Options

The New, Mighty and Secretly Dark Avenging (and Defending) Thread!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Busiek is good but I think Bendis will know just how to hit the right emotional notes for a story like that.

Wait has it been established that Peter remembers his marriage? Cause if he does that's a shame since I know Bendis would make the scene with him remembering everything so epic.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Sigh, They're not bringing back the marriage.
    dealwithit.gif

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I hate everyone who mentions OMD.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    But we love you Crimson!

Anyways! Now I think all these promo images aren't going to be the real fights in versus, if Thing is fighting Colossusnaut below:

AvX_SpiderWomanGambit.jpg

AvX_ColossusThing.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Has anyone figured out how long the "VS" sister series is? 6 or 12 issues?

• Options
    6 issues, two fights per issue.

• Options
    Good, less money to spend.

I'm still anxious about books like Cap, Thor, IIM, and Hulk tieing in though. Guess we'll find out when the April 2012 solicits come out.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Colossusnaught is much stronger than Ben, I think, but Ben has heart.

The ever-lovin' blue eyed Thing, idol o' millions, aunt petunia's favourite boy, don't give up to no pansy commie in a funny hat.

Spider-Woman and Gambit is a good set-up.

Also I support Tex as regards to Spider-Man. He doesn't like the post-OMD direction (which is still there), so he is voting with his wallet to let Marvel know that. He's missing out on some good comics, and aware of that, but there's nothing wrong with making a stand as a consumer.

Solar on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Also I support Tex as regards to Spider-Man. He doesn't like the post-OMD direction (which is still there), so he is voting with his wallet to let Marvel know that. He's missing out on some good comics, and aware of that, but there's nothing wrong with making a stand as a consumer.

Man, I tried to read post-OMD Spider-Man, and I just couldn't. It literally made me queasy to see Peter and Mary Jane fucking other people. It was like watching two old friends go through a break-up.

And then one old friend dates a violent movie star with a goatee, and the other has sex with a vigilante while telling her not to look at his face.

It made me so deeply uncomfortable, that I just didn't want to read it anymore. It's incredibly rare that a comic actually causes feelings of physical revulsion in me, but there you go. I think Identity Crisis and Countdown to Infinite Crisis are the only other two to actually manage it.

That said, I'll still read the stuff that doesn't have all the relationship drama stuff, like Avenging Spider-Man. And I'm reading the Daredevil cross-over, just because it's Waid and Rios, and also doesn't have a huge focus on the relationship stuff.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Peter Parker and MJ should be married, really. They just should. It happened and it was great and moved forward the characters and the situation and some people (looking at you Quesada) need to get over that. You are right, it does feel weird to see either of them with other people, as well as feeling kind of miserable as well. They were together and now they are not and that is sad. And let's be honest, Carly is no MJ.

But I am reasonably confident that one day it will be back. And when it comes back, I will cheer to the heavens.

Solar on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Well uh one of the inciting events for Peter's status in the DD crossover is his breakup with Carlie, so...

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    My wishlist for Spider-Man

a) Gets back together with MJ
    b) Punches Mephisto in the face
    c) Marriage is restored like it should be

• Options
    I would bet (neither one is going to happen either way though), but if MJ and Peter were going to be married again it would be for the "first time", not "restoring"

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    This thing is making me realize I probably need to stuff the bf in a spider-suit and go to a con as MJ one of these days.

Then make out front row in front of Quesada.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    This thing is making me realize I probably need to stuff the bf in a spider-suit and go to a con as MJ one of these days.

Then make out front row in front of Quesada.

Do iiiiiit.

Then when he nervously asks you to stop scream "HOMEWRECKER!" at him and then pelt him with various bits of Spider-Man merchandise.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    And then smoke.....candy cigarettes.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:
    And then smoke.....candy cigarettes.

yesssss

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Exemplary.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Busiek is good but I think Bendis will know just how to hit the right emotional notes for a story like that.

Wait has it been established that Peter remembers his marriage? Cause if he does that's a shame since I know Bendis would make the scene with him remembering everything so epic.

