As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Return of the [Chat]

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I have a couple of old, unused cell phones. I know the standard cell frequency isn't the same as wifi frequencies, but would it be at all possible to modify a cell phone antenna to transmit as wifi?

Donate to a women's shelter if you don't find a use for them, they can be used as phones to call 911.

I was thinking about donating them, but the screens don't work (one of the reasons I don't use them) but I guess that may not hinder dialing 911 too much.

Yeah that probably is the only good use left for them beyond what you were thinking with the wifi thing.

I actually want to try to install some other OS on them just to see whether I can. I'd like to mess around more with some of these old useless electronics I have to see what I can do.

What phones are these? They sound like smartphones, except a broken screen would seriously hinder your ability to use them.

I have a couple of old Samsung SPH-A460 phones back from when I first joined Sprint. I kept sending them in to be repaired, and they kept sending them back unfixed but saying they were fixed until I finally just got a new phone. I think the keypad on one may be busted too. So now I have 2 of these that are just sitting around. I have no idea what I'll be able to do with them, but I want to try something.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah I lost 1 horse to cougars and 2 to cliffs.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You guys always talkin' about RDR making me jealous.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have seen one cougar so far in RDR

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    hey Elkamil, did you know that The Hater was on indefinite hiatus?

WHAT? Oh god, no. No!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    I have seen one cougar so far in RDR

Maybe you're not going to the right bars?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mexico is probably one of my least favourite places to travel in RDR.

The story missions are mostly great but I just don't like it as much as the rest of it.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have a couple of old, unused cell phones. I know the standard cell frequency isn't the same as wifi frequencies, but would it be at all possible to modify a cell phone antenna to transmit as wifi?

Donate to a women's shelter if you don't find a use for them, they can be used as phones to call 911.

I was thinking about donating them, but the screens don't work (one of the reasons I don't use them) but I guess that may not hinder dialing 911 too much.

Yeah that probably is the only good use left for them beyond what you were thinking with the wifi thing.

I actually want to try to install some other OS on them just to see whether I can. I'd like to mess around more with some of these old useless electronics I have to see what I can do.

What phones are these? They sound like smartphones, except a broken screen would seriously hinder your ability to use them.

I have a couple of old Samsung SPH-A460 phones back from when I first joined Sprint. I kept sending them in to be repaired, and they kept sending them back unfixed but saying they were fixed until I finally just got a new phone. I think the keypad on one may be busted too. So now I have 2 of these that are just sitting around. I have no idea what I'll be able to do with them, but I want to try something.

I don't think you'll be able to do much with a phone like that. I mean if you were an electrical engineer and you had experience developing your own Linux distros you might be able to do something, but otherwise no.

If they're functional enough that you can dial 911 without a problem (a phone that only somewhat works would probably be pretty dangerous in an emergency situation) then donate 'em, otherwise I would recycle them. Sprint or Samsung probably have a program.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I don't think you'll be able to do much with a phone like that. I mean if you were an electrical engineer and you had experience developing your own Linux distros you might be able to do something, but otherwise no.

If they're functional enough that you can dial 911 without a problem (a phone that only somewhat works would probably be pretty dangerous in an emergency situation) then donate 'em, otherwise I would recycle them. Sprint or Samsung probably have a program.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how functional they actually are, and would be hesitant to donate them for emergency use due to that.

I know enough about linux to start me in the right direction really, and I've always wanted to learn more about electronics. Maybe I'll discover I can't really do much, but it seems like something that would be fun to look into at least.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Unfortunately, due to economic circumstances out of our control we have been forced to reevaluate our debate threads and make cutbacks as necessary. One of the proposed redundancies the committee has found was the circumcision thread and Free Will thread. The committee feels that merger of the two would serve us better:
    free-willy.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is apparently a real thing which has happened:
    sinkhole420-420x0.jpg

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    God, Battle for Wesnoth is like the best value on the iPhone for games in general. It's on sale for 99 cents and you get like a billion campaigns plus multiplayer. They just updated it with another campaign which is supposed to last 10 hours.

