As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SCP] ECHELON TEAM

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "I just don't seeing it being useful at this moment, if we see something I will be favour for a full force retreat to the weapons locker to re-arm.

For the time being, I say we go through moe."

Alicia takes what used to be the second on the right hallway, which would now be the second on the left? I am not good with perspective.

Melding on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn there's a lot of catching up I need to do. What's the general gist of the situation?

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Room is lame with 5 people. cool with 1. rushing into a new hallway, purple monkey dishwasher.

Melding on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dimitri hesitantly raises his hand

"Uh, if we're dealing with something, I dunno," he shrugs helplessly. "Spiritual? Wouldn't, say, iron and salt be the go-to materials right now? Easier to find and it can't hurt."

Gatsby on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I need to stop letting this go. Spoiler is for Kate/Perry/Adam/etc.
    Alicia edges down the hallway, checking her corners like Sergeant Platt told her to back in academy, before darting across the main hallway to the opposite corridor. Here, there's two doors on the left wall with about ten feet separating them. The hallway dead-ends. The rest of the team follows, almost tip-toeing in the darkness.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Oh great, Door one or two? open both and hope for the best?"

Melding on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Be careful. We want the car, not the goat."

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Alright, I'll take one, you take two. Big money! No wammy!"

Alicia readies herself at the door waiting for someone to take stance at the other.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Michel readies himself at the other. It's a little odd, seeing a scientist play action hero, but he's really into it.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "I suppose I'll go with door number 1."
    Plum moves behind Alicia.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Point taken."Michel backs off and lets Katherine take the lead.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alright, On three. One. Two. Three!"

Alicia instantly throws the door open, bringing her gun up in anticipation for anything that might be hiding.

Melding on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As you bust into the doors, you're all suddenly blinded by a bright light. When you open your eyes again, you're shocked to discover that both doors leads to a vast, open space, filled with leafy ferns and moist black soil. As you shield your eyes and crane your necks skyward, you realize you can't see any sort of ceiling. Above is a blue sky, filled with puffy white clouds floating gently on the warm breeze high above. Down below, the temperature is a balmy, tropical high and you all begin to sweat in your uniform blacks.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "This is not what i expected at all. should.. we explore?"

Melding on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Danger danger Will Robinsons and Will Robinisonettes. This is not what rooms are supposed to be like here. Shoot any cakes you see. And stick together. I'd much prefer to be fighting with you all at my side, particularly the more fighting oriented (and delightfully pretty) ladies of the group. Let's pick one door and go in that weird shit."

Perry unbuttons the top button or two of his uniform and slips a syringe out of his left sleeve and back into his pocket, rolling up the sleeves to his elbows.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Carb looks to Miles, then to Mason.

"There's a logical explanation. We might not like it, but everything has to be consistent with something, no matter how batshit it first appears."

He does his best to figure out how to access the room the others vanished into, despite the aforementioned door sodding off.

Investigator [3] : 13

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Carb, Miles, Mason, Felix, and Dimitri:
    Behind you a single light flickers on in the junction of the hallways. You look at it and Trio lets out a long, wound-up groan.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    "Danger danger Will Robinsons and Will Robinisonettes. This is not what rooms are supposed to be like here. Shoot any cakes you see. And stick together. I'd much prefer to be fighting with you all at my side, particularly the more fighting oriented (and delightfully pretty) ladies of the group. Let's pick one door and go in that weird shit."

Perry unbuttons the top button or two of his uniform and slips a syringe out of his left sleeve and back into his pocket, rolling up the sleeves to his elbows.

"Yeah, going to have to agree with the one door plan. Or the no door plan and look for a place that leads to reality instead of the amazon."

Melding on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Carb, Miles, Mason, Felix, and Dimitri:
    Behind you a single light flickers on in the junction of the hallways. You look at it and Trio lets out a long, wound-up groan.

"Alright in all serious, anybody got any bright ideas?"

