As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We might be up to 33 in T6M, I did a lot of leveling on lowbies but it's been awhile.

And yeah no worries Morninglord. I'll probably be on more in the near future. Live bands and bars are fucking killing my ability to place copious amounts of income into savings.

HappylilElf on
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Iirc there was some addon that let you twist as you used any ability or button you set it up to do? Just run around doing shit that needs done while the twisting comes along with it.

Twister + a G15. Fuck twisting.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Unless they nerfed the hell out of them, KotBS are fine without twisting and Chosen sure as hell are, and then some. It's honestly not worth the bother of getting a mod and/or fancy keyboard for it. Just do the resists aura and go to town, for both. Worked pretty well for me.

Astale on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The mod is effortless to set up and effortless to find.

Twister on the curse website.

Just drag auras into it and set it to a key.

Done.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All well and fine, I'm just saying if you don't want to bother, it's not going to OMG CRIPPLE you or something.

Astale on
  • couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm also playing on Iron Rock destro 40/44 shaman named coutts, hanging out with a guild called The Family atm

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Astale wrote: »
    All well and fine, I'm just saying if you don't want to bother, it's not going to OMG CRIPPLE you or something.

I dunno.

I mean cripple no. But you do get a measurable dps increase running 3 debuffing auras than one. Just go whack a mob and cycle them all on. It's a decent boost.

But I do sometimes just run around with the anti heal on, not twisting, and do fine. It really depends.

I'd say if you were wailing on someone and having trouble with them, then that's when you need to start twisting in the right auras. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

edit: I hit 40 on my dok! :D So happy. Wasn't worth a second post though.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Astale wrote: »

I dunno.

I mean cripple no. But you do get a measurable dps increase running 3 debuffing auras than one. Just go whack a mob and cycle them all on. It's a decent boost.

But I do sometimes just run around with the anti heal on, not twisting, and do fine. It really depends.

I'd say if you were wailing on someone and having trouble with them, then that's when you need to start twisting in the right auras. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

edit: I hit 40 on my dok! :D So happy. Wasn't worth a second post though.

Also, with Power from the Gods running, I see a QUITE noticeable different in my AP. Twisting 3 auras with PftG, I basically never run out of AP. When I'm not twisting, I often get confused when my abilities won't light up...

Also, Grats on 40! Maybe we'll try and drag you along on an LV run or do some B & B to get you warded / geared, now.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Fryhole wrote: »
    Edit: What's the deal with this "Bioware Mythic" ? Is Bioware a part of Activision, or did they hand them off? I'm really not following game company acquisition/mergers anymore.
    Whoa, quite the opposite. EA bought Bioware right around the time Mass Effect launched. I assume that Mythic has suffered so many layoffs that they're just throwing what's left into Bioware and having that serve as the main MMORPG part of EA.

Activision is EA's primary rival after merging with Vivendi Games. Blizzard is part of Activison, so it'll be quite a rumble if Old Republic is any good.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    After much consideration, I'm going to resub for another month; before I do so, is there anyone that can benefit from giving me a referal? I'm going to sign up int he morning; Send me a PM if there's anything you can earn off me.

Grape Ape on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sadly I believe the only referral program in place is for brand new accounts.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Untrue, I can benefit off of you.

Toss me your email and I can refer you. You get 10 free day's, and I get one step closer to awesome griffon!

Transporter on
    edited July 2010
    .... but... but the referral thing didn't say you could do that! D:

Arthil on
    edited July 2010
    I did it to myself.

Well, technically, my sister's old account.

Used the 10 days, let it expire for a few, re-upped, and I had a brand new doggie in the mail.

Transporter on
  • KazooKazoo Get in the van. I have candy.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just resubbed today. I always liked WAR. I quit playing last year when I deployed to Iraq. Now that I'm back, it's time to smash some elves again. My main is on Volkmar, R40 Chosen by the name of "Preferido".

Kazoo on
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Think I'll resub again this weekend. Has a go-to guild/server sprung around in this thread?

Gene Parmesan on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll probably be re-subbing when 1.3.6 hits seeing as my main is a magus. I'll post on here when I need a re-invite.

ghost_master2000 on
  • AvegetableAvegetable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I gotta have to thank our american liberators for freeing us europeans from GOAs reign of terror, because, well, this game is an awful lot better if you suddenly have people to play it with, instead of being permanently stuck with the european servers.

*sigh*

Well, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Avegetable on
    edited July 2010
    Desto. Iron Rock. Hook up with Morninglord's crew.

I'm the only other person here who actually plays Iron Rock Order. Or Order period, actually.

I hold a ton of repect for Destro on Iron Rock. Their RR80's will FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH, no matter the situation. It's really quite awesome.

Transporter on
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to 'da WAAAGH!

Arthil on
    edited July 2010

I'm the only other person here who actually plays Iron Rock Order. Or Order period, actually.

