Options

The New, Mighty and Secretly Dark Avenging (and Defending) Thread!

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    1. New Avengers
    2. FF

You no count so good.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    To be fair dudes

these are teasers, they are in no way official HEY THESE ARE THE FIGHTS YOU WILL BE SEEING

I mean look at the Fear Itself teasers

but but a ms. marvel - rogue fight! I want that so bad!
    They confirmed that one in the Versus announcement.

The only fights we know for sure are happening are Magneto v. Iron Man, Thing v. Namor, Rogue v. Ms. Marvel, Thor v. Storm and Pixie vs. Squirrel Girl.

While 3 of those do have teasers, one teaser is Thing vs. Colossusnaut which doesn't match-up unless Thing gets two fights

plus I doubt all of the X-Avengers stay on the X-Men's side.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    1. New Avengers
    2. FF

You no count so good.

FF counts twice!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    To be fair dudes

these are teasers, they are in no way official HEY THESE ARE THE FIGHTS YOU WILL BE SEEING

The only fights we know for sure are happening are Magneto v. Iron Man, Thing v. Namor, Rogue v. Ms. Marvel, Thor v. Storm and Pixie vs. Squirrel Girl.

While 3 of those do have teasers, one teaser is Thing vs. Colossusnaut which doesn't match-up unless Thing gets two fights

Marvel calling that the Round One gallery might make sense of that.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder what these fights are going to be to, anyway. Surely the X-Men aren't going to actually injure/imprison Avengers. I can see Cap sending people to the Raft, though.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Spider-Man is on two Avengers teams right now, isn't he?

Two Avengers teams and the FF. Wolverine is on two Avengers teams, the X-Men and X-Force.

• Options
    Solar wrote:

Two Avengers teams and the FF. Wolverine is on two Avengers teams, the X-Men and X-Force.

Nah, Both Wolverine and Spider-Man was kicked off the "main" Avengers team

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Solar wrote:

I probably read that but forget why they were kicked off

Probably good that they are only in one book though. More pace for others.

• Options
    Arivia wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    To be fair dudes

Marvel calling that the Round One gallery might make sense of that.
    Except the Thing v. Namor fight is in the first issue of Versus

so it has to be "Round One" by definition

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Solar wrote:
    Solar wrote:

I probably read that but forget why they were kicked off

Probably good that they are only in one book though. More pace for others.

Cap didn't pick them for the new team. Remember, unless you're a classic Avenger your membership is at the whims of Cranky Grandpa Steve.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I don't really like Steve as grand high poo-bah of all

But I do prefer Avengers to stick to one team. There are limited spaces after all, and if I can already read about Spidey as an Avenger in New Avengers I'd rather not read about in him in the regular Avengers too. Give Protector some time, please.

• Options
    Talking of the perils of team management, I really liked the way Iceman told Logan to fuck off in the last issue of WatXM.

"No! No I am not interested in whatever shit you're doing with your secret team that's going to mean the end of everything we're working on here. This is enough."

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I am intrigued by this (Hulk vs. Ms. Marvel).

It's supposed to be for Hulk Smash Avengers #5, which I guess is a thing.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    That CBR interview talks about it being easily digestible for people coming out of the movie. If so, why is it in February?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    That CBR interview talks about it being easily digestible for people coming out of the movie. If so, why is it in February?

So the tpb/HC can be out by the movie

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Hulk makes no sense to me at all. If I had a friend that constantly raged out and attacked my friends and broke stuff, I wouldn't be his friend anymore. They need to start treating Hulk like a villain, and not a friend with anger issues.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Hulk makes no sense to me at all. If I had a friend that constantly raged out and attacked my friends and broke stuff, I wouldn't be his friend anymore. They need to start treating Hulk like a villain, and not a friend with anger issues.
    The thing is, most of the time he attacks other people he is being manipulated by other forces. Loki, some mind control, Strange forcibly removing Banner, etc.

Right now Hulk is the most stable he has ever been, outside of those times when it was basically just Banner all the time but he could Hulk out.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited January 2012

This is why the guy without a dissociative identity disorder based on rage, used to a chain of command, who's actually sorry for wrecking things, is the better choice for an Avengers Hulk.

But I may be biased...

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    Rulk is great on the team and should stick around, yeah.

Rulk is really one of the best new characters in the Marvel Universe, alongside Venom and KidLoki since he is essentially a clean start.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SmileyTopsSmileyTops Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've really been enjoying the Red Hulk run. The recent arc with Arabian Knight and Machine Man was fun.

Think of that friend as a bear. He lives in the woods and is pretty cool for a bear, he will even help you out from time to time. Just don't go into the woods and piss him off.

Of course, there's an assortment of people who go out in the woods and take turns poking the bear in the face. Shouting "Hey bear, you're a *****. Quit being a ****** bear" *poke* *poke* *poke*

That's when the bear rages. Afterwards the bear feels bad and goes back to the woods to be left alone. This leaves other people saying, "Wow, that bear was a total ******. We should ask for his help, then shoot him into space. "

SmileyTops on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    SmileyTops wrote:
    I've really been enjoying the Red Hulk run. The recent arc with Arabian Knight and Machine Man was fun.

Think of that friend as a bear. He lives in the woods and is pretty cool for a bear, he will even help you out from time to time. Just don't go into the woods and piss him off.

Of course, there's an assortment of people who go out in the woods and take turns poking the bear in the face. Shouting "Hey bear, you're a *****. Quit being a ****** bear" *poke* *poke* *poke*

That's when the bear rages. Afterwards the bear feels bad and goes back to the woods to be left alone. This leaves other people saying, "Wow, that bear was a total ******. We should ask for his help, then shoot him into space. "

So, Rulk is starting to intrigue me, and I'd like to find out more, but I can't bear myself to enter Loeb territory. When did Rulk start becoming an interesting character? Where is a good place to start?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    Parker's run, I believe. Not sure though

If people can point me towards issues and trades as well, that'd be great. Blank likes Rulk now so I suspect I will, I just need to know where to go.

• Options
    The Trade Hulk: Scorched Earth starts Jeff Parker's Run. Which starts with issue 25 I think

• Options
    For simplicity's sake, just pick up the current issue. They just started a new arc, and everything is pretty sufficiently explained without dwelling on the past. All you need to know is that Rulk has some enemies of his own now, and this centers around one (and gives some backstory). Meanwhile, Betty hates his guts, and has secreted herself on the voyage he takes to confront said villain.

• Options
    Solar wrote:
    Parker's run, I believe. Not sure though

If people can point me towards issues and trades as well, that'd be great. Blank likes Rulk now so I suspect I will, I just need to know where to go.
    Get Scorched Earth, the trade. Then Planet Red Hulk.

After that you should be caught up to the most recent arc, Hulk of Arabia, a new one just started with Ross and Betty.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Hulk of Arabia was the last arc. Hulk #47 starts a whole new arc.

• Options
    After that you should be caught up to the most recent arc, Hulk of Arabia, a new one just started with Ross and Betty.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I haven't read any of Loeb's Hulk, but Red Hulk: Scorched Earth was great.

• Options
    Loeb's Hulk is not very good at all and Parker's run manages to take its' biggest mistakes and turn them into a strength

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    jeff parker's hulk proved what I said about rulk all along

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:

But I do prefer Avengers to stick to one team. There are limited spaces after all, and if I can already read about Spidey as an Avenger in New Avengers I'd rather not read about in him in the regular Avengers too. Give Protector some time, please.

I ask this every so often, but has anything of note being done with the Protector since him joining Avengers?

• Options
    jeff parker's hulk proved what I said about rulk all along
    Yes!

• Options
    Kyougu wrote:
    Solar wrote:

I ask this every so often, but has anything of note being done with the Protector since him joining Avengers?

Character-wise? No. Nothing at all.

He made a time machine and told Tony Stark he wouldn't give him alien tech. Which is fair enough, I wouldn't give Tony Stark directions at this point. He's done a few cool tech based things, and he beat up Titanium Man mostly off panel, but nothing really more than that. I'd like to see him actually exercise his new Naga Bands properly at some point, you know, show what they can really do, but Bendis isn't interested in fight scenes and apparently enjoys Protector more when he is standing quietly at the back while Steve, Tony, Hawkeye and Maria Hill pontificate and Spider-Man makes quips.

I like him loads, and I'm glad he is in the team rather than character limbo doing nothing at all. But still, some actual panel time would be nice.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Kyougu wrote:
    Solar wrote:

Character-wise? No. Nothing at all.

He made a time machine and told Tony Stark he wouldn't give him alien tech. Which is fair enough, I wouldn't give Tony Stark directions at this point. He's done a few cool tech based things, and he beat up Titanium Man mostly off panel, but nothing really more than that. I'd like to see him actually exercise his new Naga Bands properly at some point, you know, show what they can really do, but Bendis isn't interested in fight scenes and apparently enjoys Protector more when he is standing quietly at the back while Steve, Tony, Hawkeye and Maria Hill pontificate and Spider-Man makes quips.

I like him loads, and I'm glad he is in the team rather than character limbo doing nothing at all. But still, some actual panel time would be nice.

Yeah, I followed the first arc of Avengers largely due to Protector being on the team. When I saw he didn't do anything through those first issues I dropped the title. A shame.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Rulk is really one of the best new characters in the Marvel Universe.

It's funny how that statement would have been torched to cinders and back during Rulk's initial activity in the comics.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I have honestly really loved Rulk in the Avengers titles, and I think Hulk may be the Jeff Parker book I really want right now.

Especially with the pending loss of my dear, dear OMAC.

• Options
    Thunderbolts is still better.

• Options
    I actually prefer Hulk

I think the time travel arc has gone on for too long

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I read the first two or three arcs of his thunderbolts back when he started, and didn't care for any of the characters besides Luke Cage and USAgent.

I know it's all changed pretty substantially since then, from lineups to tone, but I must say I'm still not terribly interested in the book.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm agreeing with blank on the time travel arc

Thunderbolts is still miles ahead of the other Marvel team books, though

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg