As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm Going To Cut Your Dick Off [Circumcision]

1192021222325»

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    But seriously I would like some bedazzled foreskin like Jennifer Love Hewitt does to her vagina.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    JudgementJudgement Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    But seriously I would like some bedazzled foreskin like Jennifer Love Hewitt does to her vagina.

Ohhh... That's what Bruce Springsteen was talking about...

Judgement on
    309151-1.png
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Judgement wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

Ohhh... That's what Bruce Springsteen was talking about...

Damn you. I googled it. Now I know.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait Bruce Springsteen was talking about Jennifer Love Hewitt's vajazzling?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    JudgementJudgement Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What can I say? He's a prophet of vaginal decoration.

Judgement on
    309151-1.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Found the cost/benefit. If I'm reading it right, neonatal circ reduces a person's chance of contracting HIV by .2992% ("It reduced the 1.87% lifetime risk of HIV among all males by about 16%"). Now, I'm only assuming that the risk of complication is included, but I think the likelyhood is quite high.

The age study.

Scalfin, I just want to know one thing...

Why do you hate my foreskin? Has it offended you? Does my uncut wiener make you mad?

I mean, do people actually get bent out of shape about this in the real world? Cut it off or not, but let the kid choose. If he's worried about the HIV, he'll lop it off. If he looks around and doesn't see a health epidemic being caused by uncut wangs, he'll probably opt not to have surgery to remove a piece of his penis.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Are you really still beating that strawman? Nowhere did I claim the HIV=Polio. I noted that your argument that circumcision is unnecessary because HIV in the US is rare compared to Africa could be (and is) used to oppose vaccines, an argument we know is hilariously stupid. It's textbook reductio ad absurdum, so you can suck it up.

Just like yours could be compared to parents tattooing their children. It goes both ways. So instead, how about you offer up a real argument?

I don't know why I ask you to since all you do is claim all other studies wrong, ignore reality itself, and eventually disappear when you finally accept no one will accept you're half thought out blustering.

Quid on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The moral of the story: Don't put your penis in a female's butt without a condom.

Male butt is okay then?

I was just speaking from experience. :P

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I know you had this already on the first page but: holy shit, it never even occured to me that this could be a 40-page argument.

It doesn't seem to really affect... anything? There are maybe/maybe not health benefits? It feels like most of the excitement comes from buyer's pride more than anything. Obviously my circumsized/uncircumsized dick is better because well wouldn't it suck if it weren't?

It's like reading a 360/PS3/Wii debate.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, does anyone else here think that in the countries where circumcision could possibly be used to prevent HIV, the circumcision is probably done in such unsterile conditions that the end result is lot of dead people anyway?

Also, the risks of adult circumcision are the exact same as the risks in infant circumcision. (NSFW Dick pictures)
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/990315ap/1514.html
    Possible complications of adult circumcision include infection, bleeding, poor cosmetic results and a change in sensation during intercourse.

Yes, shitty surgeon will fuck up adult circumcision, but the same shitty surgeon will also fuck up infant circumcision. Neither are medically dangerous if performed by a professional.
    I know you had this already on the first page but: holy shit, it never even occured to me that this could be a 40-page argument.

It doesn't seem to really affect... anything? There are maybe/maybe not health benefits? It feels like most of the excitement comes from buyer's pride more than anything. Obviously my circumsized/uncircumsized dick is better because well wouldn't it suck if it weren't?

Which is precisely why I find the pro-circ insane insistence that it MUST be done to infants incapable of consent instead of older children or adults who can choose if they want it or not.

The health benefits are so small and easily avoidable by proper hygiene that only arguments are in the end cosmetic and religious. Neither which allows you to do permanent useless genital surgery on your infant.

I've never claimed that circumcision is any more or any less dangerous then tattoos or piercings, but then again my argument has never been about the physical issues here.

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Found the cost/benefit. If I'm reading it right, neonatal circ reduces a person's chance of contracting HIV by .2992% ("It reduced the 1.87% lifetime risk of HIV among all males by about 16%"). Now, I'm only assuming that the risk of complication is included, but I think the likelyhood is quite high.