I hold a ton of repect for Destro on Iron Rock. Their RR80's will FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH, no matter the situation. It's really quite awesome.

I haven't played much this week, due to ff13. Heh.

This post caused me to turn it off and log in right now.

Morninglord on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I play Order on Gorfang. I think somebody else does too. That's about it though.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got a couple of toons, all Order on Badlands atm.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
    edited July 2010
    weenus wrote: »
    I got a couple of toons, all Order on Badlands atm.

*Cracks knuckles* Names?

Also, thinking of moving my Ironbreaker to Iron Rock.

Arthil on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I guess I'm stupid because the new edition of warhammer fantasy has me interested in this game again. Where do the PA folks play Order/Destro? I'm d/ling the free trial right now and my slayer needs to slay things.

SJ on
  • KazooKazoo Get in the van. I have candy.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    I guess I'm stupid because the new edition of warhammer fantasy has me interested in this game again. Where do the PA folks play Order/Destro? I'm d/ling the free trial right now and my slayer needs to slay things.

Slayer, you say? I'll give you a nice warm welcome on Volkmar. With my Chosen's sword to your face.

I'll be waiting. :twisted:

Kazoo on
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seeing that new copies of the game are cheaper than a month of time I'm tempted to start a Destro character on Iron Rock. How regularly are you guys doing stuff, and more importantly, what kind of classes are in demand?

I'd kinda like to try out a shaman.

nonoffensive on
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Healers are always in demand, shammies are particularly fun :) With the right spec and some PvP gear you can become incredibly hard to kill, kinda bounding around the map drop magic love on your fav deeps. But the nice thing about shammies is most RR60+ use mixes of lower RvR gear and city dungeon gear for the bonuses, unlike DoK's who become unstoppable killing machines once they get up to Invader but really miss the gear until you get there.

I will warn you on a new toon, tier 2&3 Scenario's are dead... DEAD... There is still RvR Lake action and it can be decent, just don't expect Tier 1 pop levels for scenarios.

So make sure you get into a guild in the Ravenhost alliance as its pretty active and you can find a LoD grind group pretty easy, that will make 12-31 flyby.. After that you can enjoy the perty tier 4 RvR and leveling is less of a pain with popping scens.

I'm leveling a Magus right now with friends, hoping to get 3-4 together with a couple healers to drop some PBAoE bomb death with the "weakest" class in the game... Should be fun ;)

Hyku on
    edited July 2010
    Hyku wrote: »
    I will warn you on a new toon, tier 2&3 Scenario's are dead... DEAD...

Doesn't sound all that different from when I last played :P

Teir 2 and 3 were a huge boring hump, and then you hit Teir 4 with everyone decked out in gear. T1 was always the most fun I had in the game.

nonoffensive on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What are the ravenhost guild most of you guys are in. I am in a small guild who I like but I kind of miss having groups going constantly. And the alliance we are in kind of is meh it seems. The last one we were in was good but I guess two of the guilds decided to be dicks and kick us out along with another guild who we ran with.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    I will warn you on a new toon, tier 2&3 Scenario's are dead... DEAD...

Doesn't sound all that different from when I last played :P

Teir 2 and 3 were a huge boring hump, and then you hit Teir 4 with everyone decked out in gear. T1 was always the most fun I had in the game.

At least now you can LoD Champ grind your way quickly without touching PvE very much. :P

Honestly though, the gear difference is a crutch at tier 4. Group coordination in vent is faaaaaaaaaaar more powerful than gear, if you are pugging in scens your team will get rolled 2/3rds of the time whether you are in full Sov or annihilator.

The stat differential is not huge, from annihilator to Sovereign. For example a orange 2 handed weapon being a massive 20dps more than the repairable blue LV drop...

79.2 Dps on a 3.4 speed Blue 2hander base attack is 269 damage a hit.
    100.2 DPS on a 3.2 speed Orange 2hander base attack is 320 damage a hit.

50 damage more, crits seperate a bit more at around 150-175. But in all reality that is comparing a very easy to get blue to the best weapon in the game. RR70+'s have more options in gear stacking and can cover a wider base, but they don't have anything close to an I-win button. Once you can stack conq that gap is actually very small and pretty much gone with invader.

I went 6-1 in order scenarios last night on Volkmar with a 35 WP in **Decimator** (Power leveling does nothing for your gear ;) )... I was rolling with a guild premade, but only one char (a SM) had anything higher than conq gear (He was in full Tyrant). Yes my little WP can't run into the middle of an assisting melee train and sorcs HURT without anything close to resists, but my god I was in tier 1 **Decimator** and didn't feel like a leach.

Hyku on
    edited July 2010
    I mostly talking about the dps classes I've played (21% is a pretty big difference). Healers can be effective in almost any circumstance.

nonoffensive on
    edited July 2010
    I mostly talking about the dps classes I've played (21% is a pretty big difference). Healers can be effective in almost any circumstance.

