As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(Doodle) All Night Long (NSFW)

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That colour combo reminds me of these.
    PACOL.jpg

Do you get them in the US? Man, they're fucking awesome, I'm going to go and buy a bag of them today.

Mustang on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think the name would probably have some negative connotations, stateside.

Fugitive on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah but they're the 'original' Columbines, it says it right there on the pack.
    Why do I always have to take jokes too far?

Mustang on
  • the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WCK, I wanted to correct the writing on your ship to say "United States OF America", but then I remembered that many of the people in my country say it exactly like that: "United States 'a 'Merica". Yeehaw.

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    random dude on DA study
    portrait1.jpg

Iruka on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kind of looks like Chromatomic.

NibCrom on
    edited September 2010
    does it? I dont know what he looks like, but Its probably closer to him than the dude i referenced. I;m pretty terrible at measuring.

Iruka on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WCK, I wanted to correct the writing on your ship to say "United States OF America", but then I remembered that many of the people in my country say it exactly like that: "United States 'a 'Merica". Yeehaw.

The word 'of' isn't part the Australian English language.

A picture of a naked woman sitting on a chair. Spent about 4 hours getting the proportions right so far. Actually started this a couple of weekends ago, but been super busy so havnt worked on it... but hopefully ill have it done this weekend!

naked-chick.jpg

And my Alice in Wonderland pic. I have two versions of this. One digital and another oil. I prefer the oil one for the fact that it's real paint, but my digital one is so far much more successful. Still not used to working in such colours.

[kiss-arse]Been looking at some Irukas pics for reference as to how she manages her colour palettes [/kiss-arse]

alice-coloured-almost-doneish.jpg

what it was

alice-colour-layout.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
    edited September 2010
    Unfortunatly, One of the pit falls of my work is low contrast, which looks like its afflicting your image as well. The colors are far less muddy But you've lost the sense that that butterfly is a light source. You might want to desaturate the background and try to reclaim the light.

But thanks for the ass kissing.

edit in gif:
    dogpouncef.gif

Iruka on
  • JenspirationJenspiration Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This thread is made of win. Must make time to go through all... 80+ pages. Jikes.

Issue I've got with my artsy stuff is that ALL of it pretty much looks like doodles. But hey, here's an -actual doodle- that was just done on the side to try to figure some facial features out:

mercenary.jpg

Perhaps you know the actor :P

Jenspiration on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Benecio

earthwormadam on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SO i'm busy designing my portfolio page. I sketched it out on paper and was pretty satisfied with the design. Now that i'm photoshopping my first mockup, i find some areas a bit lacking..

It's going to be one big scroll-down site with some smooth scrolling jquery buttons.
    Each day i'm reasonably satisfied with the design, only to be moderately disappointed when i open it the next evening..

Any tips/ feedback on just about any aspect of the design would be superappreciated...
    Schermafbeelding_2010-09-24_om.png
    oh, and the drawing at the top still needs to be change. I guess i'll draw something new to match / complement the colour scheme i'll end up choosing.

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • JenspirationJenspiration Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Benecio

Ding ding ding! Correct!
    :D

Jenspiration on
    edited September 2010
    yay I win the internets

Also, G Hatter, you should try a more unified and subdued color scheme because that has a lot going on and the orange is a bit much for the eyes.

earthwormadam on
  • Wilhelm_IIIWilhelm_III Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    McGibs wrote: »
    You need to draw the captain in mirror image. They can have a beard-off

Here's some quick concepts for the chaos plate armor I plan on making out of sheet styrene. Traced over my squishy chassis.
    choasplate01.jpg

This is awesome and I fully support your endeavour! I have no real critique for you, great designs, looks very chaos-y (though not necessarily devoted to any one Chaos God, I saw you talking about Khorne in another post which is what made me think to look for some defining symbols ecept for perhaps the eye in the middle one).

Wilhelm_III on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    But thanks for the ass kissing.

No probs. Just return the favor and feed my delusions :P

winter_combat_knight on
  • AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    apleasurethen03.png

AgentofOrange on
    edited September 2010
    Gentwalkcolor.gif

botp
    apleasurethen03.png

Iruka on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Digging those animations, 'ruka.

(Put that shit up on your website/DA like yesterday, man.)

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, G Hatter, you should try a more unified and subdued color scheme because that has a lot going on and the orange is a bit much for the eyes.

