As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]erine the Great

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No, we tear apart the Sixth Sense because its a bad movie with a plot hole so wide you could hide Uranus in it.

edit: for clarification, I like the LotR movies. Argument invalidated :lol:

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You get violent about dissenting opinions on The Sixth Sense, huh?

Fugitive on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Fuck the guys hatin' on The Sixth Sense.

That was a very well done movie, and i'm tired of internet folk bashing it just because it has M. Night's name on it; those are the only people i've ever heard rip on that movie.

These are the same people who tear apart Lord of the Rings just because it's popular; it was a miracle those movies were even made.

I wanna beat seven shades of stupid out of these clowns.

I dislike it because it's a bad movie with cheap scares and a load of nonsense making up the plot, not because M. Night Shamwow made it. Please try again.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    I was fantasizing about someone like Peter Jackson directing an Avatar movie. I don't know why I would do something like that to myself.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I liked Avatar but didn't think it was anything special story-wise.

And I am angry at James Cameron for doing Avatar 2 before Battle Angel Alita, when the kickass martial arts cyborg flick is obviously a movie that needs to be made much more.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    I liked Avatar but didn't think it was anything special story-wise.

And I am angry at James Cameron for doing Avatar 2 before Battle Angel Alita, when the kickass martial arts cyborg flick is obviously a movie that needs to be made much more.

What?

So much anger :x

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Sorry I meant AIRBENDER movie, not that gay blue furry bullshit.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    OH! Oops.

At least Peter Jackson is a more skilled and talented filmmaker than fucking Shyamalan, though.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

That was a very well done movie, and i'm tired of internet folk bashing it just because it has M. Night's name on it; those are the only people i've ever heard rip on that movie.

These are the same people who tear apart Lord of the Rings just because it's popular; it was a miracle those movies were even made.

I dislike it because it's a bad movie with cheap scares and a load of nonsense making up the plot, not because M. Night Shamwow made it. Please try again.

Sorry, i'm not buying it.

You helped build this monster like everyone else. Stop trying to be cool and just admit it already.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You helped build this monster like everyone else. Stop trying to be cool and just admit it already.

So... you're answer is "Haha, no i'm rite your wong because I say so."

...ok? o_O

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited July 2010

The movie is only made compelling by virtue of its twist ending, which wasn't much of a twist, by the way, since it's laid on so fucking thick.

I dislike the movie for reasons unrelated to Shyamalan, apart from the fact that it is bad due to his incompetence. If he'd had nothing to do with it, and it was identical, it would've been bad due to the incompetence of whoever took his place in this scenario.

Sixth Sense.

Bad movie.

PERFECTLY REASONABLE AND VALID OPINIONS

Get over it you tremendous baby.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I just wish, if they were going to fuck it up, at least fuck it up in a Mario Brothers Movie kind of way

Make Appa an AI hover tank with an anagram like "Aerial Patrol and Protect Assistant" and set the whole thing in a post-apocalyptic North America where the continent has been split in 4 parts by massive nuclear bombardment.

[Edit] Oh wow calm down Godfather it had flaws

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll admit I've only seen the Rifftrax version of the Sixth Sense, but believe me when I say that I did pay attention to the actual story and that I wouldn't even have made it through the movie if it hadn't been for the jokes. It was appalling.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    You know, the weird thing about M. Night is that I think he's a decent director, but at the same time he's a mediocre to bad writer; and since he always does both on his films, one ends up canceling out the other.

I think if he started directing some well-written scripts by other writers instead of trying to be "M.Night The Auteur Creative Force", he could probably win back some of the reputation he's lost since Sixth Sense came out by becoming the "dumb twist ending guy".

Give him something more down to earth without aliens or ghosts or plumbing monsters or whatever, more of like a Hitchcock-type subject matter, and I think he could probably manage a decent job of it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like Sixth Sense. Plot holes be damned.

IN YOUR FACE!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate twists, they've become the yardstick for how idiots judge the value of a movie. The bigger and more ridiculous the twist the more they love it.
    "Wow, Bruce Willis was a dinosaur this entire time and no-one realised it, not even him. I totally didn't see that coming!"

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    I hate twists, they've become the yardstick for how idiots judge the value of a movie. The bigger and more rediculous the twist the more they love it.
    "Wow, Bruce Willis was a dinosaur this entire time and no-one realised it, not even him. I totally didn't see that coming!"