"We've been here long enough to know SCP deals with...strange stuff...and now we've got half echelon just straight up disappearing into a wall. The resources we have at our disposal, half the tech team and half the security team. A couple flash lights and pistols."

"Mall security guards are currently better equipped then us. Now, we don't have access to the armory and the power seems...indeterminate."

As felix begins speechifying he paces back and forth between the small group, trying his best to settle his nerves. By burying himself in the details and trying to do his job he hopes he can distract himself from the present situation.

"We've already been conveniently split up into our own little scooby teams, I vote we try to head on out of here and get some help, or at the very least head to one of the labs and pray we can get a hold anything that could help us."

"Spectrum Analyzers, infrared goggles, Party-size snickers. Pretty much anything the labs have to offer. Unless of course the lab doors are locked too, in which case I vote we run, run like hell, until an adult finds us."

Felix grows a pair, and tries to formulate a plan.

Fedora on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    "I could use a Snickers. Let's go. Maybe we'll run into someone."

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Felix and Miles head towards the labs, hand in hand. Skipping and giggling all the way.

Edit: Felix and Miles head towards the labs, solemn and serious.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the delay guys.
    You walk down the hall back towards the single light. The rest of the (remaining) team follows. As soon as you enter the circle of illumination it provides, the darkness around you intensifies. Your flashlights' beams seem to bounce clean off of it, almost like a wall. You huddle together instinctively.

Give me some perception checks, guys.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Miles squints against the darkness.

Perception - 5

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Melding wrote: »

"Yeah, going to have to agree with the one door plan. Or the no door plan and look for a place that leads to reality instead of the amazon."
    "Fuck running away. This whatever the fuck is happening to us is in the amazon, we go to the fuckin' amazon. I say we all go in the left door right now, all at once, and end things."

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "I spy with my little eye, something that begins with Oppressive never ending darkness."

Felix can't see a damned thing.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2576802/

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "There's going to be some answers through this door. I say we take Perry's advice."

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

"Fuck running away. This whatever the fuck is happening to us is in the amazon, we go to the fuckin' amazon. I say we all go in the left door right now, all at once, and end things."
    "I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Mr. Peregrine. We aren't going to gain anything by running away. Besides, I'm curious."

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

"alright fine. Count of three again?"

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I believe we have opened the doors but have not gone through.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Butler is correct.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Let's go through the looking glass." Michel walks through the left door.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Let's do this then." Alica already having her gun at the ready steps through the door surveying the area making sure the coast is clear.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    'Nothing left to say, I suppose." Plum follows Alicia, but he's more on the lookout for anything of scholarly interest than for danger.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Alright bitch, time to come out and play."

Perry walks through the left door, slipping his gone out of his holster as he does.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Kate, Perry, etc.:
    As you step through the door, you suddenly realize how hot it truly is. The tropical warmth crushes you and makes it hard to breath. You instantly begin sweating and wish that SCP would have issued you shorts and flip-flops. You turn and examine the door. It's embedded in the side of an enormous tree with broad, leafy fronds. Warm water drips down from the upper branches on your heads. There is roughly a hundred feet of open ground around the tree and then a thick, dark jungle tangles in on itself.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Son of a bitch is it hot."

Perry rolls up his pant legs as best as he can and fully unbuttons his shirt.

"Alright folks, best as I see it we just gotta go for it. There's no real path, but at least the door back is still here. Stick together, and be on guard for any freaky shit, sound good? Anyone want to take leader here walking around aimlessly?"

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Well... I wasn't expecting this. Any way of marking our trail?"

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Anyone have a knife or something? we can leave marks in the trees or something?"

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Assuming this is some sort of illusion, I'm not sure how much that would help. Whatever or whoever is controlling this can most likely alter the environment at will. If it wants us to get lost, we're lost."

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "There has to be a way to break the illusion, though... Everybody, look for contradictions, oddities, etc."

Butler For Life #1 on