Lol, on a 2hnder you are looking at a REAL difference of 50 damage on a hit before stat calcs... That's all.. By the end of a fight a single group heal has wiped out the difference.

I have a Choppa and Black Orc both rr60+ and I can attest to the stat differential not being huge for a tank or Melee DPS class. I can cap 975+ strength and 9k wounds on my choppa by mixing annihilator/sent, I don't have the same toughness/init/weapon-skill but those tertiary stats are only buffed in 2-5% range.. Not a massive 10-20%...

Full Sov players with orange weapons get to get 2-4 hit bonus in combat and are guaranteed to have optimized stats. Annihilator/sent/conq players have to play with their gear to stack the stats they need but can compete with ease.

It still comes down to group coordination, tanks that swap guard as needed, melee that assist on heal debuff, rds that spikes in time with heal debuff and your melee engaging and healers that can mix group heals, detaunt and spike healing to keep ppl up.

I'm not saying being rr80 doesn't net you an advantage its just not a i-win button advantage. Overtime they will post better results in DPS/Healing/Tanking, but they don't get to one shot you because their stats are 1000 times better than yours.

Getting rolled by a premade of rr60+ players in a pug isn't gear 99.999999999% of the time, its a lack of coordination meeting a team that knows exactly what they want to do and works towards it.

Hyku on
    edited July 2010

Lol, on a 2hnder you are looking at a REAL difference of 50 damage on a hit before stat calcs... That's all.. By the end of a fight a single group heal has wiped out the difference.

I have a Choppa and Black Orc both rr60+ and I can attest to the stat differential not being huge for a tank or Melee DPS class. I can cap 975+ strength and 9k wounds on my choppa by mixing annihilator/sent, I don't have the same toughness/init/weapon-skill but those tertiary stats are only buffed in 2-5% range.. Not a massive 10-20%...

Full Sov players with orange weapons get to get 2-4 hit bonus in combat and are guaranteed to have optimized stats. Annihilator/sent/conq players have to play with their gear to stack the stats they need but can compete with ease.

It still comes down to group coordination, tanks that swap guard as needed, melee that assist on heal debuff, rds that spikes in time with heal debuff and your melee engaging and healers that can mix group heals, detaunt and spike healing to keep ppl up.

I'm not saying being rr80 doesn't net you an advantage its just not a i-win button advantage. Overtime they will post better results in DPS/Healing/Tanking, but they don't get to one shot you because their stats are 1000 times better than yours.
    Getting rolled by a premade of rr60+ players in a pug isn't gear 99.999999999% of the time, its a lack of coordination meeting a team that knows exactly what they want to do and works towards it.

Many a RR80 Witch Hunter who's found my Marauder all lonely and such would like to have a word with you!

Arthil on
    edited July 2010
    Arthil wrote: »

Many a RR80 Witch Hunter who's found my Marauder all lonely and such would like to have a word with you!

To be fair, a rr40 Witch Hunter using NerfButtons, stacking positional/str tactics getting a stealthed opener and hitting on his 5 point finisher would burn you down just as quick.

WH's and WE's have a sick TTK when landing their openers/finishers and getting positionals off.

Hyku on
    edited July 2010
    I get basically the same healing scores as people gear waaaaay better than me. I'm always lower, but it's not that much lower.

You can tell when you are getting rolled by a coordinated team. At least I can tell. I'm getting silenced at range and they're killing the correct targets first with focus fire + pulling the squishy ones. If a significant fraction of the enemy team moves as one beast, while yours runs around like chickens with their heads cut off, that is why you are losing. Don't lash out at the seemingly "obvious" targets like gear, because being wrong doesn't help you win next time. Go and get some friends together on vent instead.

Morninglord on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I just got this game tonight, is there a specific server that most of guys are on?

I am definitly going to roll High Elf, having a hard time deciding what class to make

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited July 2010
    Considering the majority of us playing Destro, are you sure you want to be a target for us >:D?

Arthil on
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always liked this game when it first came out, being a squig herder and running around slowing everyone and leaving the eneamy team immobile was lots of fun. It's a shame it didn't beat WoW, honestly it was a better game, it's just that it never got enough people to make it work properly.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    edited July 2010
    I think a game that beats WoW is going to need accessible PvE. Mythic has never been able to design good PvE. I don't think they ever hired any new people that could make good PvE. They even lost some of the original DAoC guys like Matt Firor.

PQs were a great concept that coulda been a contender, but instead they gave out 3 green bags for a PQ that could take a whole group of 6. On top of that, for the first 6 months of the game, contribution bonuses were bugged so the LESS you contributed to a PQ the more likely you were to get loot. Anyone could run across your PQ and get one of your bags 5 minutes later while they were in a different zone.

Instead of having a totally new type of PvE, they just had no dungeons to run with your friends. Pile on top of that all the technical bugs MMOs have at release, and too many launch servers that spread the population too thin. They killed all their initial momentum.

nonoffensive on