As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX] Anyone for Dr. Q?

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huh, can't remember such a room. Then again, even with CoV's love affair with Arachnos I still never played the base level nearly as much as the fucking caves with the fucking Circle.

Glal on
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Which one? The two tiered prison one?

It's a vertical shaft (teehee shaft) that is probably 15-20 stories tall you enter into the room in about the middle. There are ramps and elevators, the ramps don't go to every level nor do the elevators. Mobs will roam around and drop down scattering themselves throughout the room.

The design of the room is pretty cool and shows that they could do some really awesome interior buildings without separating everything out into small maps, but it's a fucking awful room for defeat all or find the glowie.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh god, the room that's so huge you can't see all the way across it... ie, the "fuck Masterminds" room.

Glal on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Oh god, the room that's so huge you can't see all the way across it... ie, the "fuck Masterminds" room.

Yup, the one where it begs, BEGS for you to knock those enemies off the ledge all the way down...

Which unfortunately will end up pissing off your teammates due to the scattering - provided the fall guys survive. :(

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm aware that I'm rather late to this particular party, but new Positron is really fun. You should all try it. Even if it somehow manages to prelude something that's been known in game since Issue 8.

Also the 75 Month Vet Badge got announced, it's a permanent 10% bonus to earned prestige. Wooooo.

Narbus on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    GR beta for loyalty program people.

Lep on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    Narbus wrote: »
    Also the 75 Month Vet Badge got announced, it's a permanent 10% bonus to earned prestige. Wooooo.

Oh come on.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    At last, the long-term player poverty woes are over.

Glal on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well I'm sure the people who make one man SGs so they can build their own bases will be happy.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The vet rewards should be costume pieces, and they should get more and more ridiculous over time. The 100 month reward should be a ballerina costume for men.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The problem with adding costume pieces as vet rewards is that you're effectively punishing the rest of the rest of the playerbase by spending (severely limited) Paragon resources on a tiny fraction of the population.
    What they -should- do is unlock existing gender-specific pieces for vet accounts. I want the shoulder kitty on my male characters, damn it.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't think I would ever use the shoulder kitten on a male character but gender specific stuff like that and cigars for men have irked me since day one.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A duck! wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »

Oh come on.

Honestly the Vet Program has to be a giant headache for Paragon at this point. Especially with a goal of getting new subscribers with GR, having a bunch of new people logging in and demanding to know where in the chargen is the giant robot costume part, it'd piss a LOT of people off to hear "oh, just stay subbed for 5 and a half years."

Giving away dopey little rewards like this is really the best option they have.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok, so did anyone actually get a beta invitation? I'm pretty sure I should be qualifying under the loyalty program, but I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If we did get an invite we couldn't tell you, but no I didn't get one and I know some other people who should have and didn't.

Robziel on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    "If your account is currently inactive but you still wish to participate in the Closed Beta, we welcome you to reactivate your billing subscription on your game account and join us. You can find subscribing instructions in our Support Center at http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncsoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1730. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours from the time you reactivate your account for the change to be reflected on the Closed Beta server."

Beta as marketing tool, woo!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, so did anyone actually get a beta invitation? I'm pretty sure I should be qualifying under the loyalty program, but I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail.

You don't get an email, you just download and log in.

Edit: I guess you only get an email if you aren't subbed, then

Scooter on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scooter wrote: »

Yeah I got an email although I haven't had the chance to check it out.

Also hello guys! I've missed you all a lot.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Scooter wrote: »

Turns out I may or may not have gotten an email a couple hours later.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh hey really quick note:

The loyalty program is still closed beta. The NDA is still in effect. No spoilers in the thread.

Narbus on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    or narbus will tell positron, guys

he will email pos your account name and everything, honest

Pony on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll see if I can post some GR impressions later, though that requires that I first be arsed to download the beta client.

edit: going to take a while. launcher can't connect at all.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ghostalker wrote: »
    Yeah I got an email although I haven't had the chance to check it out.

Also hello guys! I've missed you all a lot.

Welcome back

Pony wrote: »

I know of at least one dev that reads this board, the likelihood that there are more than just him is pretty high.

Robziel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Someone PM an email address so you can get some free time when I resub.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh oh pick me

Robziel on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heh. Brutes are getting nerfed when GR goes live. Fury only goes up to 675% now (from 750), and it's harder to maintain full or near-full fury now.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tanks are getting buffed too, they probably want people to have a reason to play them.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pony wrote: »

Last time someone posted info from a City of- closed beta on these forums it was just screenshots of new weapons and their post got still deleted and they got infracted. I'm just trying to be polite.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Narbus with the double post!

Edit: heh.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2010
    I spent 15 bucks resubscribing and have comprehensively failed to play

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I just can't bring myself to get interested in this either, despite receiving several E-Mails to re-up because of this or that new feature. Too little, too late. Too many things were studiously ignored for too long.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2010
    The problem for me is starting a new character, like a demon summoner and then thinking "awesome! in ten hours playing this guy is going to rule!"

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Are you talking Red side? Because Blue side sucks for a lot more than 10 hours.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it sucks for... how long to cap again?

Glal on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hopefully the new 1-20 content will help with that problem. Although it is a lot better than it used to be, now that there's the low level scaling buff and whatnot.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Honestly if you can get someone *cough* to rush you to 15 (takes about 30-45 minutes) then blueside isn't quite as bad as it used to be. Positron is fun now, Faultline helps with the 15-25 stuff, the i17 arcs are really fun at 20-25, Croatoa til 35, then hop into RWZ and Rome and don't come out until you can run the Statesman Task Force.

Throw in a few extra TFs here and there, maybe pop into Striga for some nostalgia, and yeah.

Also getting someone to get you to 15 means you have a few powers available and that makes things roughly a billion times more fun. Someday I will find a game that doesn't punish you for starting a new character. Some day.

Narbus on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I swear I might be the only person who actually likes starting new characters in CoX.

Granted, it starts to get a bit painful around the teens, until you get Stamina, but 1-10 is my favorite part of the game. Characters feel at the same time very powerful (because you can kill quickly, even with a controller or defender) and very vulnerable (because it's easy to get overwhelmed and die). I think it's actually the best-balanced part of the game, overall. Obviously this varies by class, though; tankers, for example, kind of suck to start.

More powers are nice, definitely. That's what makes leveling worth it, but I think the balance sort of goes down the tubes for the 20-40 part of the game. Especially for controllers.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    FFFFFUUUUUUUU-

I forgot my PlayNC account password, and the challenge questions. I don't have any serials, because I bought my previous CoX accounts from the website, which I can't log in to.

I don't want to make a new account...

Hopefully the email that I sent them will be returned soon, and I can beg and offer oral sexing until they give me my password. =\

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, 1-10 is good fun (unless you're a Mastermind, in which case you just stand there and wait for your one pet with one attack to slowly kill shit). Teens suck, though less so now, and once you hit SOs it starts becoming fun again.
    Unless you're Defender, in which case everyone suddenly doubles in effectiveness and you just stand there and cry. Or, stick fingers in your ears and go "la la la, Defenders are fine as they are".

Glal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Making new alts is easy when you have 3 vet powers to start with. 8-)

Scooter on
This discussion has been closed.