As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Community: Troy and Abed in Stopmotion!

1585960616264»

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The claymation forms were described in that Harmon interview a few pages back.
    It also hints Abed has a crush on Annie which I've actually suspected since he went Madmen on her

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well that and every red blooded heterosexual male has a crush on annie.

Bedlam on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joe Dizzy wrote: »
    I know. I just found the implications of the Halloween episode to be a lot more disturbing.

I don't quite see why you would. The Halloween episode was entirely played for laughs. They retconned the entire episode out of continuity in all but name.

Compare it to the emotional core of this episode, and I really find quite sensible for people to distinguish between the two.

The Halloween episode was clearly referenced with Shirley's pregnancy test.

Schrodinger on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The claymation forms were described in that Harmon interview a few pages back.
    It also hints Abed has a crush on Annie which I've actually suspected since he went Madmen on her

Also, he reacted to her puppy face in the episode where she gets Chang fired so everyone has to repeat Spanish.

Robos A Go Go on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joe Dizzy wrote: »
    I know. I just found the implications of the Halloween episode to be a lot more disturbing.

I don't quite see why you would. The Halloween episode was entirely played for laughs. They retconned the entire episode out of continuity in all but name.

Compare it to the emotional core of this episode, and I really find quite sensible for people to distinguish between the two.

The Halloween episode was clearly referenced with Shirley's pregnancy test.

Oh god I forgot about that bit in the Halloween episode. That explains why during the missing pen episode the camera cuts to Troy with a look of surprise on his face when it's revealed that it would have been halloween that she would have gotten pregnant.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Community Writer 1: Hey a claymation christmas episode would be awesome
    Community Writer 2: Hell yeah! Lets do it!

Thats about as much as I read into it. And fuck was it awesome =D

projectmayhem on
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    New thread gents, USE IT!

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Abed openly and instantly recognized that what was going on wasn't real. He then went through a process of self-examination that was viewed through the prism that defines how he interacts with the world; pop culture. He then resolved the internal issue to some degree of satisfaction, and returned to the "real" world by accepting the things that had caused him to drop into this state.

That was exactly the kind of thing you try to get people who are having an emotional breakdown to do. That it happened in stop motion and not live action was a conceit to Abed's internal strangeness and the fact that this is a television show.

Exactly

Abed had a serious breakdown due to something understandably traumatic. The way he managed to deal with it and the way his breakdown manifested are unique, but not a sign that he's horribly disturbed, just a very wounded individual dealing with a situation in his own way. I would expect a more normal person to break down to the same degree Abed did.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why won't this thread just die?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bw5-aPJ6LQ

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    senior cheng, eh?

Raneados on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Why won't this thread just die?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bw5-aPJ6LQ

Bump.

Schrodinger on