As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New, Mighty and Secretly Dark Avenging (and Defending) Thread!

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah and there is good buzz about that. So there is a single arc of avengers that sucked and that was a tie-in. I know new avengers hasn't been going as well but the hate seems a little overdone.
    Well uh

he has been writing Avengers since Disassembled which was in 2004. So it isn't just the past year or so, it has been for almost a decade.

I like Bendis and have enjoyed a good portion of his run but the dude has had several bum arcs and needs to step off the titles

CYpGAPn.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    really? Huh. Could swear he started recently. My mistake.

EDIT- Upon reading up on things my confusion comes because I was thinking he started when the Avengers got renumbered.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    He is one of the two plotters for AvX, along with Jason Aaron, and is writing 3 or 4 of the issues

Following up on this, I really wish they'd had Hickman plot some of it. Because you know. Hickman.

I accidentally mistyped Fraction first, which just has me thinking: how cool an event would this be if Fraction and Hickman were masterminding it?

huntresssig.jpg
    also I am totally going to put together a new OP for this thread when I get to class

you have been warned

huntresssig.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Secret Avengers #22 was a good issue, much better than 21.1. Better pacing, more compact storytelling, Clint's didn't feel as regressed as 21.1.

Only two things:
    -Ray Palmer already beat Pym in terms of miniature HQ, so to me it didn't have the wow factor the scene tried to convey
    -Hardman drew Beast with five fingers, and this keeps happening more and more with artists

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    So Arivia where is my new thread huh

Where

WHERE

I have been busy with class today

it is being very annoying I am sorry

so it will probably be tomorrow unless you want the Avengers of Reconceiving Pregnancy and Childcare, including Maternal Instinct Danny Rand

huntresssig.jpg
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

But what if we do?

but

Danny Rand would have a Paternal instinct!

CYpGAPn.png
    well, to be honest, Maternal Instinct Danny Rand is pretty cool

but the pack-in of Postpartum Depression Rulk is kinda weird

huntresssig.jpg
    Blankzilla wrote:
    but

Danny Rand would have a Paternal instinct!

no

no he wouldn't

you have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes, blank

no idea at all

huntresssig.jpg
    but

but

my brain

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote:
    but

but

my brain

you want to know the funny thing? this is the easy, starter textbook for this course

this is the stuff I study

this is the stuff I do

I am the Stephen Strange of gender

smelling performativity on the wind, casting the eye of Jaggaramotto wherever I go

huntresssig.jpg
    A) Danny Rand channels masculine flame and feminine fluidity, it said so in the Immortal Iron Fist book

B) An upcoming Avengers issue links Danny to the Phoenix Force, and in Chinese mythology the Phoenix is a symbol of femininity, the counterpart to the masculine dragon, so that would be relevant.

Basically what I am saying is you have no excuse

Now tell me how Steve Rogers would deliver a baby

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    smelling performativity on the wind, casting the eye of Jaggaramotto wherever I go

jager-amaretto whatsit?

steve rogers would deliver a baby by gently piping god bless america at the birthing room and encouraging the mother to push on the trumpet trills

the kid would come out, he would cut the umbilical with a Bowie knife, hand it a tiny flag, then pass it to the mother

the kid would be like achilles, but its weakness would be being frozen in ice

huntresssig.jpg
    Arryn wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

jager-amaretto whatsit?

http://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=alison+jaggar&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=QjE0T_GdCM_fgge4t9SKAg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Agamotto

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote:
    steve rogers would deliver a baby by gently piping god bless america at the birthing room and encouraging the mother to push on the trumpet trills

the kid would come out, he would cut the umbilical with a Bowie knife, hand it a tiny flag, then pass it to the mother

USA! USA! USA!

Solar wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

USA! USA! USA!

also the baby's name was marcus johnston

huntresssig.jpg
    Excuse me

Marcus is looking like Fury's kid

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Excuse me

Marcus is looking like Fury's kid

it's all america to me

huntresssig.jpg
    1328823040.jpg
    Yeah looks like Hope says FUCK OFF to everyone

CYpGAPn.png
    I am interested to see what they will do with Hope

see personally I would turn her into a villain

Not a Dark Phoenix crazy person villain, just someone who is staggeringly ruthless and will do whatever she feels is necessary to do the right thing, which often involves the greater good in a kind of "killing a thousand to make the lives of millions better" way that the Avengers and X-Men should really be pretty against. The kind of villain who maybe has a point, but is a real jerk about it. In a good way though. It'd be tough to pull off but it could work.

I think she has a lot of potential though, so I am interested in seeing her future.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Hope needs to go live on Jupiter with Nate Grey and make super mutant space babies and fight Thanos.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Huh, thought Brubaker was writing issues 3 and 4. Not that I'm complaining.

So if Fraction is issue 5 and they keep the same rotation for 6-10, that means Aaron pens the final issue.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Hensler wrote:
    Hope needs to go live on Jupiter with Nate Grey and make super mutant space babies and fight Thanos.

I probably wouldn't complain too much if they did that either

Especially the fighting Thanos bit

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    I am interested to see what they will do with Hope

see personally I would turn her into a villain

Not a Dark Phoenix crazy person villain, just someone who is staggeringly ruthless and will do whatever she feels is necessary to do the right thing, which often involves the greater good in a kind of "killing a thousand to make the lives of millions better" way that the Avengers and X-Men should really be pretty against. The kind of villain who maybe has a point, but is a real jerk about it. In a good way though. It'd be tough to pull off but it could work.

I think she has a lot of potential though, so I am interested in seeing her future.

Except they're all read to kill Hope right now, so it's not that different.

Cause this has worked out for them before. (House of M)

I seem to remember Cyclops being the one saying it wasn't a good idea then too.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    So did most of Hope's character development occur in X-Men Legacy?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    More in Generation Hope, really. In Uncanny she just follows orders to achieve Cyclops' goal.

She's still a character Marvel could kill off and I'd have no problem with it at all, I've got more emotional attachment to those Moloid kids in FF.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I forgot that there was an entire book dedicated to her.

I generally only pay attention to the side of the X-Men that's full of snikts and bubs, so I've completely missed out on Hope's character development. Since she's becoming a big deal now, though, I figured I might as well read up on her.

edited February 2012
    To be fair, those Moloid kids in FF are pretty cool

I would be sad if they died

Also where is my new fucking thread @Arivia

Solar on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    can't make a new thread til this one closes

But this thread is one page 100! We should stop talking here and start a new one!

If that is the rule, however, that is the rule

I'll let you off the hook then Arivia. This time.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    NEWAVN2010026_02.jpg
    NEW AVENGERS #26
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • MIKE DEODATO (a/c)
    • AVX TIE-IN!
    • The secret history of the Phoenix is revealed in K’un Lun’s book of the dead Iron Fists. One of the most important chapters in the AVX story.
    • What is Danny Rand’s secret connection to the Phoenix?
    32PGS./Rated T ...$3.9-

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Wooooooooo

WOOOOOO I SAY

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

• What is Danny Rand’s secret connection to the Phoenix?
    Phoenix Uppercut!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    IRON FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

TRAITOR

KILL HER

FINISH HER

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    How old is Hope

Can she and Danny kiss?

This is important
    For, uh, science!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    If Iron Fist does not do some special mystical Phoenix-style Kung Fu at some point with flames and all that

Then I will be very sad

Turambar wrote:
    How old is Hope

Can she and Danny kiss?

This is important
    For, uh, science!

Hope is like, sixteen

Danny is at least thirty-three