, but does nothing as good as those other games do, which all adds up to a large disappointment. I reserve the right to change this opinion if the game surprises me on release.

Click in the movement stick to crouch, it increases firearm accuracy.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Houk wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:
    2346.gif

Yes

i still like the idea of chucking a corpse into a group and following it up with a rocket. Sure, you could just target a living person in the group, but where's the fun in that?
    i like your style

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ingredients needed:
    Limpet mines
    Smartcar

1. Take four (4) limpet mines.

2. Attach to nose of smartcar.

3. Throw at tramp.

4. Detonate.

5. ???

6. Profit.

Iriah on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Iriah wrote:
    Ingredients needed:
    Limpet mines
    Smartcar

1. Take ten (10) limpet mines.

2. Attach to car containing co-op partner.

3. Detonate.

4. ???

5. Profit.

Fixed for hijinx

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Windowlicker77Windowlicker77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I am digging the demo I started playing last night after a 1 hr download. But why are all the gang bosses mexican?? It seems a little strange, did anyone else notice that?

Windowlicker77 on
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I am digging the demo I started playing last night after a 1 hr download. But why are all the gang bosses mexican?? It seems a little strange, did anyone else notice that?

...because it's a Mexican gang?

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007

There are multiple gang factions of varying race/ethnicity spread throughout the city. For the purpose of the demo, you only go up against Los Muertos.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    The TommyThe Tommy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just finished my first run-through and 30 minute demo limit PISSES ME OFF D:

I took down one or two bosses, but mainly I just like jumping around on the rooftops. Combat is a little... meh, but still, fun. Not sure if it's going to be worth $60, though.

The Tommy on
    modestmousesig2ab5.png
  • Options
    Windowlicker77Windowlicker77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There are multiple gang factions of varying race/ethnicity spread throughout the city. For the purpose of the demo, you only go up against Los Muertos.

Ahh yeah that makes sense, thats why I'm a windowlicker you know. :D

Windowlicker77 on