Options

The New, Mighty and Secretly Dark Avenging (and Defending) Thread!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I forgot New Avengers was still being published.

Hand should be on Secret Avengers too, since they're black ops and she has that certain degree of moral flexibility.

It's not New Avengers, its' The New Avengers now.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bendis has the ability to tell really good stories with:

1. characters no one else is currently writing

2. characters that have very little salvageable backstory

3. characters no one cares about

4. that don't have repercussions on anything else at all

5. characters he created

the second he ventures away from this, it gets bad, fast

so his avengers stuff, his big events, etc are all crap

but daredevil, ultimate spider-man, powers, sam and twitch, and jinx are all good

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    and despite meeting a lot of the criteria, he still ain't never gonna make Spider-Woman interesting

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I enjoyed Siege, SI was good in parts and I liked House of M. Also from your list you left off Alias, but it's cool I know you're going to hate, carry on

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    His new gal pal is Mockingbrid.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I left off Alias becuase I ain't read it yet!

Also Torso, which is supposed to be really good

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, Cage may have got an upgrade but he aint no Iron Fist and Bendis always short-sells Iron Fist. It is one of his critical flaws.

Solar on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Also, Cage may have got an upgrade but he aint no Iron Fist and Bendis always short-sells Iron Fist. It is one of his critical flaws.

He's been talking up Danny a lot though. I think he's going to get to bust out pretty soon. Also remember when he punched the f'n helicarrier?

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »

He's been talking up Danny a lot though. I think he's going to get to bust out pretty soon. Also remember when he punched the f'n helicarrier?

I do, that was cool. But it just kinda sucked before that bearing in mind that in his own series Danny got the power boost of the century ("I am peak human and hit people really hard" became "I can withstand city destroying bombs, blow up walls with my mind and catch bullets") So hopefully that will come up a little more. Also him actually getting some dialogue and characterisation other than Luke Cage Luke Cage all the time Luke Cage would be nice.

Solar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    To be fair, Hand deserves everything they throw at her.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Why?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Her rationale in TNA #1 (ha!) made sense, and I can see trying to be the person who tries to keep the crazy guy focused on the right problems.

And all Hand needs is to run into USAgent and despite being a lesbian they become a couple and it's a relationship built on saving the day and being a jerk to the other loser heroes. Stuart Immonen will still draw it because really this art is even better than his USM or Nextwave stuff.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Texiken that is a deceptive post

Who wouldn't benefit from having USAgent in their lives?

Other than, you know, communists.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    USAgent and turn a gay girl straight, and doesn't even need all of his limbs to do so.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Texiken that is a deceptive post

Who wouldn't benefit from having USAgent in their lives?

Other than, you know, communists.

Answer: Right winger and Left winger, because all Walker would do is have them be blown up again and again. Also the Watchdogs.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »

Her rationale in TNA #1 (ha!) made sense, and I can see trying to be the person who tries to keep the crazy guy focused on the right problems.

And all Hand needs is to run into USAgent and despite being a lesbian they become a couple and it's a relationship built on saving the day and being a jerk to the other loser heroes. Stuart Immonen will still draw it because really this art is even better than his USM or Nextwave stuff.

It makes sense until you realize that none of the characters were under control at any time.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sentry was until that one time. Or that other one.

You're right, I just like Hand telling the heroes to get off their high horse and to quit acting like they never go off the reservation sometimes. Wolverine is on the team, the brah who went on a nonstop killing spree of heroes and SHIELD agents a few years back.

And Osborn finds Cage's kid and he doesn't say thank you, and he gets his heart taken care of by Osborn and he never thanked him (that's why they installed that bomb in there, it would have been deactivated if he just said "thanks")

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Now imagine what it would have been like without Hand there.

And Hand and Jessica will finish their hostilities with a big lesbian session that drives Cage over the edge and he becomes the main villain of Secret InCagesion which reveals his baby really is a Skrull.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What is the baby's name?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blackenstein Blackula Cage. III

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

And Hand and Jessica will finish their hostilities with a big lesbian session that drives Cage over the edge and he becomes the main villain of Secret InCagesion which reveals his baby really is a Skrull.

