As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Enc's Ink: Some sketchwork in need of guidance!

EncEnc A Fool with CompassionPronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Artist's Corner
Last February I decided that I wanted to learn to draw, but having no ability to take courses at my local institution, I decided to rely upon copying Anime and such. This continued until last November, when I realized (thanks to many of you here) that this was a terrible idea and picked up a bunch of art books at the beginner's level and started working with those.

I've come a good way from drawing terrible stick figures and bad manga ripoffs, but I'm still in need of some serious help.

Currently, in between practicing with my anatomy books, I decided to make a series of bad movie posters. To qualify here, I want to make nice looking images for what would be considered terrible movie ideas. The first one up is starring a double-dragon esque street thug, a postwoman-dragon lady, and a kung-fu astronaut fighting the monopoly guy and his hordes of dragons.

Current title is Lots of Dragons.

This week I started on the character art, and got the street thug done:
scan0002.jpg
I think he turned out pretty well, but there is definitely something off with his right arm and the bat and probably a host of other things. As I'm planning on doing 3 or 4 of these before I use one for the poster, any help in making him look more... right is appreciated!

The postwoman, however, has some serious problems:
scan0001.jpg
Now the intention here was to have her twisting to look over her shoulder, but something went horribly horribly wrong. I've tried to correct that back several times, and each didn't really help much. Hopefully someone here can show me where I've messed this up for the next version I draw.

Any pointers and advice would be appreciated, especially on the places mentioned above where I'm having some trouble. Thanks!

Enc on