As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Konami -- You are all Honorary Press Members

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
Got this in my inbox ... meh?

E3_DoftheD2_052010_9_12.jpg
i
Digital Entertainment, Inc. today launched its 2010 Electronic Entertainment
Expo (E3) website http://www.konami.com/e3 [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103455683850&s=30245&e=001Qk0sc3EBw8ll_C6oPIdDmFk-Lv0eh1RnZj9ljSD3WIt-CTgcA4ZfPG2pato8AdZt53xeSih642SgLzNy7lBcmr74awiua35_xdXGk1N4dCXOgWbCEAUw0A==].

The site will bring the excitement of Konami's 2010 E3 experience to fans across
the globe by providing them a rare opportunity to become "honorary press
members" and watch an online stream of Konami's 2010 E3 press conference, an
event normally closed to the general public.

The site will also provide fans with a daily destination for the latest Konami E3
news, exclusive content, community-driven Konami character mashups, daily game
giveaways, best blog contest, and more.

Bamelin on

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The minute something is offered to everyone, it ceases to be a huge deal

Still, nice gesture on their part though assuming they're showing something interesting

All I can think of is maybe Metal Gear Rising and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? Maybe an announcement/confirmation of that rumored Castlevania HD?

UnbreakableVow on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Any time I think "Konami" and "E3," I can't help but think of the horribly awkward Rock Revolution demo from '08:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIL_hq5nrB4

Rock Revolution has birthed more than its fair shares of embarrassment, but this is still its crowning glory.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    One of the Konami guys I follow on Twitter has REALLY been talking up the trailer they're making for E3 for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow lately.

Also Bame you've been on a thread making spree lately. <_<

Henroid on
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    One of the Konami guys I follow on Twitter has REALLY been talking up the trailer they're making for E3 for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow lately.

Also Bame you've been on a thread making spree lately. <_<

Summertime work is slow at the office.

Actually we're all getting laid off at the end of July, so it's worse than slow this year, it's dead.

Bamelin on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ... wow that really sucks, I'm sorry dude. D:

I'd sign up for this offer from Konami if I had the net capacity for it. I really want to see what they pull out for Metal Gear and Castlevania: LoS. I also wouldn't mind what UV pointed out - confirmation on this dumb Castlevania: HD thing. Or clarification.

Henroid on
    edited June 2010

I'd sign up for this offer from Konami if I had the net capacity for it. I really want to see what they pull out for Metal Gear and Castlevania: LoS. I also wouldn't mind what UV pointed out - confirmation on this dumb Castlevania: HD thing. Or clarification.

It's ok the job has been kinda sucky for awhile. I need a break though so I'll be going on Employment Insurance for abit and then trying to figure out what to do next. I'm an Employment Counsellor by trade so it hopefully won't be too hard for me ... it's kinda what I do!

I'm actually toying with the idea of starting my own business but not sure what to do. Would love to do something game related (already do a shitload of industry stuff via MSXBOX-WORLD voluntarily) but get paid for it. Sadly there's no money in gaming journalism, certainly not enough to live on.

All the loot is on the marketing and PR side of the industry (basically the publishers side) and development side if you've got the skills for that. The worst part about it all is that most of the idiots they have working in marketing and pr don't really have much of an interest in games, it's just a job related to their education. There are occasional bright exceptions (usually community managers, J from Volition comes to mind).

Bamelin on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bamelin wrote: »

It's ok the job has been kinda sucky for awhile. I need a break though so I'll be going on Employment Insurance for abit and then trying to figure out what to do next. I'm an Employment Counsellor by trade so it hopefully won't be too hard for me ... it's kinda what I do!

I'm actually toying with the idea of starting my own business but not sure what to do. Would love to do something game related (already do a shitload of industry stuff via MSXBOX-WORLD voluntarily) but get paid for it. Sadly there's no money in gaming journalism, certainly not enough to live on.

All the loot is on the marketing and PR side of the industry (basically the publishers side) and development side if you've got the skills for that. The worst part about it all is that most of the idiots they have working in marketing and pr don't really have much of an interest in games, it's just a job related to their education. There are occasional bright exceptions (usually community managers, J from Volition comes to mind).