Pretty much the same. It was Osborn that was in what control there was. Hand was absolutely nothing, except a traitor. She may have had a point about heroes fucking up, but she made it in just about the least effective way possible.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Pretty much the same. It was Osborn that was in what control there was. Hand was absolutely nothing, except a traitor. She may have had a point about heroes fucking up, but she made it in just about the least effective way possible.

Did you not see her keeping Osborns mental state in check? He would have gone off the rails a lot sooner if not for her intervention and she brought a lot of the DA's misdeeds to his attention. Shes also helped stop Molecule Man destroying everything.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Did you not see her keeping Osborns mental state in check? He would have gone off the rails a lot sooner if not for her intervention and she brought a lot of the DA's misdeeds to his attention. Shes also helped stop Molecule Man destroying everything.

No, I didn't. She had zero actual affect, as far as I could tell. And Osborn was not a fucking moron, so he would've known about that shit anyway.

It would've been nice if he had gone nutty before he had so much influence over the Void. Which is ironic considering her beef with heroes. She fucked up even worse than they ever did or will.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What is the baby's name?

Danielle.

Furu on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TLB I thought you hadn't read Ultimate Spider-Man yet

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dude the Heroes let Sentry go on operating for yearsssss. Stark went and used him as a nuke to throw at Hulk. The heroes are the biggest fuck ups in the MU right now, Doom is less dickish.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    TLB I thought you hadn't read Ultimate Spider-Man yet

I've read enough scans to know it is really good as well as the first trade a little bit ago.

I'm just too incredibly lazy to pick it all up at any point in time.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I have another idea, Hand and Walker cruise New York for chicks in a daring five-part mini! They both are eachother's wingman AND they fight crime.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have no objection to that.

And then they fight villainesses and then sex them up. Gypsy Moth, Black Mamba, Joystick, 'sall good.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I have another idea, Hand and Walker cruise New York for chicks in a daring five-part mini! They both are eachother's wingman AND they fight crime.

I would read this.

Not even ironically like Texican would.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dude the Heroes let Sentry go on operating for yearsssss. Stark went and used him as a nuke to throw at Hulk. The heroes are the biggest fuck ups in the MU right now, Doom is less dickish.

I'd more say that the pro-reg guys were the ones who fucked that up, but honestly the whole thing with the Sentry was almost calculated to make things get worse for him. When Carol asked him why Rob was with Norman back in Dark Avengers #1 I half expected him to say "because he at least talks to me and tries to give me help! Unlike you fucks who just left me in my tower and used me as a WMD!"

Solar on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wasn't really down with The New Avengers #1 (I guess the "The" is what differentiates it from the previous series), decent dialogue but the magic stuff I could care less about and Cage really isn't syncing up with his T-Bolts role since he seems to be leader here and in T-Bolts, and having Jessica and the baby at Avengers Mansion which has just as much if not more potential for being attacked than the Raft does doesn't make sense.

Also, Cage seems to have gotten a power upgrade and is a dick (and we have a new note to use ala the CW "Dammit, Steve" meme):

na1a.jpg

Art is perfect, though. Immonen's got his facial expressions down to a Kevin MacGuire level

I think you have to be Hulk level to get that kind of force in the air. Fuck off cage.

What's really stupid about that is the thunderclap is omnidirectional, and Cage's wife and baby are standing right next to him.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Naaaah, they're behind him.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So Cage also has MK's Jax powers, minus bionic arms.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ringo wrote: »

I would read this.

Not even ironically like Texican would.

Oh yeah well USAgent and Sabra should totally hook up, God that would be an even bigger power couple than Reed and Sue.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So the USAgent popped up in the Thunderbolts book. That's awesome, right?

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So the USAgent popped up in the Thunderbolts book. That's awesome, right?

I'm pretty sure that's awesome, yeah.

Solar on
  • Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Definitely awesome. Kinda pissed he refused cybernetic upgrades, but that also kinda makes him more bad ass. I'm really coming around to the Walker way of thinking.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I would accept cybernetic limbs so fast. I really don't understand the point behind him being so full of pride that he wouldn't want to harder/better/faster/stronger.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If it's for America and stuff why wouldn't he accept them?! How's he gonna fight of another spear attack with a two pronged claw hand?

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg