As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attaching speakers to my HP moniter?

Evil GummyEvil Gummy Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys!

So, I have my xbox360 hooked up to my HP2159m moniter. It's in the HDMI port, it looks great! My problem...

The moniter has shitty integrated speakers. I have a pair of computer nspeakers that attach to the moniter. I cannot, for some reason, find out how to make them work.

I have fiddled with the source settings, and I dunno, I'm hitting a wall.

Anyone have some advice? This IS possible, isn't it?

hatsig.jpg
Evil Gummy on

• Options
    Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    most of the time on monitors the intergrated speekers have a seprate input (ie from the sound card) and dont get the sound from the hdmi input (if you are conveting hdmi to a dvi in)

the best thing to do is check and see if it takes sound from hdmi i have seen lots of monaters that dont.

if it dosnt you need to get the dongle that goes in the back of the xbox that alows you to put the sound into another sound system.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-HDMI-AV-Cable/dp/B000UODATY

the eather run that to sterio or a 2.1 or 5.1 system. or if you want to use the internal speekers you have to get phono to what ever jacks they use.

Conroy Bumpas on
    Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm sitting in front of an hp w2207h and an hp w2408h, and they both definitely do get audio through the hdmi input. I believe the HP2159m is a newer model, so I'd assume it would too.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    Evil GummyEvil Gummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I mean, unless I'm confused, what I am saying is I have computer speakers that plug into the moniter itself... but no sound is coming out of them?

Evil Gummy on
    hatsig.jpg
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The headphone jack on your monitor is an input.

MushroomStick on