As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I'm watching the colbert report

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i'm always a little surprised when people outside of the US talk about these shows

they seem like they wouldn't much appeal to anyone but americans

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    Ok, really guys, picking who is better between Colbert and Stewart is like deciding would you like a blowjob and then to be given a million dollars, or to be given a million dollars and then a blowjob.

not particularly

colbert has far less new york jew in him

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Love Stewbeef, love Colbert, wondering whether the Jon Oliver show will be worth watching.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i'm always a little surprised when people outside of the US talk about these shows

Anything that points out how crap America can get is fine by me

Jintor on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Larlar wrote: »
    saluksic wrote: »
    Stewart and Colbert are two different flavors. I like them both very much, but I can have a hard time with Stewart laughing at his own jokes and not letting people speak in interviews.

Did you just complain about Stewart not letting people speak in interviews in comparison to Colbert?

OPINION VOIDED

Oh God, I know.

That said, I do like the Colbert Report.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've met a man who takes everything said on the Colbert Report at face value

He doesn't understand sarcasm

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i've met a couple of those

it's just kind of sad

satansfingers on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    John Oliver show? Is it going to be newsy like the others, or what?

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    While i dont usually like colbert's interviews, his fake interview that are held in a set somewhere are usually fucking hilarious

ronzo on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stewart and Colbert are two different flavors. I like them both very much, but I can have a hard time with Stewart laughing at his own jokes and not letting people speak in interviews.

Did you just complain about Stewart not letting people speak in interviews in comparison to Colbert?

OPINION VOIDED

Stewart is an incredibly self-centered interviewer.
    Colbert has an excuse to be a narcissistic blowhard, and he still does a better job of getting the guest's message out there.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know where you're getting the self-centered from, it feels very much like he's just trying to understand his guest's position better (when you're talking about arguementive interviews)

Jintor on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    I don't know where you're getting the self-centered from, it feels very much like he's just trying to understand his guest's position better (when you're talking about arguementive interviews)

There was an interview with Tony Blair I think it was where he just talked about what he thought about Iraq the whole time, and refused to let Blair even say anything.

Personally I really prefer Colbert's style of needling somebody he likes into answering stupid questions in a smart way over Stewart whining to famous people he doesn't agree with.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The only Colbert interviews I love are his Better Know a District-style ones

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

doesn't literally suck them off

Nartwak on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nailed 'Em is awesome.

Jon has been way too preachy lately. Don't get me wrong, he can be really funny, while being preachy. But lately it has been less funny, more preachy.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    know who's a bunch of people that allow their preachyness and guffawing smirks to really hurt what they're trying to do?

The Young Turks

Raneados on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    All of Colbert's pre-recorded bits are pure gold

like when he went to the spy museum

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    sunday school teacher with a foul mouth who once threw anal beads in to the audience

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Stewart has some interviews where he talks lots, and then he has lots of interviews where he can barely get a word in the entire time. Sometimes he goes too easy on his guests, but then again it's probably hard enough booking that many celebrities and powerful public figures for a ten minute interview that will air at 11:00pm on a weekday night without them being terribly worried about what they might have to answer to.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Anything that points out how crap America can get is fine by me

basically yeah
    Nailed 'Em is awesome.

Jon has been way too preachy lately. Don't get me wrong, he can be really funny, while being preachy. But lately it has been less funny, more preachy.

he's also been doing the 'common sense is always right' sort of thing which has been annoying me, especially with respect to economic matters and the oil spill

I know it's mostly facetious, but it's still really annoying. Dealing with a broken pipe a kilometre and a half under the sea is not common sense stuff.

L|ama on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    I just don't get it! Is it supposed to be funny? Are you supposed to care about the annoying characters? Where's the appeal?

I was questioning why I was watching it too

until the part where
    the boys drown in the river
    then it had its hooks in me and I was enthralled.

no you watch that movie mainly for the cinematography

Tam on
  • Options
    [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This clip might be my favorite from the Colbert Report

[Michael] on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tonight's Daily Show and the Colbert Report up to the interview were pretty great

Maybe the interview was good too but I just wandered over here

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    I've met a man who takes everything said on the Colbert Report at face value

He doesn't understand sarcasm

It is always astounds me when i realize people like this exist.

How the fuck?

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is still my favorite Jon Stewart moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

NotASenator on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »

There was an interview with Tony Blair I think it was where he just talked about what he thought about Iraq the whole time, and refused to let Blair even say anything.

Personally I really prefer Colbert's style of needling somebody he likes into answering stupid questions in a smart way over Stewart whining to famous people he doesn't agree with.

Yeah he's more fair with non-famous people he disagrees with but sometimes it's ok like when he basically told Chris Matthews his book was a shitty rip-off of The Prince.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »

OPINION VOIDED

Stewart is an incredibly self-centered interviewer.
    Colbert has an excuse to be a narcissistic blowhard, and he still does a better job of getting the guest's message out there.

This is pretty much what meant. Colbert makes no attempt to be serious in his interviews, so if he cuts people off or acts silly he's doing it in character. I think that's funny. Stewart sometimes tries to be preachy and stand up for justice and all that, and gets too serious on a satire show.

That being said, I love both shows, and the interviews are quite often entertaining and informative.

Also, what's this about Jon Oliver?

saluksic on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That clip was pretty awesome.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oliva Munn was on the daily show a couple days ago. Is she a new correspondent?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Who is Oliva Munn?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Who is Oliva Munn?

I think he was a body builder.

Rinder on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    According to the D&D TDS/TCR thread, she's known for being on G4. "Attack of the show" or some shit? I dunno, I've never watched it, but apparently they'd use her at least once a week doing something overtly sexual and played up the eye-candy aspect.

She didn't wow me, but I didn't feel the bit was terrible either. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more segments to see if she can find her groove in the show.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    A Bing search for her brings back mostly scantily clad pictures of her laying on couches.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's more or less why people care about her beyond her playing of the video games

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's a person out there that uses Bing?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's the default search engine in Explorer now, so... probably?

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    People still use Explorer?

Butters on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's the default browser for Windows, so... probably?

Ruckus on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's not a fight I intend to pick with my IT department, above and beyond the fact it would require drawing attention to myself and my web usage.

If anyone ever checks how much time I spend per day on the forums (while doing other things, I swear!), I'd be joining the "Seeking employment" thread so fast...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!