Fuck you, I would so want to watch a Special Edition version of the Sixth Sense where Bruce Willis' character was replaced by a CG talking Tyrannosaur who thinks he's human while everyone else in the movie awkwardly tries to ignore it. That would be an amazing movie.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The greatest twist in movie history was the revelation that Einhorn is actually Finkle.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I hate twists, they've become the yardstick for how idiots judge the value of a movie. The bigger and more ridiculous the twist the more they love it.

Some twists are ok, like the ones that actually allow the movie to make sense (Fight Club) other twists (most twists?) happen because during the writing process a producer said "Wouldn't it be great if...." and some nonsense gets spewed from his mouth. If the movie isn't thoughtfully made than the twist ruins everything that came previously (Haute Tension).

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    We just need to bust in on the set of M. Nights next movie. "Right we're going to need CG dinosaurs here, here and.....here. Also there should be some Mechs and explosions and stuff. Shut up shut up, okay everyone, shut up, this is going to be great. GREEAT! Okay, now........ ACTION."

EDIT: The Twist is that the Mechs built/engineered the dinsosaurs in an underground laboritory 20 million years ago, so they could come back and hunt them in the future.....but only after the scientists had brought them back from extinction, because they'd be more dangerous because DNA research is evil.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Brilliant!

Nappuccino on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh shiz Squid I guess I cant read today.

Anyways, I haven't seen 6th for ages, but I remember it in a positive light. I also liked Signs as well, even though it had a stupid ending. Everything else I've seen from him has been pretty terrible. The Village was such a crapfest.

EDIT oh Amazon bought out Woot. Hm!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did you start taking meds, or stop?

I am very curious as well.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
  • Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would say sixth sense was decent, I think he's cheapened the movie over time though since he uses the twist every time. But compared to most horror/thriller movies coming out now I think it was pretty damn good.

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What does this even mean?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It means he gets results you stupid chief!

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tam wrote: »

What does this even mean?

It means you're in for a really annoying and stupid argument if you try to claim you didn't really like Titanic when Godfather's around.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I would say sixth sense was decent, I think he's cheapened the movie over time though since he uses the twist every time. But compared to most horror/thriller movies coming out now I think it was pretty damn good.

Your name was TRUTH. Why change it?!

JUSTIFY THIS NOW DAMMIT

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    1. Boondock Saints
    2. I use Chromatomic for almost anything else that doesn't use my real name
    3. Boondock Saints

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Boondock Saints? Why the.....How the fuck did people like this movie? I ejected the dvd halfway through and would've stepped on it if it wasn't someone elses.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    alright, fair enough

what does chromatomic mean? atomic color? indivisible color?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Boondock Saints? Why the.....How the fuck did people like this movie? I ejected the dvd halfway through and would've stepped on it if it wasn't someone elses.

I have no idea. I had about the same reaction, except I had to sit through it because I was watching it with someone else who owned the movie, and I really didn't get any good explanations as to why he thought it wasn't dreadful shit.

What really flabbergasts me is that they made a sequel to it, even though the only released movie that the director had been involved in between the two movies was (or at least this is my understanding) a documentary about what a total shithead he was.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Combination of Chromatic / Atomic

I don't think it's a real word though.

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I know, but you can invent words. I though maybe you made it with a meaning in mind.

Tam on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought Lady in the Water and The Happening were fairly entertaining movies.

(It's another matter that I watched them in the debilitating, anguishing grips of Lyme disease.)

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I know, but you can invent words. I though maybe you made it with a meaning in mind.

oh yeah true, I guess I did make it with a meaning in mind but not an actual definition.

Part of it was just coming up with something unique that I didn't feel sounded lame or forced.

The other part of it is just a pseudo retro throwback like "radiation king" TVs

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

oh yeah true, I guess I did make it with a meaning in mind but not an actual definition.

Part of it was just coming up with something unique that I didn't feel sounded lame or forced.

The other part of it is just a pseudo retro throwback like "radiation king" TVs

okay, this is going to be drawn
    not soon if by me (duh), but it will be drawn

Tam on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A former coworker of mine couldn't fucking shut up about how great Boondock Saints was.

I hate the movie because of that, even without having seen it (and because the bits I did see looked completely retarded)

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I dunno, I mean there was a lot of "too stylistic/preachy for it's own good" in Boondock Saints, and most people who claim that they really loved the film tend to be pretty insufferable all-around

But I don't remember it being total trash the way most people talk about it.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I liked it at the time I made the username and I still find it fun to watch in a made-for-tv movie way but I don't like it enough to continue using the username.

Chromatomic on
This discussion has been closed.