Is this wishful thinking or are there rumors of Bendis writing 616 Spidey?

Having him write both Ultimate and 616 would be weird, but I'm curious what an adult Peter would be like under Bendis.

EDIT: Also, I'm glad I had stopped reading Spidey before OMD. Big Time brought me back and I really been loving it since then. I don't miss the marriage (as stupid idea as it was to undo it) but won't mind if they ever bring it back. I do like Carlie though.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I don't think I'd like it one bit.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Kyougu wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

Is this wishful thinking or are there rumors of Bendis writing 616 Spidey?

Having him write both Ultimate and 616 would be weird, but I'm curious what an adult Peter would be like under Bendis.

Just wishfull thinking on my part but it's possible he could write ASM later this year or early next. Hell right now he's only writing Avengers, New Avengers, Brilliant, Powers, Moon Knight, and Ultimate Spider-man, he can handle another title.

Actually I think Bendis would be perfect on Avenging Spider-man.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Huh. When was the New Avengers Annual? I missed that, I wonder if I can still pick up a copy.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    New Avengers Annual was 6 months ago. The Avengers Annual shipped last week.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Pretty stupid for a two-part story honestly, how long the delay was between the parts.

They were both set pre Fear Itself, as well.

I wonder if Bendis will even come back to it before his run ends. Unless the Revengers show up to side with the X-Men and deal a blow to the Avengers something fierce, then I can't even see it ever getting resolved.

• Options
    HadjiQuest wrote:
    Pretty stupid for a two-part story honestly, how long the delay was between the parts.

They were both set pre Fear Itself, as well.

I wonder if Bendis will even come back to it before his run ends. Unless the Revengers show up to side with the X-Men and deal a blow to the Avengers something fierce, then I can't even see it ever getting resolved.

That seems like it might happen, actually

and then Wolverine's people turn up on the Avengers side and we get a ROYAL RUMBLE!

• Options
    avxhawkeyecyclops.jpg

Point goes to Cyclops.

• Options
    Why Clint and not Steve? unless Prof X. is going to suddenly reappear or something.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    Why Clint and not Steve? unless Prof X. is going to suddenly reappear or something.

Cap vs. Wolverine

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Cap vs. Wolverine

Eww. Steve vs Cyclops and then Clint vs Wolverine - in a drinking contest.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Speak of the devil:

4f10427a9056e.jpg

edit:
    It looks like that terrible Ms. Marvel v Rogue cover was actually done by Ramos
    http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/17926/images_from_avengers_vs_x-men_round_one
    I am disappoint

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Poor Steve looks like he has a hernia.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Huh, so Wolvie isn't on the Avengers side? Maybe this means he'll FINALLY be off 5 team books at once?

• Options
    They'll probably fight for a bit, then talk a lot, then decide to team-up

• Options
    I'm really curious about the Ultron thing now. Assuming it's Bendis last hurrah as an Avengers writer it won't be talking place till at least September, most likely October so I guess it will take place in both Avengers and New Avengers which does make sense.

I swear if Hitch isn't done drawing it by then...

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    To be fair dudes

these are teasers, they are in no way official HEY THESE ARE THE FIGHTS YOU WILL BE SEEING

I mean look at the Fear Itself teasers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    To be fair dudes

these are teasers, they are in no way official HEY THESE ARE THE FIGHTS YOU WILL BE SEEING

I mean look at the Fear Itself teasers

but but a ms. marvel - rogue fight! I want that so bad!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    wait

if you look at the marvel gallery

they call this round one - are they doing more of these? oh lord.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Huh, so Wolvie isn't on the Avengers side? Maybe this means he'll FINALLY be off 5 team books at once?

I think Spidey beats him by a mile right now.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    spidey is just on the new avenger and FF though?

• Options
    spidey is just on the new avenger and FF though?

which is three and somehow I thought it was more than that. oh well!

still, what's wolverine got: new avengers, x-force, and wolverine and the x-men?

huntresssig.jpg