The age study.
    Seriously? You're in favor of removing a healthy body part because doing so reduces an already very low risk by a tiny amount for the average American male? Also, the general lifetime risk for men getting HIV isn't distributed evenly among men in the American population. HIV doesn't strike people out of the blue. In the US, at least, HIV is much more common in certain demographics, based on behavioral patterns. In the case of the people who are actually significantly at-risk for HIV, circumcision wouldn't have any significant impact on their infection rates, as their behavior (sharing needles, sex with multiple male partners) has a much, much greater impact on their chances of becoming HIV-positive.

Following this logic, women should have masectomies to reduce their chances of getting breast cancer.

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Keep watching, the debate comes full circle about every 3rd page.

It's amazing, like watching a cat chase it's tail.

Sipex on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sipex wrote: »

Exactly. I mean, no one is claiming that Cut or Uncut penises are inherently better (well, I guess some people are, using specious reasoning). We're not insulting your penis, guys, whatever side of the fence you fall on. Maybe cut down on the vitriol? The issue, as has been stated SO MANY times in this thread is about whether it's ok to do it to an infant, or if it's better to let that individual decide what kind of penis they want when they are able to make that decision for themselves.

Murphy on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright, big post coming up
    Everything you've ever wanted to know about circumcision coming up
    If you guys seriously want to continue this discussion, at least read this, so we can get the BS out of the way and weigh shit for ourselves
    If you want some to know more about some of the references or citations, let me know and i'll follow that link for you
    circumcisionpage01.png
    circumcisionpage02.png
    circumcisionpage03.png
    circumcisionpage04.png
    circumcisionpage05.png
    circumcisionpage06.png
    circumcisionpage07.png
    circumcisionpage08.png
    circumcisionpage09.png
    circumcisionpage10.png
    circumcisionpage11.png
    circumcisionpage12.png
    circumcisionpage13.png

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hasn't most of that info been brought up in one form or another in this thread already?

Murphy on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Every time the argument restarts, I believe (So every 3-4 pages or so)

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Exactly.

Murphy on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Murphy wrote: »
    Hasn't most of that info been brought up in one form or another in this thread already?

somewhat in bits and pieces, but people keep arguing about the varacity and accuracy of each other's claims so i figured i'd put it all in one place fully references so hopefully we can push past arguing about citations and the credibility of each others' claims.

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

My parents got me a wii instead of an xbox or a ps3, based on the advice of a good friend who said that it suffered less from certain technical difficulties. Now I'm angry because my wii is a piece of a shit and I never got the option to choose the other two D:

All too similar.
    The real question here is; if the wii is a circumcized dick, which of the other two is an uncut dick, and what the hell does the remaining one represent?

Haleskarth on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Castration?

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sex change?

Haleskarth on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is worse than car metaphors.

Not by much, but it is.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you get more then one console I guess that means you are a hermaphrodite?

Circumcised hermaphrodite if you get all three?

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Are you really still beating that strawman? Nowhere did I claim the HIV=Polio. I noted that your argument that circumcision is unnecessary because HIV in the US is rare compared to Africa could be (and is) used to oppose vaccines, an argument we know is hilariously stupid. It's textbook reductio ad absurdum, so you can suck it up.

Just like yours could be compared to parents tattooing their children. It goes both ways. So instead, how about you offer up a real argument?

I don't know why I ask you to since all you do is claim all other studies wrong, ignore reality itself, and eventually disappear when you finally accept no one will accept you're half thought out blustering.

You could compare it, but you couldn't use any of my arguments to promote that position, as my argument is about the parent's right to represent his child's well being. Given that I can't imagine a context where tattoos would fit that criteria, my arguments wouldn't advance that position.

I've claimed a study to be wrong, while you have insisted that any study done in Africa is wrong. As for "ignoring reality itself," you haven't offered any realities. My disappearances are do to work (case in point), a family fishing trip, a loss of internet, television, and phone due to a thunderstorm, and, now, a trip to Virginia to visit my girlfriend.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Modern Man wrote: »

The age study.
    Seriously? You're in favor of removing a healthy body part because doing so reduces an already very low risk by a tiny amount for the average American male? Also, the general lifetime risk for men getting HIV isn't distributed evenly among men in the American population. HIV doesn't strike people out of the blue. In the US, at least, HIV is much more common in certain demographics, based on behavioral patterns. In the case of the people who are actually significantly at-risk for HIV, circumcision wouldn't have any significant impact on their infection rates, as their behavior (sharing needles, sex with multiple male partners) has a much, much greater impact on their chances of becoming HIV-positive.

Following this logic, women should have masectomies to reduce their chances of getting breast cancer.

All of that was included in the study. It broke the groups up by demographics and weighed the "tiny" benefit against the cost of the procedure and the risk of mishap.

I don't see any reason the value a body part that confers no benefits. The only reason I can think of keeping it is because it's natural, which is a very stupid reason.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Murphy wrote: »
    Sipex wrote: »

Exactly. I mean, no one is claiming that Cut or Uncut penises are inherently better (well, I guess some people are, using specious reasoning). We're not insulting your penis, guys, whatever side of the fence you fall on. Maybe cut down on the vitriol? The issue, as has been stated SO MANY times in this thread is about whether it's ok to do it to an infant, or if it's better to let that individual decide what kind of penis they want when they are able to make that decision for themselves.

I'm here because somebody's wrong on the internet. Oddly enough, that describes most of my interactions on this forum.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010

The age study.

All of that was included in the study. It broke the groups up by demographics and weighed the "tiny" benefit against the cost of the procedure and the risk of mishap.

I don't see any reason the value a body part that confers no benefits. The only reason I can think of keeping it is because it's natural, which is a very stupid reason.
    Well, that's a call for you to make when it comes to your own body. No one is arguing that you should be prevented from obtaining a circumcision for yourself, if that's what you want.

But, when it comes to children, it seems the proper thing to do is let them decide for themselves, when they're older, whether or not to remove perfectly healthy body parts.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2010
    So much fighting

Over such a little flap of skin

bongi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    So much fighting

Guys like to talk about their dicks. This thread gives us the perfect excuse.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    So much fighting

I'll say it again: We're guys. We're pretty attached to our dicks.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

The age study.

Well, that's a call for you to make when it comes to your own body. No one is arguing that you should be prevented from obtaining a circumcision for yourself, if that's what you want.

But, when it comes to children, it seems the proper thing to do is let them decide for themselves, when they're older, whether or not to remove perfectly healthy body parts.

I agree with this sentiment but applied towards baptism.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    mrt144 wrote: »

The age study.

I agree with that as well. But, I wouldn't support a legal ban on baptism of infants, but would be in favor of a ban on medically unneccessary circumcisions.

Modern Man on
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    edited June 2010

The age study.

I agree with that as well. But, I wouldn't support a legal ban on baptism of infants, but would be in favor of a ban on medically unneccessary circumcisions.

I support a legal ban on baptisms that involve submersion, adults and infants alike. They're more dangerous in potential harm and more needless than circumcisions.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Er, on adults? Let adults do what they want with themselves. Skydiving is pretty dangerous, but I don't support banning that.

(And while I realize that people skydive for fun, I'd imagine being baptized is "fun" too, as long as you believe in it)

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Er, on adults? Let adults do what they want with themselves. Skydiving is pretty dangerous, but I don't support banning that.

(And while I realize that people skydive for fun, I'd imagine being baptized is "fun" too, as long as you believe in it)

Tax it then. Im just trying to argue for the sake of argument here. There's a lot of religious practices that are illegal due to the harm caused.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Shivahn wrote: »

Tax it then. Im just trying to argue for the sake of argument here. There's a lot of religious practices that are illegal due to the harm caused.

you can't really do that. What about those cultures that forbid medical intervention? What are we doing about them? What about the Hmong?

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    so okay

everything that needs to have been said about normal dicks and dog dicks has been said.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.