Options

[Chat] Blaster

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    There is nothing good about America except a lot of people speak English and they don't have an English accent.

You are being silly right now.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I have bad news everyone.
    A meteorite didn't fall on me last night and extinguish my miserable existence.

So, how is everyone?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    sarks buy me an ipad you tightwad

I don't have any money...

...right now.

You buy me an iPad Mr. Fast Car.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hee hee

cool wHip

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No one buy Sarks an iPad until we see how long he can stay up.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    re: the hardy boy's father

"He is always there, he knows everything. He is infallible but always failing. When the Boys rescue him, he is typically emaciated, dehydrated, semi-conscious, delirious; they must succor him with candy bars and water. He can take on any shape, but reveals his identity within moments of doing so. He never discusses a case except the one he's working on in a given novel, so that his legendary close-mouthedness turns to garrulousness when a Hardy Boys novel begins, which is of course the only time we ever get to see him. All the same, he only discusses the case in enough detail to mislead his sons and put them in mortal danger. He has systems of information and data-gathering that put the FBI to shame, yet he is always losing his case notes, his ciphers, his microfilm, or some other valuable clue, usually by leaving it in his extra pair of pants, meaning that the Boys have to drive to Canada or Florida or somewhere to retrieve it. I suppose he isn't mysterious at all; he simply embodies what many think of their own fathers: utterly powerful, contemptibly inept."

amazing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Prove me wrong and tell me what's good about America? Is it our freedoms? Our freedoms to not have good health insurance, free education and a job, maybe. America is good at not giving us those things. She takes them for herself and huffs them up her nose and gets high on our misery.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sarks buy me an ipad you tightwad

I don't have any money...

...right now.

You buy me an iPad Mr. Fast Car.

no I can't I have to pay for my expensive car

come on dude I want to maek poast on larger screen this phone is bullshit

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would never want to move to America

but eventually I will.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hey sarks i finally got this computer working properly!

James on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

"He is always there, he knows everything. He is infallible but always failing. When the Boys rescue him, he is typically emaciated, dehydrated, semi-conscious, delirious; they must succor him with candy bars and water. He can take on any shape, but reveals his identity within moments of doing so. He never discusses a case except the one he's working on in a given novel, so that his legendary close-mouthedness turns to garrulousness when a Hardy Boys novel begins, which is of course the only time we ever get to see him. All the same, he only discusses the case in enough detail to mislead his sons and put them in mortal danger. He has systems of information and data-gathering that put the FBI to shame, yet he is always losing his case notes, his ciphers, his microfilm, or some other valuable clue, usually by leaving it in his extra pair of pants, meaning that the Boys have to drive to Canada or Florida or somewhere to retrieve it. I suppose he isn't mysterious at all; he simply embodies what many think of their own fathers: utterly powerful, contemptibly inept."

amazing

this is wonderful, what is this?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

amazing

This appears to be both a quote, and interesting. Mind giving the source?

Tamin on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Prove me wrong and tell me what's good about America? Is it our freedoms? Our freedoms to not have good health insurance, free education and a job, maybe. America is good at not giving us those things. She takes them for herself and huffs them up her nose and gets high on our misery.

The government pays for our gravity.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    hm

my Siren's high-leveled enough to take a convincing shot at a fire build

must try this

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    James wrote: »

Excellent. I take .01% credit for this accomplishment.

Now watch as in six months you will look at it again and all of your efforts will have been erased by blankets of dust and matted tangles of viruses and malware.
    Feral wrote: »

Damnit.

I am undone.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Feral wrote: »

Indeed.

James on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    you are a well traveled and cultured authority on the matter

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    haha this dude is showing how to use a whip and the narrator keeps saying wHip

hehe history channel

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sarks if I move to the pacific NW will we be friends

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Excellent. I take .01% credit for this accomplishment.

Now watch as in six months you will look at it again and all of your efforts will have been erased by blankets of dust and matted tangles of viruses and malware.

I'm hoping that my influence will extend that period to a haughty eight months.

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    haha this dude is showing how to use a whip and the narrator keeps saying wHip

hehe history channel

henunciate hyour haitches , bohy

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    America has some problems, sure, but I don't see how you can write off an entire country and the things that comprise it based on some things that will likely improve with time, even if it takes an unsatisfactorily long time.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I'll be your friend if you do

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gah this day started off well but goddamn some small bullshit things happen that make me frown.

Not like woe is me stuff, but just like "Man that sucks. Aw man that sucks too."

I'll be fine in a couple of hours when I'm playing RDR but still.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

are you moving too?

James on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seriously America is fucked up in some ways, but also pretty awesome in other ways

Just like most other countries

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

you have freedom from oppression, from constant gunfire, from the overt threat of violence. not everyone, but many or most.

the american dream is hollow, but people do have the chance to work for a living and sometimes succeed, and have freedom of expression, speech, religion, action.

america gives the chance for class mobility, for education, for employment, etc.

it's not the greatest country, and it's not the greatest first world country, and it has severe problems, and its foreign policy is contemptible in many cases.

but it's not a "horrible place"

you are sitting in front of a computer as perhaps one of the wealthiest human beings to exist in the history of the species and there are millions, billions of people with the same riches in America. There is exploitation propping up that wealth, sure, but it's still a massive advance over the terrible oppression or poverty that other places have to deal with, and the more severe civil disturbances and violence.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    for example in america your goods seem to cost less money than in other countries

James on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Seriously America is fucked up in some ways, but also pretty awesome in other ways

Just like most other countries

no shut up

we're not a liberal wet dream so we're garbage

i feel filthy living here

i think i have ameriAIDS

Organichu on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    So, I wrote an email to the CEO of AT&T. I wonder if I'll get any response. I wonder if I'll get something more than a canned response if I do!

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

are you moving too?

Portland. In a few months

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yes.

Senjutsu is moving to Portland, though, which is pretty lame, so he can't be a very good friend.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think America can definitely be doing a lot better to help more people. But the fact that I can survive off minimum wage and put myself through school at the same time without suffering great anguish(this is the part where I deflect the imminent 'lol bootstraps' response) is, I think, a sign that we are pretty okay. But we need to be doing a lot, lot more. Especially where the vicious cycles of poverty are concerned.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have bad news everyone.
    A meteorite didn't fall on me last night and extinguish my miserable existence.

So, how is everyone?

Grateful for not waking up Omar Khadr or a diamond miner or an amputee. You should try it sometime.

TL DR on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hakkes called me up over AIM Audio and tried to sell me Moniker.

If anyone else gets this, it's a scam.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

can I trust you

also you are Canadian eh

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    None of the countries with free healthcare have as good Mexican food.

Japan is cool, but expensive and racist.

Australia doesn't have free speech, and just like the US all the good areas are on the edges.

UK cuisine is a mixed bag. On the one hand, you have Indian food. On the other hand, you have British food. And the NHS is kind of a crappy system. And the weather's not as nice.

Note I haven't actually been to any of these countries. I'm totally talking straight out of my ass.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yes.

Senjutsu is moving to Portland, though, which is pretty lame, so he can't be a very good friend.

Lame dogg do not even do a thing

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Leaving out CCTV as the ultimate UK negative.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.