Man, I'd love to get into gaming Marketing/PR. I minored in that in college, but haven't found anything at all for that or my major (graphic design) yet. To be able to love games and market them would kick ass.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Don't forget that Ontario has things for people receiving EI, who want to go back to school or start a business.
    http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/tcu/secondcareer/

Also, on a thread related note, Suikoden 6 goddamnit!

Valleo on
    edited June 2010
    Valleo wrote: »

Don't forget that Ontario has things for people receiving EI, who want to go back to school or start a business.
    http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/tcu/secondcareer/

Also, on a thread related note, Suikoden 6 goddamnit!

Heh that's what I do Valleo, right now.

I'm the guy you come to for Assessment if you want Second Career or to apply for the Self Employment Benefits Program or any other government related employment program.

Bamelin on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Odds of them discussing anything related to Suikoden?

Artereis on
    edited June 2010
    Artereis wrote: »

GAF is saying they will be looking at:

So far, games on hand at E3 for the publisher include the following, but there may be more:

* Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3, X360)
    * Def Jam Rapstar (PS3, Wii, X360)
    * Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
    * N3: Ninety-Nine Nights II (X360)
    * Rocket Knight (PC, PS3, X360)
    * Rush’N Attack Ex-Patriot (PS3, X360)
    * Saw II: The Videogame (PS3, X360)
    * The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice (Wii)

so far that's what's been announced

Bamelin on
    edited June 2010
    Well, I'll just shut up then.

Kind of surprised your office is closing though. At least you already know exactly what you can and can't get.

Valleo on
    edited June 2010

Kind of surprised your office is closing though. At least you already know exactly what you can and can't get.

No I appreciate the sentiment.

Office is closing due to big changes in how the government delivers employment support services. They want to be "more efficient and "streamline the process for the client".

meaning: The Ministry is broke. Things are going to get very bad in my sector for the next six months or so.

Bamelin on
  • PalomPalom Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Artereis wrote: »
    A new Suikoden would be about the only thing from Konami to interest me. Unfortunately, I have zero hope of anything being mentioned. Maybe at TGS. As far as I'm aware, Suikoden V sold abysmally in America, so I doubt they would feel it necessary to mention at an American event.

Palom on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah. Come on Suikoden 6...I need it.

Though Lords of Shadow is looking really awesome.

Dragkonias on
    edited June 2010

No I appreciate the sentiment.

Office is closing due to big changes in how the government delivers employment support services. They want to be "more efficient and "streamline the process for the client".

meaning: The Ministry is broke. Things are going to get very bad in my sector for the next six months or so.

Sorry to hear it. Sadly that's usually what happens when the feds transfer responsibility for things to the province. The feds cut the funding because they aren't the ones that look bad for an underfunded program anymore.

On topic, I'm afraid that no Suikoden news usually gives me this knee jerk reaction where I get angry with Konami and don't care about anything else that gets said. Though the new Castlevania looks promising (been playing a lot of that style of game lately, and not at all hating it).

Valleo on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    When(and if) they make a new Suikoden I hope it finally takes place after 3.

I know I'll probably be killed for saying it, but 3 was my favorite one.

Dragkonias on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Konami wants to brag about how they had the "most press" at their conference, obviously

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited June 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    When(and if) they make a new Suikoden I hope it finally takes place after 3.

I know I'll probably be killed for saying it, but 3 was my favorite one.

I'll admit, when 3 came out I hated it, just because it wasn't 1 or 2. Recently though I replayed it with my girlfriend, and I have to admit the story was pretty epic. Its certainly not my favorite though, too many things that I didn't like (stupid pairs in party, awful army battles, lousy dog chapter).

Gameplay wise, I think 5 was the most polished. I agree that they need to stop with the prequels and advance the story though. I got all excited when a post or Murayama's blog started rumors that he might be coming back to finish the story, but that got squashed. If you've read any of the news over at Suikox, it seems (to me) like Konami has pretty much admitted that they have no idea where to take the story at this point.

Valleo on