Options

[Chat] Blaster

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    You will make up the cost you would spend on batteries in like 2 months if you play it regularly.

hee hee hee

play the wii regularly

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My sister's family has one of these:

3862fc4820izer-1.jpg

It's an induction charger, just lay the remote on the pad and it will charge. It's got little magnets in it to click it in the right position.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like how the PS3 controllers recharge while connected to the console. When one runs out of juice on wireless, I just swap it with another one and connect the juiced out one.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    You will make up the cost you would spend on batteries in like 2 months if you play it regularly.

hee hee hee

play the wii regularly

:(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Feral wrote: »

3862fc4820izer-1.jpg

It's an induction charger, just lay the remote on the pad and it will charge. It's got little magnets in it to click it in the right position.

Is it magic?

_J_ on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like how the PS3 controllers recharge while connected to the console. When one runs out of juice on wireless, I just swap it with another one and connect the juiced out one.

I can understand how that might be attractive, but I personally want fewer cables in my life, not more.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hate batteries so much that I still rock a wired mouse.

although most wireless mice probably have chargers these days. I should look into that.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

3862fc4820izer-1.jpg

Is it magic?

Nope, they use induction. Sorry, _J_, they don't make deduction chargers.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

hee hee hee

play the wii regularly

get it becuase there are no good games

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I hate batteries so much that I still rock a wired mouse.

although most wireless mice probably have chargers these days. I should look into that.

I like my Logitech Revolution a ton, but it's too heavy for Starcraft. :(

Feral on

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

3862fc4820izer-1.jpg

That's pretty cool.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also the problem I have with wireless mice is you have to remember to always put them back into the charger, and, if you forget, then the only time you'll notice is when you actually want to use your computer.

I use the same logic as to why one should always keep, minimum, two jars of frequently used spreads in the cupboard. Because most likely, you don't notice you've run out till you actually want some, or are in the middle of using a substantial amount.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

hee hee hee

play the wii regularly

get it becuase there are no good games

Now I have to destroy you.

Why, skippy? Why did you have to be so foolish?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I can understand how that might be attractive, but I personally want fewer cables in my life, not more.

I know what you mean, but I don't use a controller that's hooked up, so I'm still playing wirelessly.

I just love not having to purchase anything extra just to keep my controller operational.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    hi ELM I have not seen you recently

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There just are not enough games I want to play on the Wii to justify me buying one. I mean, No More Heroes looks like it is fun, but other than that I can't really think of any Wii games that make me want to buy the system.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

3862fc4820izer-1.jpg

Is it magic?

Nope, they use induction. Sorry, _J_, they don't make deduction chargers.

Damn them!

edit: Your post made me lol a lot.

_J_ on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    hi ELM I have not seen you recently

Wait really? Coz I'm here a lot.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh man you guys. Sea salt iced coffees.

How did I go this long without having one?

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Your post made me lol a lot.

:winky:

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Boy howdy, Cote de Pablo is a goddess.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    desc wrote: »

Salt in coffee?

_J_ on
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    There just are not enough games I want to play on the Wii to justify me buying one. I mean, No More Heroes looks like it is fun, but other than that I can't really think of any Wii games that make me want to buy the system.
    Honestly, I use it for Gamecube games mostly, Virtual Console often, and Wii games verrrry rarely. But I've still gotten my money's worth out of it, imo.

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Plus I worked Retail during 2008 Christmas season where it was impossible to find one and everyone wanted one. Basically I hate the Wii for putting me through that shit.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dwarf Fortress is the greatest.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Salt in coffee?

This 85c place by my work does them. They use sea salt in the foam or somesuch, but the flavor doesn't register as salty at all. Whatever salt is present just serves to trick your tongue and tone the acid flavors of the coffee down to nonexistence. The coffee just has this smoky, nutty, creamy sort of taste, not at all pinched like cheap hot coffees.

Oh man why did I go there? I swore off constant lunches and coffees to be all budget conscious.