Thanks Adam. I guess i got a little used to it all being this vibrant.. I kinda liked the orange, bit i'll tone it all down and see if it's better (i guess it's my drawings that oughtta pop out and not the website...

Schermafbeelding_2010-09-25_om.png.scaled.1000.jpg

Is this a bit more easy-on-the-eye? (i'm pretty bad at choosing colours digitally...)

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I went apple picking today with my family, then came home and marker doodled (:
    This is not my family. But I wouldn't mind

0925.jpg

Gee I love autumn :B

Iruka, how long does each animation take you? They look pretty smooooth

melting_doll on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    so cute!

mensch-o-matic on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh jeeze that is adorable

RubberAC on
  • ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aww, that's sweet.

Paradise on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Melting doll I absolutely LOVE that doodle.

Obilex on
  • thejazzmanthejazzman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is there any particular reason there's no up and down on the hips Iruka? Maybe it's a choice b/c the guy is meant to be a strait edge posh guy? still looks a little strange with it being so static (especially in light of everything, the hair, the hat, the nose, the toes etc having such a lot of drag on them). Still really like it though.

thejazzman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Thanks guys :D

Here's a shelf sign I made for our old 80's Transformers comics:

0917.jpg

melting_doll on
    edited September 2010
    Hey MD what comic shop you work at?!

I was just at the Big Easy in Portland and I parked in front of a shop downtown. Nice Optimus!

earthwormadam on
    edited September 2010
    NO WAI

I work at Casablanca on Middle Street, where Bullmoose Music is. (:

melting_doll on
    edited September 2010
    Oh shiz that was the one!! I'll havta stop in there next time I'm up. I got up there pretty late for a show, and I was surprised that the store was still open. I really wanted to pop in, but I also wanted to be more frugal with my monies. I knew if I went in the comic shop I would also hafta vistit Bullmoose. (its my fav)

earthwormadam on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So i'm doing some thumbs for a book cover. I don't want to say what the book is about, because the idea of this is simply to make a cover that will draw the eye and have someone pick up the book in a store. Which of these thumbs seem most interesting?
    nobleTHUMBS.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited September 2010
    Concept wise the one with the clock hands is the only one that doesn't seem cliche.

Maybe if you fool around with some more ideas like that you'll get something special. For example maybe if he wasn't in such a ridged clock kinda pose, within a clearly defined clock structure but more like an action pose with a clock around him that isn't quite so noticeable.

Like if you look at it first you just see a guy with a gun in a dynamic pose, but then you look again and you see he's actually in a clock and he's pointing at numbers like clock hands.

earthwormadam on
    edited September 2010
    thejazzman wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason there's no up and down on the hips Iruka? Maybe it's a choice b/c the guy is meant to be a strait edge posh guy? still looks a little strange with it being so static (especially in light of everything, the hair, the hat, the nose, the toes etc having such a lot of drag on them). Still really like it though.

Hes supposed to be a little strait, but I can see how its not adding up. I'll keep a waist bounce in mind for the next one and try and emphasize it.

Digging those animations, 'ruka.

(Put that shit up on your website/DA like yesterday, man.)

Ooookaaay! I'm trying to do enough animation in the next week or so to have a little demo reel.

Iruka, how long does each animation take you? They look pretty smooooth
    Walk cycles are pretty easy to pound out, maybe 2 hours. Something like that pouncing bug dog takes longer because I spend more time exporting and running the animation and adjusting, as Im figuring out motions that I don't have a guide for already. Thanks for the compliments, I hope to get them smoother with better pacing.

Iruka on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    orikae and i did this at an art cafe today

61869_627938490298_122700611_36353720_696589_n.jpg

he = left, me = right

about 2 hours

t zergling: i love the pocket watch one

mully on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    mully wrote: »
    orikae and i did this at an art cafe today
    he = left, me = right

So whose resembles the model more?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think they were painting each other.
    I'm sorry to one of you

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited September 2010
    I have to start using traditional medium, so what's the easiest, cheapest way for me to get into paint?
    Like what equipment do I need to make ungodly mistakes on canvas and board?

Mustang on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    both of those portraits are exceedingly accurate

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    V3TW7.png

trying to move my stuff in a different direction

fanart of these two dudes

mensch-o-matic on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Zerg i say combine 1-3, 2-2 together and the wanted poster underneath, like its lying on a table as he looks at the time?

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
This discussion has been closed.