As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phlegm that just won't go away!

That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So for a while now I think i've phlegm stuck in my throat but I'm not really sure that's what it is cause I try and swallow it so I can spit it out or whatever but it just kinda sticks in my throat.

I've tried taking exputex which is meant to break it down and get rid of if but that doesn't really help.

Anybody got any advice on how to deal with something like this?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
That Dave Fella on

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is this a single glob or are you talking about regularly getting phlegm in your throat?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Regularly, like throughout the day I can always feel it there and I try and get rid of it by swallowing but it doesn't do any good.

I don't smoke or anything like that.

That Dave Fella on
    edited June 2010
    Possibly post-nasal drip. Meet with a doctor if you can to document everything, but I'll put my money on saline spray and Claratin.

Improvolone on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Get an allergy test. It's that time of year for them to pop up and you can develop them later in life and out of the blue.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited June 2010
    Does it feel like you always have to swallow? I've had this for a while and am finally seeing an ENT.

Improvolone on
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I second the post nasal drip, keep a close eye on it, the mucus and irritation makes a good breeding ground for strep. I always used to get the pnd from allergies at the start of fall.

E.Coyote on
  • robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is your nose stuffy at all? Probably post-nasal drip stemming from a sinus infection. Let me tell you, sinus infections get really lame.

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
    edited June 2010
    My nose isn't really stuffy so i'm not sniffling or anything like that but yeh I do feel like I always have to swallow.

It doesn't feel as if I'm swallowing anything though so I was wondering if maybe I'm trying to swallow my tonsils :P

That Dave Fella on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    how long is a "while" because this happened to me the last time i got a cold

Raneados on
    edited June 2010
    like 2 weeks now and I'm pretty sure I don't have a cold. I don't have the sniffles or sneezing/coughing fits or anything like that.

That Dave Fella on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It could be a tonsil stone. I use to get 'em from time to time. Annoying as hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsil_stone

tardcore on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If you're worried, get a doctor to check it out.

Robman on
  • MICHAELSORAMICHAELSORA Registered User new member
    It's caused by inflamation of any number of parts in that area but known as globus, here's the wikipedia lowdown on it https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_pharyngis cheers get well soon , anti inflamatorys can help and stop the swelling causing enlarging of parts that are pressing on unusual areas, that's why it has the same alien sensation of a foreign body being there ready for swallow and digest, good luck people and peace and health to you all

This discussion has been closed.