Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] The Haunting of Kincep Mansion - What Dwells in Yonder Stable?

1234568

Posts

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ronen walks towards the Gith Seeker.

    Reminding himself of the stray arrow the Seeker shot to the Swordmage, he readies his fist, and tries to punch Daig.

    Unfortunately, Daig dodged the blow, just as he was busy inspecting the wolves.

    Daig tears off a piece of fur, and smells it first, before licking it. "Still fresh, someone just killed these wolves..."

    "Well of course they're killed! We killed them!" Ronen retorts, all the while looking around embarrasingly, hoping that no-one saw his missed punch.

    Sensing no one saw it, Ronen regains some composure.

    "The two 'bosses' is what rarely concerns me. It's the escaped one that concerns me. No doubt he, or it, will tip off the bandits, monsters, or whatever there is about our presence. We should be more careful from now on."


    Ronen walks to a nearby wolf corpse, and as though to emphasize his next statement, thrust his giant sword through the corpse.

    "And this time... we leave no survivors!"

    !Ready

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Moon Frenzy is staggered like so.

    The target is cured.
    ^
    \/
    Initial Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to Will defense.
    ^
    \/
    While bloodied, the target must make a saving throw at the end of each turn. If the saving throw fails, the target makes a melee attack on its next turn against a random target within 5 squares of it.
    If no targets are within 5 squares, it does nothing but move in a randomly chosen direction.
    ^
    \/
    Final State The target attacks the nearest creature in its line of sight. If it can't see any other creatures, it does nothing but move in a randomly chosen direction.

    You make a endurance check or someone can make a heal check at the end of an extended rest.

    DC 19 or lower: The condition worsens and you move down one step.
    DC 20: You remain stable and stay at the step you are currently on.
    DC 24: Condition improves, move up one step.

    Ready up and we'll get start heading up towards the mansion.

  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Krikkit leaned on his staff. "Let us go. It is said that forward is the only direction you can go if you want to see where you are going, unless you have eyes in weird places." The kobold ground his teeth. "Also, I have a strange desire to bite our enemies."

    !Ready

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Having finally separated the skin from its former owner, the Gnome tried to don it as a cloak with a suitably dramatic sweeping gesture. Unfortunately, the frankly excessive volume of the thing got caught up in the under-brush, spoiling the effect.
    After a cuple more half-hearted attempts, he gave up and folded the thing neatly into his pack, saying, almost to himself; "there goes that idea. But I guess we're all too little to pull off the big doggie look, right?"

    How much does a folded wolfskin weigh, anyway?
    Also, do you think we could use the scent of these pelts to sneak up on any others we might find?

    Anyway, !Ready

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    !Ready

    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not too concerned about weight. It's slightly more than a blanket of about the same size though.

    The orchard leads up towards the mansion and you crest the hill a quarter of an hour after dispatching the wolves. The mansion and it's immediate surrounds are mostly clear of the tangled overgrowth, though this has done no favours to the building itself. The wooden roof sags in places, while the hedges lining the building have begun to creep their way up the walls and patio.

    The stoned area ringing a large tree in front is home to some incredibly ugly gargoyle statues and to your right a barn and set of stables run adjacent to the mansion.

  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daig easily dodges Ronen's clumsy punch. "Simmer down, Ringo. It's strictly a numbers game, they're were a ton of them and one of you. If I'm in a position to drop several enemies but there's also chance you might catch an arrow...then guess what's gonna happen every time. Besides, I warned you to think happy thoughts AND Gesto managed to avoid being hit. Sounds like someone just had their head up their..." at that moment Daig was sidetracked and amused by the sight of the Gnome trying to wear the wolf like a cape.

    ...
    The orchard leads up towards the mansion and you crest the hill a quarter of an hour after dispatching the wolves. The mansion and it's immediate surrounds are mostly clear of the tangled overgrowth, though this has done no favours to the building itself. The wooden roof sags in places, while the hedges lining the building have begun to creep their way up the walls and patio.

    The stoned area ringing a large tree in front is home to some incredibly ugly gargoyle statues and to your right a barn and set of stables run adjacent to the mansion.

    "Barns...wolves like barns. Or is that horses? No, definitely wolves. You want me and Kingpin to check it out?" Daig says to the group. He glances over at Krikkit, "Stop looking at me like I'm a side of meat...startin' to freak me out."

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Krikkit shook his head, retracting his lolling tongue back into his mouth. "Sorry, Digeridoo. It is said that one should not freak out one's friends. I am shamed to have done so."

    "If you are ready to prowl the shadows again, Sifu Digeridoo, then I am as well."

  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gathering the hide and the wolf teeth from the carcass Foghorn hastily hastily pushes the still dripping hide in his backpack and throws the teeth in. He gets up strikes a pose and :
    " Adventure Onward brave heroes, let us defeat the evil monsters that hide in the darkness for what is holy in these lands - Gold. Get it?"

    The orchard leads up towards the mansion and you crest the hill a quarter of an hour after dispatching the wolves. The mansion and it's immediate surrounds are mostly clear of the tangled overgrowth, though this has done no favours to the building itself. The wooden roof sags in places, while the hedges lining the building have begun to creep their way up the walls and patio.

    The stoned area ringing a large tree in front is home to some incredibly ugly gargoyle statues and to your right a barn and set of stables run adjacent to the mansion.
    Foghorn eyes the place scanning for something worth steali- i mean borrowing without knowledge of the previous owner.

    Perception - 1d20+9: 17

    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nothing really leaps to mind. The gargoyles look too heavy to lift and everything else is rather worn down. Any valuables would have to be somewhere sheltered.

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ronen nods at Daig's proposal.

    "Indeed, though I doubt wolves would use stables..." The Deva stops mid-sentence.

    "Scratch that last part. Judging by the size of those wolves we fought earlier, a stable would probably be the best place to house those pesky vermin. No offense to present company." Ronen replies, as he looks down at the Kobold monk.

    "I'd suggest you take the lizard man, and check out the stables. If the wolf boss, or any other wolves, are there, we finish them off. If there are horses, I say we get rid of them as well. Would give the bandits some difficulty in running away if the're not any horses for them to escape with..."

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So consensus is the stables then?

  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TO THE STABLES !

    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sneakily to the stables!

    Are me and Krikkit advance scouting this? If so

    Perception: 23
    Stealth: 36

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stables it is!

    If Digeridoo and Kingpin are going on a mission, then these are Kingpin's rolls:

    Stealth: 25
    Perception: 23

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Gnome will follow about 20-30 feet behind, as quietly as he's able:

    Stealth: 22
    Perception: 22

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Foghorn will be behind the gnome being as stealthy as he can be. He is foghorn after all.


    Stealth - 17

    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ronen sneaks past the Kenku, even so much as to sneak past most of them (with the exception of the seeker himself).

    It seems watching Daig and Krikkit do it previously paid off somehow...

    Stealth Check: 26 BAM! Natural 20!
    I'll use my Passive Perception for this: 21

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You open the suprisingly well-oiled doors leading to the stables and creep inside, suprising.........no one.

    While the door has been well maintained, the interior has deteriorated over time and the smell of mildew and stale straw permeates the air. The stable is split into two parts, horse stalls make up the majority of right hand side of the building, then larger stalls along the back wall. In one of these a horse drawn carriage sits, listing to one side.

    A door to the west leads into the mansion proper.

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ronen eyes the empty stables. Something didn't feel right. If highwaymen were using the mansion as their base of operations, it would make sense to have horses in the stables. But where were they?

    "I have a bad feeling about this..." Ronen whispers to the group.

    He walks carefully, walking deeper within the stables, his blade firmly gripped between his two hands. If something was going to jump them, he was certain to be ready for the attack...

    I'll walk deeper into the stables. I also prepare an action, should something (whether good or bad, or even wolfy) jump me.

    Weapon Drawn
    Prepare an Action: Basic Melee Attack on the first target that jumps and attacks me.

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daig watched as Ronen crept further into the stables. The stables were too enclosed for Daig's liking. The group would be tripping over each other if it all hit the fan in here. Following the Deva's lead, Daig notched an arrow and drew it halfway back, ready to lift the bow and fire if need be. He broke from Ronen's steps and went to take a closer look at the carriage.

    Perception on Carriage: 37

    Ready a Ranged Basic Attack on the first hostile thing that moves (or cat or whatever)

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ummm... Ronen's a Deva, not a Genasi! :P

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Some people...so picky about their race, geez! For some reason Genasi just felt right while I was typing that.

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I mentally had Tiamat pegged as a shardmind for the longest time for some reason.

    I don't know!


    Something odd struck Daig about the carriage, dilapidated as it was. Ronen and Daig advance further into the stable towards it. The carriage while clearly of antiquated manufacture is still well maintained, no signs of cobwebs or the creep of rust can been seen.

    Just meters from the carriage Daig realises what seemed so odd from a distance....the shutters on the lanterns attached to the front of the carriage flutter slightly, flickers of light faintly visible. As he moves to warn Ronen the carriage roars to life, the shutters lifting fully open and fiery light shimmers forth as the carriage comes to life and the wooden gates in front of it swing open!

    Okay, so Smoove and Tiamatz each get your basic attacks before the carriage rolls out.

    It has AC 25; Fortitude 28, Reflex 22, Will 22.

  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ronen gasps at the sudden inanimate object stirring in front of them. It was only thanks to Daig that Ronen managed to spot the sudden arousal of the carriage, that Ronen swung his blade, bashing out a hefty piece of wood out of the entity before muttering to himself.

    "The Nine Hells? First bloodthirsty mongrels, now an overgrown piece of firewood! What's next?!"

    MBA on Carriage: 34 Hit!
    Damage: 19

    Initiative (Just for in case): 27

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    As the carriage roared to life, Daig was taken aback for a moment. Gathering himself quickly he loosed the arrow he had readied towards the animated object.
    Grappling Spirits (can be used as RBA)
    Wis v Ac
    1d20+17 = 33 hit
    1d12+10 = 22 Damage
    Target is slowed and cannot and cannot shift until EO(Carriage's)NT

    As the arrow flies it forms into a large barbed net that stretches over the front of the carriage. "I knew it. Stable is the natural habitat of the common house devil-carriage..." Daig spit on the ground as he said it, accidentally hitting his own shoe, but not seeming to notice.
    Initiative:
    Also, Daig Crit his initiative 35

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Free action: Ka-Bump!
    Heck, I'll even throw in an Initiative Roll: 23

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Krikkit assumes the stance of the Surprised Mongoose, wheeling to face the oncoming carriage.

    Initiative: 30

  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Foghorn readies himself preparing for the painful pain that will soon come. He shudders at the thought.



    Initiative - 21

    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've started a new job!

    Which is a little bit more intense than my last one!

    So I'm sorry for the wait on the update, between the job and some other things that cropped up I've been rather busy.


    The carriage creaks and pitches back on it's rear wheels before slamming down into Ronen's head sending him flying backwards while shaking his head to clear it. The rest of the group turns at the noise and move further into the gloom of the barn. While slowed by Daig's new, neither of their attacks seem to inflict serious damage to the carriage

    Gaston starts at the rattling and tries to make out what is happening in the darkness. "Quickly, to their aid! What manner of beast makes this barn it's lair? The hunt is on!" Before dashing off into the darkness.
    Carriage 'O Doom
    Standard action: Slam Ronen twice.
    Attack roll 1: 1d20+15 vs AC = 35. Crit!
    Damage roll: 3d6+6 = 24 damage.
    Attack roll 2: 1d20+15 vs AC = 27. Miss.

    Movement action: Move to K11.

    The area within five squares of the doors is in dim light, it falls into darkness past there as the stable has no windows. (concealment to the carriage and any characters deep enough into the barn) . The carriage also has Resist 5 to all damage it receieves.

    Stats:
    Ronen
    HP: 80/104
    AC 28; Fort 21; Reflex 23; Will 22
    Surges: 8/9

    Foghorn
    HP: 83/83
    AC 25; Fort 19; Reflex 20; Will 23

    Daig
    HP: 81/81
    AC 26; Fort 20; Reflex 25; Will 24

    Krikkit
    HP: 80/83 Moon Frenzy (-2 Will)
    AC 29; Fort 27; Reflex 28; Will 27
    9/10
    Resist 5 Fire, +2 AC with CA against the target, +1 AC from At Will Movements.
    DC 19 or lower: The condition worsens and you move down one step.
    DC 20: You remain stable and stay at the step you are currently on.
    DC 24: Condition improves, move up one step.

    The target is cured.
    ^
    \/
    Initial Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to Will defense.
    ^
    \/
    While bloodied, the target must make a saving throw at the end of each turn. If the saving throw fails, the target makes a melee attack on its next turn against a random target within 5 squares of it.
    If no targets are within 5 squares, it does nothing but move in a randomly chosen direction.
    ^
    \/
    Final State The target attacks the nearest creature in its line of sight. If it can't see any other creatures, it does nothing but move in a randomly chosen direction.

    You make a endurance check or someone can make a heal check at the end of an extended rest.

    The Gnome
    HP: 84/95
    AC 27; Fort 27; Reflex 24; Will 23
    Surges

    Gaston
    HP: 98
    AC: 29 Fort: 29 Reflex: 29 Will: 24
    Surges: 2 Surge Value: 24

    Animated Carriage
    HP 734/765
    AC 25; Fortitude 28, Reflex 22, Will 22
    Immune disease, poison, sleep; Resist 5 to all damage
    Saving Throws +5

    Map:
    Stables-Round1.jpg

    Area Features:
    Illumination: The stable has no windows. The open double doors provide dim light with a radius of 5 squares.

    Ceilings: The ceilings are 18 feet high, except in the loft (see below).

    Doors: The western door is as stout as the exterior doors on the southern wall.

    Ladders: These lead up 12 feet to the loft. It takes a DC 0 Athletics check to climb a ladder.

    Loft: A storage area for hay and straw runs along the west and north walls; the dotted line on the map shows the loft’s edges. The loft’s floor is 12 feet up, and its ceiling is 10 feet above that. Two ladders give access to the loft. The loft’s wooden floor has a break DC of 25.

    Walls: Most of the interior walls are 10 feet high. The 5-foot-long section that fronts each stall is only 4 feet high, however, which allows most characters to reach over it. A character standing behind one of these low walls has cover. The walls of the stalls are wooden, about 3 inches thick.

    Who's up: Ronen, Krikkit, Foghorn, Daig, The Gnome On Deck: Carriage 'o Doom!

  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Foghorn arms his crossbow grinning widely and stating loudly:
    " Looks like we're in a carriage of trouble boys! Get it?"

    Standard action - Entangling opening - 1d20+17: 31Hit! 15 Damage First time it's hit before the end of my next turn the carriage falls prone.
    Move action - Move to d10
    Ready Chord of resilience - An ally gets 11 damage less from an attack.

    Ronen, Krikkit, Daig, The Gnome

    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    "Enough jokes, birdman! This thing looks like it could take a pounding! Brace yourselves!" Ronen cries out to Foghorn, all the while lashing out on the contraption with the arcane strings he leashed the wolves before.

    Ronen utters more arcane sentences, enveloping his weapon with fire. He brings his sword down on the...thing, and bashes out a hefty chunk of the carriage. The blow was enough to momenterality halt the wooden contraption in it's tracks. Ronen eyes his opponent, honestly surprised that he's fighting an inanimate object at the time. Sure, he has slain warforged soldiers, iron cobras, and even a clockwork dragon. But he has never fought against a possessed carriage before.

    Ronen grins.
    Minor Action: Aegis of Assault on Carriage (the carriage is marked)

    Standard Action: Blazing Pursuit on Carriage
    Attack roll: 37 vs AC CRITICAL HIT!
    Hit: 1[W] + 5 fire damage + 2d6 (Weapon crit) + 2[W] damage (High Crit value)
    Values: 19 fire damage + 9 damage + 5 damage
    Total: 33 - 5 = 28 damage, and the carriage falls prone due to Foghorn's Entangling Opening.

    Blazing Pursuit: If the carriage ends it's turn within 5 squares of me, I teleport adjacent to it.
    Prepare my immediate interrupt: Prescient Defense when the Carriage attacks me (gain a +2 bonus to all my defenses against the attack)

    Summary:
    Mark the Carriage
    Ronen smacks the wooden...thing badly
    Ronen knocks it prone.
    Prepare my Defenses againsst the incoming retribution.
    ????
    Profit

    The Gnome, Daig, Krikkit

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Kelor, think I could use Drunken Monkey to get the carriage to hit itself? The text doesn't stipulate that the target is "another" enemy:

    Hit: 1d8 + Dexterity modifier damage, and you slide the target 1 square. The target then makes a melee basic attack as a free action against one enemy of your choice. The target gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to your Wisdom modifier.

  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Since the attack doesn't specify a target other than itself I'm going to say yeah, go wild.

  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is a distinct possibility that I am missing them on the map, but where are the ladders? The loft seems like the kinda place Daig would want to be, "Death from above" and all that. Also, do I have to roll a check (ATH or Acro or NotFat) every turn to avoid falling through?

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Krikkit utters a high-pitched "HA!" as he snaps his arms into a strong stance, then launches himself across the room. The monk seems to weave drunkenly as he careens past the Gnome, Daig, and Ronen, but every stumble gracefully rights itself and dodges against incoming attacks from the carriage.

    The kobold levies a barrage of strikes against his wooden foe, rocking the demon carriage back and forth. When the thing tries to counterattack, it only succeeds in bashing against its own wheels. Krikkit clapped with glee. "As the great philosopher once asked, 'why are you hitting yourself? why are you hitting yourself?'"

    Krikkit struck the carriage again, but he barely dented the wood. "Just need to find where the... pressure points are," mumbled the monk, as he thought through the implications of carriage anatomy. He shook his little fists, rubbing his knuckles. "It is said among the wise that when one strikes against wood, it's going to hurt a lot and will probably give you a splinter."
    Minor: Harmonious Discipline. Krikkit gains 4 temporary hit points.
    Move: Drunken Monkey movement technique to L9. During the move, Krikkit has 36 AC against the carriage's opportunity attack and a +4 bonus to his non-AC defenses.
    Standard: Drunken Monkey vs. Carriage 'O' Doom: 1d20+17=23, hit! for 10 damage. The Carriage is slid one square to the right and makes a basic attack against itself.
    Free: Centered Breath Flurry of Blows. The Carriage 'O' Doom takes 1 (oh, it hurts!) damage and is slid one square back left, so no net change in its position.

    Summary:
    Carriage is where it was and is at 685/765. As far as I know it's still prone; it grants CA to Krikkit until the end of Krikkit's next turn. Also, it needs to smack itself.

    Krikkit is at L9 and has 80/83 (4) HP. He has +1 AC for using a movement technique and +2 AC for having CA against yon carriage. He provoked an OA from the carriage, but he had 36 AC agains it, so I think the carriage would need to crit him in order to hit (now I have tempted fate).

  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is a distinct possibility that I am missing them on the map, but where are the ladders? The loft seems like the kinda place Daig would want to be, "Death from above" and all that. Also, do I have to roll a check (ATH or Acro or NotFat) every turn to avoid falling through?

    Whoops, my mistake.

    F10 and C4 are the ladders.

    It basically looks out over the center-left area.

  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wouldja like me to roll the cart attacking itself and/or the opportunity attack against Krikkit, Kelor?

  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You can roll for Opportunity Attacks. It's a 3d6+6 melee basic attack.

    It makes your anguish all the sweeter when you miss or roll low.

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    OK, while we wait for that...

    With an exultant shout, the Gnome once again lowered his head and charged the construct...unfortunately, he manage to duck too low and passed just under the cart's wheels. Realising his error, he immediately stepped back and, screaming his rage to the heavens, but was only able to scorch the things wheel hub. As his blade flashed against the machine, though, his wounds began to close as though burnt off...

    Melee Basic Charge Attack vs Cart's AC: 1d20+16 25 1d8+8+6+1d6 24
    Action point:Silver Phoenix Rage vs AC: 1d20+15 19 2d8+8+4 22
    Deals half damage for missing. (I can never remember whether you take resistance off first then halve damage or the other way around)

    The Gnome is at J9
    The Gnome has entered the Rage of the Silver Phoenix and has Regeneration 3
    The Gnome is preparing two responses to attacks: if the cart attacks him and misses, he will use loss of will to inflict a further -4 to hit against the Gnome until EoE; if the cart hits him, he will use Curtain of Steel (and miss unless someone does something about the cart's AC).
    The Gnome now also has 29AC because of charging, and is on 87HP thanks to regeneration.

    Dammit! Not one roll over ten.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
Sign In or Register to comment.