Options

[World Cup] "The Green Error" to live in infamy, vuvuzelas are omgterrible

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    Brazil group is predictable yet again.

I can't recall much of 90 and 94, but ever since WC98 this is so true. Pisses me off to no end.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Cedar BrownCedar Brown Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Queiroz should have started with Almeida. I don't know why he took out Danny for Simao and their passing was below what they are capable of. Overall it was a really cautious game because every match is crucial in this group.

At least 90% of the time when someone says Ronaldo dived he was actually fouled. What's he going to do? Just pretend that his feet aren't getting tangled up in a tackle and not try to prevent himself from getting hurt. Does anyone get fouled as much as Ronaldo?

Cedar Brown on
  • Options
    GinraiGinrai Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    Brazil group is predictable yet again.

I can't recall much of 90 and 94, but ever since WC98 this is so true. Pisses me off to no end.

To be fair, Turkey did scare the crap out of Brazil the two times they played and England could've won their match as well. Looking back at it, 2002 had some of the stranger outcomes in recent World Cup history (at least until the finals).

Ginrai on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Brazil is going to fill the newspapers tomorrow after they trounce North Korea, making them drop from the tournament and causing an international crisis. All will be resolved when Kim Jong Il is sent videos of Brazilian women dancing at the Carnaval.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    At least 90% of the time when someone says Ronaldo dived he was actually fouled. What's he going to do? Just pretend that his feet aren't getting tangled up in a tackle and not try to prevent himself from getting hurt. Does anyone get fouled as much as Ronaldo?

Those are some heavily tinted glasses you are wearing. Admittedly, there were a couple occasions when Ronaldo was legitimately fouled. However, that shit head also hit the ground illegitimately more than a couple of times.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oldmanken wrote: »

Those are some heavily tinted glasses you are wearing. Admittedly, there were a couple occasions when Ronaldo was legitimately fouled. However, that shit head also hit the ground illegitimately more than a couple of times.

third most blatant dive

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    People accuse Ronaldo of diving because he has a history of diving. Maybe he should just stop diving.

Space Coyote on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2010
    Whoops. ITV have to fire Robbie Earle after the 40 or so tickets allocated to him end up being used as part of a marketing ambush involving girls in mini skirts. Silly billy

Bogart on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thats some inudtrial grade diving there

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Whoops. ITV have to fire Robbie Earle after the 40 or so tickets allocated to him end up being used as part of a marketing ambush involving girls in mini skirts. Silly billy
    The big problem:
    Members of the group, accused of promoting a brand that is not one of the tournament's official sponsors, were found with tickets understood to have been part of Earle's allocation.
    ed
    Earle, 45, an ambassador for England's 2018 World Cup bid, played for Wimbledon and Port Vale as well as for Jamaica in the 1998 World Cup.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have no idea what ITV is but from everything posted in this thread it's almost like they're perpetually incompetent?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    oldmanken wrote: »

third most blatant dive [URL][/url]

That is some world class diving going on right there. I'm fine with people type casting players as divers when they pull shit like that consistently. I don't care if they do fall down when they get fouled 80% of the time. That sort of diving is so egregious that we should mock them incessantly for it.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And that was Ronaldo's third most blatant dive. There were two that were worse.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Ugh does anyone have youtube videos of those too or could tell me at what minute in the match he dove (I have it recorded).

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hopefully, Ronaldo will be sent off for diving in a crucial game and then Portugal will be knocked out and he will learn a valuable lesson and never dive again. That could happen, right?

Space Coyote on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's why Totti never, ever dives anymore.

David_T on
    13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Ugh does anyone have youtube videos of those too or could tell me at what minute in the match he dove (I have it recorded).

2nd most blatant one was in the first half and resulted in the first yellow card of the match

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New thread?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BBC wrote:
    Brazil manager Dunga has named Kaka and Robinho in a full-strength line-up to face North Korea at Ellis Park.
    LOL I'm glad they're not running out the reserve

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    I have no idea what ITV is but from everything posted in this thread it's almost like they're perpetually incompetent?

