As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX] Anyone for Dr. Q?

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wouldn't it just be a better idea to go for merits when trying to acquire lotgs? Unless you're some kind of lazy rich dude.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They still go for 100 millionish.

Lep on
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, i'd just be merit farming to get them myself.

Weekends they still go for 150m-ish crafted, so the market is still there for sure. Figures there's about 50-60ish L25s up at a given time on the market, and most of those are probably listed high...and worst case if they don't sell, I have extra LOTGs for my own chars, so why not :)

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I was thinking about slapping together a Lord Recluse's Strike Force tomorrow evening, say 6 or 7 PM EST. Would peeps be down for that? That Freedom Phalanx isn't going to beat up itself. emot-colbert.gif

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They will if you confuse them enough.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The worst part about I19 is that all the alts I make won't stop being played at 8 or 9.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

However as soon as it hits Archery/Cold Corrupter gogo

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    So I was thinking about slapping together a Lord Recluse's Strike Force tomorrow evening, say 6 or 7 PM EST. Would peeps be down for that? That Freedom Phalanx isn't going to beat up itself. emot-colbert.gif

my corruptor needs levels, but you might want to move it a little later for us westies

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010

my corruptor needs levels, but you might want to move it a little later for us westies

I can do later. I can't do a midnight. How is 9 or 10 PM?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Works for me.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so looking at elec control

am I dumb for wanting to pair it with fire assault on a dominator? It seems like the dots might cause problems with the sleep/confuse.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's alright, sleep is pretty effective, confuse jumps a bit slow. It's not really that bad though with fire. <---Has a elec/fire

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thanks to Kay C for helping me get my Brute just that little bit closer to getting to 20 and out of Praetoria.
    Also for helping me see that my main problem was I was trying to tank on my Brute. I was level 17 and only had two actual attacks! A quick change to a second build, and I was now much better off with a full 7 attacks to choose from.
    The one thing I noticed though, is the attacks have REALLY lengthy animations. This seems almost counter-intuitive to the Brutes main point of "Build Rage. Kill Things." but maybe it was just me.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You're welcome, Wex! Some of those missions with the half-HP enemies and just so many MORE of them were pretty epic, as was trying to steal that cybernetic brain for Neuron, having the case blow up, and then just picking up the closest alternate brain and booking it. Praetoria's got some really nice mission design and writing.

I think that Kinetic Melee just -seems- longer than others 'cause the animations are so showy and visible through the whole animation time. Try comparing it to the other sets, purely going by the numbers, and see how it compares.

Honestly, the only two sets I've played that animate very quickly as a rule are Claws and Dark Melee (apart from Shadow Maul). It's interesting to note that in Claws, Spin has the longest animation, and yet Eviscerate is the attack I can't stand because it's 'too long'. It's how the animation is presented, as well as the length, I think.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I find I'm much more willing to tolerate a long-animating aoe attack than a similarly-animated ST one (narrow cone, whatever.) The payoff just seems more worth the wait.

Also the eviscerate animation isn't just long, it's silly

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The entire concept of Focus as a Claws attack is just silly.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also the eviscerate animation isn't just long, it's silly

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, I don't get off work until 10-11 est, so i'll have to pass for this one.

flammiebc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A pity. Still gonna shoot for 9 PM EST. Hopefully we'll be able to put something together :)

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2010
    How are you doing it? Shivan/Nuke/Veng rush or do you want to sleep them?

A duck! on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've been meaning to ask.
    I've got an Elec/Ice Blaster...is that combo good, bad, has it been good and is bad now, or vice versa?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Electric has been considered one of the worst blast sets as all the AoE is DoT, and it lacks a third strong single-target blast.

Ice Manipulation has the excellent Ice Patch, and good melee damage, and I think it also has Shiver, which is an excellent cone debuff.

Neither set is rated as highly as others, but you will rip through solo content without any trouble, so... not a problem! If you enjoy it, it's all good.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A duck! wrote: »

Sleep would probably be easier. Are either strictly necessary? I've never done LRSF before, which is the whole reason I'm so interested.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I've been meaning to ask.
    I've got an Elec/Ice Blaster...is that combo good, bad, has it been good and is bad now, or vice versa?

Yeah, that combo has nothing inherently terrible about it, it's just slanted more towards control and effects than raw damage. Definitely brings a decent array of abilities for a team, though now that electric control exists it's probably the superior option for end drain. But then that is its own topic....