And holy fuck they added save game syncing with the desktop version holy fuuuuuuuck.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Unfortunately, due to economic circumstances out of our control we have been forced to reevaluate our debate threads and make cutbacks as necessary. One of the proposed redundancies the committee has found was the circumcision thread and Free Will thread. The committee feels that merger of the two would serve us better:
    free-willy.jpg

sir

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i still think the rico-diz makeout scene is... very hot

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    God, Battle for Wesnoth is like the best value on the iPhone for games in general. It's on sale for 99 cents and you get like a billion campaigns plus multiplayer. They just updated it with another campaign which is supposed to last 10 hours.

And holy fuck they added save game syncing with the desktop version holy fuuuuuuuck.

apparently the PC version is free

worthwhile if you are on your desktop?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I guess Link in A Link to the Past is supposed to have purple hair? And this bothers some people?

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

apparently the PC version is free

worthwhile if you are on your desktop?

Yesss. It's a very good game.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    God damnit, I'm playing this stupid We Rule game and my crops keep spoiling because I keep forgetting to check the game every hour and a half.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    noted

DL'ing

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Woo lunch!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ugh..... my sister bought me some sushi for lunch...... why did I feel compelled to eat that angus beef cheese and bacon pie from 7-11?

joshua1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [before checking location] - dude, it's 11 PM. This is lunch?
    [after checking] ah, I see. That does make more sense.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

I'm not ashamed to say I fap during the shower scene.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Inquisitor, Elldren, somebody else and I played a few games of the multiplayer. It's a lot of fun!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

i want to have baaaaabies

man

every girl in federal service is hot

even the starship captain is kind of a MILF

Organichu on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My horse hasn't died yet.

i leap off every cliff it is possible to leap off

you really learn some shortcuts because if you angle it right and the cliff is a proper grade... you sort of shimmy/slide down without dying

versus having to go around

I WANT THIS IS IN MY LIFE BUT GAMEFLY IS SLOW

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I am on a horse.

It's being eaten by cougars.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

i want to have baaaaabies

man

every girl in federal service is hot

even the starship captain is kind of a MILF

That's why I'm signing up for the military after college.

I don't really know what the military does, but apparently I'm surrounded by beautiful women that I constantly see naked and have sex with.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    RZA wrote:
    My penis rise up in the morning like a Phoenix
    And blast iron cells into a low blooded 'nemic

:[

TL DR on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You guys ever watch the Starship Troopers cartoon? It was on crazy early when I was a young'un, and it was good shit.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wish the anime thread came back on, because I just finished Evangelion 2.22.

Holy Balls.

HOLY BALLS.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright, I'll bite goddammit. What is Evangelion 2.22?

Winky on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wish the anime thread came back on, because I just finished Evangelion 2.22.

Holy Balls.

HOLY BALLS.

no.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am on a horse.

There's a man riding a horse on top of my chest.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, I'll bite goddammit. What is Evangelion 2.22?

From what I can tell, it's a re-imagining / re-working of the original. Character backgrounds have changed, some scenes play out differently as a result. Might just be a movie, though I get the feeling it's trying to be a series also.

Tamin on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    joshua1 wrote: »
    Ugh..... my sister bought me some sushi for lunch...... why did I feel compelled to eat that angus beef cheese and bacon pie from 7-11?

I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but maybe you should avoid sushi from the Gas 'N Go.

They came free with the fill-up. What am I supposed to do, throw it away?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They're movie remakes of the original series.

They appear to be much better than the original series.

Less emo.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I am on a horse.

There's a man riding a horse on top of my chest.

I don't know if I should assume this is a RDR reference, or just hope it is.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Evangelion 2.22 is the best : D

There should be an Evangelion thread : D

Frosteey on
This discussion has been closed.