Imagine the worst tv company in your country, then imagine that tv company a hundred times worse. There.. there is itv. The problem with ITV is they seem incapable of hiring competent people, so you get these stupid technical screw ups like the ITV HD thing and you get truly horrible tv shows. The sad thing is they usually buy their good tv shows from relatively small (in comparison to them) production companies, when small production companies are making better tv shows than this big £2 billion pound company it's pretty much endemic incompetence.

These good bought tv shows which are occasionally shown on ITV only emphasizes how bad ITV are, it's like ITV are standing in front of you repeatedly slapping their own face. You don't know whether to stand there, mouth agape in astonishment, walk away or call the police to get them locked up in a loony bin.

EDIT: 101 pages, new thread time?

Guys, lets place bets on the Brazil game. I say 7-0 to NORTH KOREA! All hail our glorious leader!

Nah, of course.. Brazil 7-0.

EDIT2:

Woo! Bonus footage from a football game, from a Leeds match no less. Although evidently not on the Leeds ground.

ITV is...

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I say we just ride this thread through tomorrow. Might as well get through the first batch of group games.

#2 on the Ronaldo dive chart

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love the ESPN guys constant mockery of NK. Here's hoping Brazil gives them the ball stomping no other country deserves more.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If Brazil score less than the Germany game I will view this match as a disappointment.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    If Brazil score less than the Germany game I will view this match as a disappointment.

In the past when (this) Brazil has been winning comfortably it seems like they don't bother running it up
    (that said I have it 4-0)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If brazil win by less then 4 , that means they gave up and just started playign keepaway.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited June 2010
    ESPN will be filtering some of the vulvazettas(sic).
    The Glorious Leader is using an invisible communication device to direct the coach's tactics.

Advantage: crazy man who may execute some of these players and coaches

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    skytv still holds the title for most hilarious incident of incompetent soccer reporting ever though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8gKmQ6Hrro

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    North Korean striker tearing up for National Anthem. I think I can allow myself to root for this team vs Portugal

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Holy crap, did you guys just see the crying North Korean footballer during the national anthems?

I sure hope those aren't tears of "oh no, I know we can't win and they told me i'd be killed along with my family if we didn't".

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    This will be awesome!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    WankWank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The People's Wayne Rooney was weeping pretty openly during the anthem. Foreshadowing for the final result? Yeah, probs.

Wank on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Holy crap, did you guys just see the crying North Korean footballer during the national anthems?

I sure hope those aren't tears of "oh no, I know we can't win and they told me i'd be killed along with my family if we didn't"

OK so I'm not the only one to think that

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    psychoticdreampsychoticdream Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so i missed coast of ivory vs portugal and new zealand vs slovakia

both ties but ivory vs portugal???? damn... did not expect a 0-0 tie

psychoticdream on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay, so there is like a 0.001% chance of a crazy terrorist event at this game right??? Just dont know what to expect from this North Korean team.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ok, ok.... Korea hasn't conceded a goal yet, better than I thought!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They're still playing with the sound levels

Haha wow on the run
    ed
    Raakam wrote: »
    Ok, ok.... Korea hasn't conceded a goal yet, better than I thought!

I got 2-1 odds that there'd be a goal in minutes 1-15

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dammit guys get yourselves some last names

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Cedar BrownCedar Brown Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I sure hope those aren't tears of "oh no, I know we can't win and they told me i'd be killed along with my family if we didn't".

No, they are tears of, "OMG I'm here representing my great homeland of North Korea the greatest country in the world in front of the entire world the dear leader would be so proud of me."

Cedar Brown on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    damn

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    psychoticdreampsychoticdream Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hitting 101 pages...

should we go to the other world cup thread?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=15300513#post15300513

psychoticdream on
This discussion has been closed.