Also thunderous blast is a targeted aoe nuke, so there is that going for it.

flammiebc on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2010

Sleep would probably be easier. Are either strictly necessary? I've never done LRSF before, which is the whole reason I'm so interested.

You have to either sleep them or shivan/venge. I'll bring my dom.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

You have to either sleep them or shivan/venge. I'll bring my dom.

Appreciated Duck :)

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Halloweenies
    http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=240952
    Halloween is coming!
    Heya folks,

I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately about Halloween in the City of Heroes this year, and while I can’t completely spill the beans quite yet (an official announcement is in the works), here’s what I can share at this time:
    Event Start: October 21st, 2010: 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time / 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time / 5:00 p.m. British Time / 18:00 Central European Time
    Event End: October 31st, 2010: 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time / 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time / 6:59 a.m. British Time / 7:59 Central European Time
    All previous Halloween Event features will be back
    A few new Tricks and Treats – like Costume Temp Powers and an NPC in Praetoria who will accept Halloween Salvage so Praetorians can unlock the Halloween Costume Slot easier.
    A new Halloween specific Tip Mission.
    And more!

I hope that helps you start looking forward to Old Hallow’s Eve. Be watching for the official Halloween Event Announcement!

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The entire concept of Focus as a Claws attack is just silly.

I think its just a direct rip from that old Avengers/Xmen Arcade game where Wolverine had a similar attack.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2010
    I guess my subscription ran out tonight. That is basically the best timing ever.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Welp, LRSF isn't working out tonight. And it's looking like doing one at a time that works for an East Coaster like me is going to be difficult period, but I'd like to try and reschedule for 10 PM EST Friday if at all possible. Maybe that'll work better for folks.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I might participate Friday with the reactivation. If you'll have me that is.

edit:

Well I need to see how my internet acts before then.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    so, how is kinetic melee?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

mediocre from what I have heard

not awful, but nothing great.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Killing aliens has never been so patriotic.

Good times tonight.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

I think the other thing I realized about my Brute having KM, is that it simply doesn't fit his character concept.
    If your guy is some sort of Far East Monk-like character, or a parody of Dragonball, or a D&D like Magic User that needs giant long Somatic Components to cast his spells, or anything where it makes sense for your guy to do all of these giant intricate arm waves simply to throw out some energy, Then you're golden.

But if you're simply talking Stats, then yea. Middle-Of-The-Road is perfect to describe it. Nothing special, nothing terrible.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The thing about KM is that it feels like it's balanced around Power Siphon being up A LOT. Power Siphon itself is an interesting mechanic, but hard to quantify, because each stack of the buff is on its own timer. Hitting something doesn't refresh the entire stack, so it's really really hard to keep up the requisite 5 stack to really get the benefit. Dunno if it's easier in the later game, but earlier on, the damage feels a little anemic without Power Siphon, and even then it's like an amplified game of Chase the Fury.

Might be a better set for scrappers, thanks to the t9 power refreshing Power Siphon, but even then, doesn't quite feel like it has the oomph it needs. It, much like DP and DB, seem more like novelty sets than the older, more fully fleshed-out sets.

Speaking of DB though, I am having fun with it. At first, it really grated on me, but now that I'm getting the hang of the combos and such, it's interesting. Not a top tier set, but certainly an interesting one to mess around with.

Can't really see doing it with any secondary other than WP though. Having to actually manage your survival while trying to keep track of combos and such sounds like a pain. Thankfully, WP is completely fire and forget, so you can focus totally on offense and forget you have things like hit points until you die.

Ender on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah there are a few sets that could use revisiting. Like Electric Blast. Elec Blast being crappy is 90% of the reason I won't play a Blaster.

If I can't obliterate things with the boundless power of Electricity then what good is it?!

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I was disappointed with Power Siphon once I realized it was a clickie (and on a long cooldown to boot), rather than a passive. Doesn't help that unslotted it lasts barely enough for you to build up a full stack and dish out a couple of good punches before it goes away again.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kinetic Melee is definitely one of those sets that they balanced around stupid amounts of recharge, that 'matures at higher levels'.

Then again, think about the brokeness of old Dark Melee, when you could perma Soul Drain easily, and it had no upper cap. That's what they're trying to avoid, but they're going about it the wrong way.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have they made Defenders not suck yet?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Have they made Defenders not suck yet?

Haha oh my no.

I have one but only because I hate myself.

Fiaryn on
This discussion has been closed.