Options

The New, Mighty and Secretly Dark Avenging (and Defending) Thread!

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ghost Rider penance stared Galactus

I think everyone has fucked up Galactus at this point. Not saying Ghost Rider isn't awesome, just saying that's not really an accurate yardstick for who is awesome.

There are no bad Ghost Rider movies

And the poor sales are because most people ain't able to deal with Ghost Rider

He is

too hot to handle

I read all of your posts as David Caruso in my head. Am I doing it right?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That is one way to read them, yes

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, Ghost Rider did it on the old Fantastic Four cartoon

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How does Penance Staring a cosmic force of nature even work?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How does Penance Staring a cosmic force of nature even work?

He penance stares all skeptics until the collective unconscious of the entire marvel universe accepts that it's possible, which in turn makes it physically work.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Galactus feels guilty over not sticking to his diet.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, Marvel's got a lot of cool shit coming out in September. And I suspect Taskmaster fans are going to be very happy.

Munch on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is he finally ditching his old costume

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No, but Jefte Palo (Black Panther: Secret Invasion, Doctor Voodoo) is drawing him in his old one. If anyone can make his skull mask look cool and creepy, it's that dude.

Munch on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You'd think that trying to distance himself from his role in the Osborn regime would be the perfect excuse to finally ditch that silly costume.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Taskmaster should rip off Mr. Terrific's look, and on the back of the jacket it says "I'm the best"

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Man, Marvel's got a lot of cool shit coming out in September. And I suspect Taskmaster fans are going to be very happy.

Shit, that is a lot of cool looking stuff.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Taskmaster should rip off Mr. Terrific's look, and on the back of the jacket it says "I'm the best"
    And then further down, "-- around, nothing's ever gonna keep me down."

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    munch that would just make the jacket too busy

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TLB: FASHION CONSCIOUS.

True enough to be the top of the page.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I am the manliest fashionista

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's not saying much though...

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Solar's clearly never heard of Rockcock McFuckpunch, the fashion columnist for Gentleman's Quarterly.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Solar's clearly never heard of Rockcock McFuckpunch, the fashion columnist for Gentleman's Quarterly.

My lack of knowledge shames me and my ancestors.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think it is hari kiri time for you solar

(dibs on all your stuff)

((well, the stuff that doesn't get all the nerd blood on it))

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll be careful to make sure that all my Iron Fist trades are untouched by arterial spray.

Take good care of them for me my friend, maybe in heaven he has an ongoing series where he fights cosmic wonders with Nova...

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Solar wrote: »

You can always make it up to them by dying in battle. Ancestors love that shit.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

Damn, that's true.

Somebody point me towards the nearest battle please.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Damn, that's true.

Somebody point me towards the nearest battle please.

If Afghanistan is too far for you there's always This thread.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'd rather go to Afghanistan.

But something more personal if it's at all possible. If anyone has any deadly enemies outstanding give me their contact info, and I'll get right onto killing them with swords.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

But something more personal if it's at all possible. If anyone has any deadly enemies outstanding give me their contact info, and I'll get right onto killing them with swords.

No no, you have to die. I mean, I guess it can be double ko style, but that's hard to pull off.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

No no, you have to die. I mean, I guess it can be double ko style, but that's hard to pull off.

I think if he kills 100 dishonest men he purges his family honour and doesn't have to die. Though we may have to stop his heart for a minute before shocking him back to life if he wants the achievement points.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    nope

he has to die

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Of course I have to die, it wouldn't be much of a heroic death if I lived would it?The plan is to burst in and kill the bodyguards while shaky gunfire wounds me greviously. With a final effot I'm gonna take out the baddie and then die in the arms of a weeping woman.

It's gonna be awesome.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Of course I have to die, it wouldn't be much of a heroic death if I lived would it?The plan is to burst in and kill the bodyguards while shaky gunfire wounds me greviously. With a final effot I'm gonna take out the baddie and then die in the arms of a weeping woman.

It's gonna be awesome.

Sounds doable. I can't help though, none of my enemies are currently badass enough to have henchmen.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

It's gonna be awesome.

LastStandoftheWreckers4-blazeofglory.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just started re-reading the entire Siege story (though I'll proabaly skip the Dark Wolverine stuff) and something I read in Dark Avengers #13 interested me. Spoiled just in case...
    When the Sentry was trying to kill himself by flying into the sun, the Void was saying it wouldn't work because Bob didn't "want it enough".

That put's a little more perspective into the Sentry's fate in Siege I'd say.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »

It's gonna be awesome.
    LastStandoftheWreckers4-blazeofglory.jpg

Exactly. He knows where it's at.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wasn't really down with The New Avengers #1 (I guess the "The" is what differentiates it from the previous series), decent dialogue but the magic stuff I could care less about and Cage really isn't syncing up with his T-Bolts role since he seems to be leader here and in T-Bolts, and having Jessica and the baby at Avengers Mansion which has just as much if not more potential for being attacked than the Raft does doesn't make sense.

Also, Cage seems to have gotten a power upgrade and is a dick (and we have a new note to use ala the CW "Dammit, Steve" meme):

na1a.jpg

Art is perfect, though. Immonen's got his facial expressions down to a Kevin MacGuire level

TexiKen on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah NA 1 just didn't click with me either. I'm pretty sure I'm dropping this and just sticking with Avengers and maybe Secret Avengers.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Even the joke about Wolverine being on all these teams compared to Thing and Cage (it's his mutant power don't tell anyone) wasn't even that funny, it was one of those "yeah we know he's on every team here's a wink wink meta joke we're too lazy to really fix that perception"

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    New Avengers and Avengers are books I really wish I could read

They both have artists and/or characters I adore

But goddamn Bendis

cut this bullshit out

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Wasn't really down with The New Avengers #1 (I guess the "The" is what differentiates it from the previous series), decent dialogue but the magic stuff I could care less about and Cage really isn't syncing up with his T-Bolts role since he seems to be leader here and in T-Bolts, and having Jessica and the baby at Avengers Mansion which has just as much if not more potential for being attacked than the Raft does doesn't make sense.

Also, Cage seems to have gotten a power upgrade and is a dick (and we have a new note to use ala the CW "Dammit, Steve" meme):

na1a.jpg

Art is perfect, though. Immonen's got his facial expressions down to a Kevin MacGuire level

I think you have to be Hulk level to get that kind of force in the air. Fuck off cage.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I forgot New Avengers was still being published.

Hand should be on Secret Avengers too, since they're black ops and she has that certain degree of moral flexibility.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like Bendis, I just don't care for this story line, maybe I'll pick it back up after this arc is over

smokmnky on