As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What are the odds of pregnancy?

2»

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And before you have sex again make sure you guys are on the same page: you're both ready, you're using protection and if an accident were to occur what's the next step (Is she totally against abortion when you have no intention of having a child, or vice versa? If so, I'd think twice about banging her.)

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    HotTunaHotTuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, in VA, an abortion=$320, but that's inside the first three months(injection in the ass style), and it still defsies sucks for the girl, lots of puke, prolly a srange, vaguely human-looking thing in the toilet. The surgery is MUCH worse. No one will be hapy after that.

As far as I know, the only %100 chance of not a kid is keeping $320 in your wallet. Everyone is right about no birth-control being fool-proof.

That being said, if she's had her period, u are in the clear, drink a beer, move on. But u definetly need to have to have the abortion convo with her and make sure she knows just how sucky it will be (Please do this, if u care for the girl, or yourself, or humanity at all- I'm not saying it's wrong, but u do need full disclosure here) before u enter that space again, if ever.

HotTuna on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You go in-clinic for the procedure or you get a pill, where are you getting an injection in the ass from? Also, if 10 weeks the fetus is less than 2" in size. If less than 10 weeks it's not even a fetus yet.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, they gave her pills as well, but she also got a big shot in her ass (Va Beach, VA- a clinic, full of protesters and sh**), and the thing that came out of her had an arm on it, like twitching and screaming style.

It was very small, like about 2" in, but it was totally there.

Just saying, u should be prepared for the worst.

HotTuna on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, they gave her pills as well, but she also got a big shot in her ass (Va Beach, VA- a clinic, full of protesters and sh**), and the thing that came out of her had an arm on it, like twitching and screaming style.

It was very small, like about 2" in, but it was totally there.

Just saying, u should be prepared for the worst.

HotTuna on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, don't get me wrong, I'm all about abortions. My only two political stances are 1. More abortions for more people, and 2. Cheaper cigarettes.

I just think we should have full knowledge of what we're doing.

HotTuna on
  • Options
    LieberkuhnLieberkuhn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Morale of the story, don't be stupid like we were. Wrap it up. Hell, double bag it if you want. I heard some lady got pregnant, and she didn't even have sex!

Don't do this. It actually makes it more likely you'll spring a leak.

Huh, I never thought this was a serious enough suggestion that someone, somewhere, would know what happens.

Yes, some people do that. It's an ostensibly good idea, but actually the two condoms would rub against each other and the friction would end up tearing them.

Everyone should know that. The more informed you are about contraceptives the better equipped you are to avoid stupid mistakes.

Lieberkuhn on
    While you eat, let's have a conversation about the nature of consent.
  • Options
    FagatronFagatron Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    She probably refused the morning after pill because it's really fucking bad for you.

That coupled with the lack of jizz, length of duration, and the fact that she was probably already a week past ovulation; why put her body through the undue stress?

Fagatron on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fagatron wrote: »
    She probably refused the morning after pill because it's really fucking bad for you.

That coupled with the lack of jizz, length of duration, and the fact that she was probably already a week past ovulation; why put her body through the undue stress?

Because a few days of feeling a bit ill is better than a nine-month long pregnancy, twenty-four hours of ungodly pain and 18 years of costly, exhausting child-rearing?

Lieberkuhn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because a few days of feeling a bit ill is better than a nine-month long pregnancy, twenty-four hours of ungodly pain and 18 years of costly, exhausting child-rearing?

No, but you guy's are freaking out about this like he has egg seeking teleporting sperm, capable of slipping between the normal dimensions of space, randomly appearing in her ovaries and fertilizing her before her eggs have even been deposited in her uterus.

It was right before her period and there was probably no sperm anyway, dang.

If I was a lady and a dude was freaking out about this I would think he was neurotic.

Fagatron on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If she was this close to her period then the egg probably was in or near her uterus. Fertilisation usually occours near the ovary end of the fallopian tube, and by the time an unfertilised egg has reached the uterus, it and the uterine lining are usually too decrepit to result in pregnancy. Key word: usually.

Just because chances are low does not mean the chance is zero, and you'd be a very silly goose indeed to ignore that. Pregnancy is just so not a risk you want to take chances with.

Lieberkuhn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You and I are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

I feel like the odds of me knocking my girlfriend up every time we have unprotected sex (she is on birth control) is more likely than his girlfriend getting pregnant in this instance.

You also seem to view pregnancy as more of an awful thing than I do though so there is that.

Fagatron on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's true, I hate kids.

Still. I feel that taking the "when in doubt, take the morning after pill" route is a sensible course of action.

Lieberkuhn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I just don't really see the "doubt" in this situation.

Fagatron on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Unless she was menstruating during or immediately after sex, there's always doubt.

If you're happy to take the risk because you feel the odds are too low then that's cool, but convincing yourself the odds are zero because you want to take the risk is not.

Lieberkuhn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And if the really short odds actually do manifest then anyone who's okay with the morning after pill is probably going to be okay with an abortion.

I just don't like how people in this thread are treating the morning after pill like Pez.

Fagatron on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I actually know a couple of people who are ok with Plan B but not with abortion.

And nobody is treating Plan B like it's Pez. Damn near every post in this thread besides yours has talked about condom use and regular birth control, with Plan B as a "just in case in this instance since you were stupid enough to do stuff without protection" option.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fagatron wrote: »
    And if the really short odds actually do manifest then anyone who's okay with the morning after pill is probably going to be okay with an abortion.

Don't be silly. An abortion is a much nastier procedure, preferably avoided regardless of moral issues.

CelestialBadger on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, you just feel ill for a couple of days after Plan B. Depending on the procedure it can take 3 or more weeks to fully heal up from an abortion. Never mind the social stigma being worse.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I see a bunch of people suggesting she take Plan B for something that is in all likelihood a non-issue.

If it becomes an issue there is always the option of an abortion, otherwise why make yourself sick?

EDIT: What I am saying is that if I was the OP and she did end up pregnant I would ask for a paternity test.

Fagatron on
  • Options
    Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, this issue is kinda resolved, so I'd say this thread could be locked now

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Toxin01 wrote: »
    Well, she started her period today. So I guess that crisis is averted. Now I'd like to know how to go about telling someone you don't want to have sex with them for a while. Being a guy, I feel like thats rather strange of me, but I'd imagine I should just make a new thread for that.

You know how much fun you can have doing other things that don't involve your genitals meeting, right?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop