As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Preparing a Fedex Shipment

rocketshipreadyrocketshipready Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just finished a big bike trip, and now I need to get my bicycle back home! I took it to a bike store to get it boxed up, and the guy said that if he didn't finish by the time I left, just get FedEx shipment out of the store for it. He has regular deliveries and pickups.

So, what I do is go to FedEx, make a little account, make a label shipping from the bike store to my house with the proper dimensions/weight, and then just email it to him and the FedEx guy should pick it up? It seems right, but I just want to make sure since I've never really done this before. Thanks!

rocketshipready on

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Record the Tracking number/Door Tag from the FedEx label too, and if the bike store says there's a problem with your slip, and they made up a new one, make sure you get the Tracking Number/Door Tag from that one. Record your bike's serial number if you haven't already, and get it insured by FedEx. Take pictures before it's packaged.

My friend did a race in BC about three weeks ago, packed up her $6000 bike into it's case and took the bus back home. About 1/3 of the way across Canada, the bike was taken off her bus and put back on to the wrong one, and since it was being carried as her "Luggage" for her bus trip, the company was only going to honor a limited amount of the value (like $250 I think). Luckily they ended up tracking it down and getting it back to her, last weekend, and about a week before she was supposed to go race again.

Ruckus on