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Salt in coffee?

This 85c place by my work does them. They use sea salt in the foam or somesuch, but the flavor doesn't register as salty at all. Whatever salt is present just serves to trick your tongue and tone the acid flavors of the coffee down to nonexistence. The coffee just has this smoky, nutty, creamy sort of taste, not at all pinched like cheap hot coffees.

Oh man why did I go there? I swore off constant lunches and coffees to be all budget conscious.

that sounds delicious.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    that sounds delicious.

It's a tiny coffee/pastry shop in the officey part of Irvine and it has 1009 reviews on yelp. It is so much tastier than expected. Wow. I could drink these forever.

desc on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Salt is a flavor "enhancer" in small doses. When you over salt something is when you start tasting it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Why is Starcraft 2 beta over? *cries*

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Why is Starcraft 2 beta over? *cries*

this is me holding you close

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    chu, did you sleep again?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    chu, did you sleep again?

no i went for an unacceptably long walk

Organichu on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm anyone remember a feminism/women-in-games thread (or something of the like) a few weeks back? It got locked pretty quickly after the creator deleted the OP because people went apeshit or something.

Anyway, whoever created that thread posted some link to a pretty interesting article about privilege. About how a privileged group will often try to avert attention back to them. Like white men going "Where is White History Month? huh?" whenever Black History Month rolls around since they can't stand the unprivileged group receiving attention. Anyone remember the name of the article or happened save the link?

EDIT: Found it.

Sparvy on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No, seriously what the fuck is wrong with this country?
    School officials have threatened a hearing-impaired girl with suspension if she uses sign language to talk to her friends on the school bus, the girl's parents say.

Danica Lesko and her parents say sign language is the only way to for the 12-year-old to communicate, especially while riding to school on a noisy bus.

But officials at Stonybrook School — which is not a school for the hearing-impaired — and district officials in Branchburg, N.J., apparently believe signing is a safety hazard. They have sent a letter to the Lesko family ordering Danica to stop using sign language on the school bus or risk a three-day suspension.

The March 30 letter from her principal that said Danica was "doing sign language after being told it wasn't allowed on the bus."

The Leskos may file a lawsuit over the sign language ban, claiming officials are violating Danica's civil rights and violating the Americans with Disabilities Act.

"She has a hearing problem, and now she's being punished for using sign language," Mary Ann Lesko, Danica's mother, told The Star-Ledger of Newark. "It's absurd."

Danica's parents told the paper that other students who rode to school with their daughter made fun of her, and refused to stay in their seats as they teased other girls who were using sign language. They said school officials are singling out Danica and not addressing those who should really be reprimanded.

Schools Officials: Safety First

In a statement released through the school district's attorney, David Rubin, the Branchburg Board of Education refused to discuss the details of Danica's case, saying only that its version of events differs from the parents' version.

However, the board insisted it has not violated anyone's rights and is only trying to protect other students who must ride on the school bus.

"The Board is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all students with disabilities, and is satisfied that there has been no violation of that policy in this case," officials said in the statement. "The Board is also committed to assuring the safety of all students who travel on District buses, and will continue to take appropriate steps to accomplish that goal."

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh, and beautiful dash of irony, from the 2nd page of that story:
    Danica's parents say she began losing her hearing last November, when a classmate allegedly shot a bottle rocket near her ear. They have already sued the Branchburg School District over that incident.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's ... odd. How is signing a safety hazard? I'm stretching my brain here, and the best I can come up with is "the people engaged in conversation via sign language may not hear other warnings"?

Yeah, the second page even brings up the idea of it being classed as a foreign language, which is how I was viewing it.

Someone got their feelings hurt because the girls looked at him/her and giggled while 'signing'?

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    in what manner do they argue that her use of sign language constitutes a safety risk?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, according to the middle of the article there, other students were getting out of their seats to go over and tease her for using sign language.

This is obviously her fault, of course.

Raiden333 on
This discussion has been closed.