As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jaaaaaaaam soal

you crazy

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm 5/1/6 Mundo.. the biggest threat on the battlefield..

our Twitch goes 2/8/1 and feeds Karthus who gets a full Mejai's and a Guardian Angel.

6/11/11 Mundo at game end.
    10/14/2 Twitch.

Twitch: Pro Mundo. Feed more.

******RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE************

4rch3nemy on
  • CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think the hamster powering the servers died.

CrewMember169 on
    edited June 2010
    oh muh jeebus

i was not aware at how much base health and health per level olaf had

i had 800 at the start of the game with health quints and a doran's shield, and with a phage + merc boots at around level 11 or 12 i had 2k health while everyone else was around 1k-1.5k

that i had so many more bars alone was ridiculous

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm I don't know what character I want to unlock!

Tryn is a beast when used right, like when I saw one kill 4 people with about 200 HP

Olaf is a fucking viking

I also like Ryze, has he gotten hit with the nerf stick since beta?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited June 2010
    tryn can be a beast, but despite his ult he has low survivability... even though he can use his ult in CCs that doesn't mean he can't be stunned til it runs out, then he is an easy kill with low HP.

really olaf is the tryndamere that should have been. i think i have seen more olafs in the short time he has been out survive crazy fights with low health than i have seen tryndameres.

also i played the most CCtastic + meleetastic game earlier. sion taric jax olaf pantheon vs. sion taric kassadin garen ashe. their ashe was useless so really only kassadin was a "ranged" threat. riftwalking in and finishing us with his burst then riftwalking out got annoying as an all melee team. but we absolutely ate them and their towers. it was just stun stun stun stun stun stun stun. our pantheon got some early kills on ashe mid and she switched out mid with garen (lol, you would think the ranged would have an advantage against a melee?)

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ryze got nerfed then buffed

Olaf is a fucking viking

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited June 2010
    if they can keep making characters like olaf

i will be happy

let us hope that malzahar is the last of his kind

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would kill a man for a Lost Vikings trio. WTB Baleog and Erik. Or maybe Olaf, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Shen and Amumu. Viking robot pirate ninja zombie apocalypse anyone?

JAEF on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm giving up as kennen. His "E" skill just isn't viable against good teams.

e: unless, of course, you are using it to run like hell away from those good teams... in which case, it still kinda sucks at that.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    In a fit of Malkor I unlocked Evelyn, because I don't know why?

Anyone got any tips to not suck out loud?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    email support and ask for a refund

Butterfly Boy on
  • MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Dear Riot Games,

I accidentally bought Evelynn. I thought it was Poppy because of the blue skin. Refund plz."

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
    edited June 2010
    ;_;

really?

Malkor on
    edited June 2010
    yes, once you stop fighting newbies with downs syndrome evelynn gets shut down hard

like literally the worst hero in the game

Butterfly Boy on
  • MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    ;_;

really?

Not really. I mean, don't really try to get a refund.

But Evelynn is fucking terrible, and there's no situation where you'll be like "Oh man, playing Evelynn instead of any other champion was a good choice."

Let's say it's Evelynn's best case scenario: nobody buys wards or oracles, everyone splits up all the time, and they all push way up into lanes without any viable escape route. You're good to go, stealthing up on people, stunning and killing them.

You'd still do THAT better with Twitch or Shaco. And when there *are* multiple people around, or the other deam *does* buy wards, Twitch and Shaco still have useful things they can do. Hell, even their stealth abilities are useful when the other team has wards down: Twitch gets an attack speed boost when he leaves stealth. Shaco's stealth is a blink.

Evelynn's stealth explicitly relies on her getting all the way to melee on someone to use the secondary effect. Evelynn is terrible.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
    edited June 2010
    man i like never see twitch and i love rats it makes me sad

Butterfly Boy on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well i mean eve has that stun thingy

that's okay

i mean if you are a gay that is

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited June 2010
    well i mean eve has that stun thingy

that's okay

i mean if you are a gay that is

D:

Some of my friends are gay. It is possible that some of it has rubbed off on me.

Malkor on
    edited June 2010
    okay so i've been wondering

i've had bouts of this really dumb type of lag since beta, so it's been on a couple of different computers

my character will stand in place, auto attack anything near, but ignore any buttons i press and clicks i make

but! i still see everything go on around me as per usual

anyone else have this happen to them?

i mean it could be my net connection

i dunno

fuck i think i just need to redo my network sometime

undeinPirat on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've had that happen to me a couple times as well, undein. Quite frustrating. Especially when you're playing against cocky idiots that think they're so good and owning you despite the fact you can't do jack.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have the worst luck with teams. I decided to try every free character for a round to get to know their abilities. I play Cho'gath and go 7-4-4. I play Taric and go 9-2-9. I go Udyr and go 1-0-0 (the team made me go middle, I have no idea why). Anyway, for first time games I thought I did well.

We lost all 3 matches. All 3 matches, we had at least one player who went like 1-11, 2-14, 1-10. ARGH! Why the hell am I constantly paired UP with these guys instead of AGAINST them? It's so infuriating.

Cognisseur on
    edited June 2010
    Say I'm too lazy to go out and buy the retail box. what's the best way to get the most heroes?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited June 2010
    use your credit card in the store the have built into the client!

when did they put that in

Butterfly Boy on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    In a fit of Malkor I unlocked Evelyn, because I don't know why?

Anyone got any tips to not suck out loud?

LATv1.jpg

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited June 2010
    it has always been

undeinPirat on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rakuen you dumb baby are you high

Or did he give me the wrong damn name

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited June 2010

right but I remember their was a discussion about the perfect method to getting the most heroes for the least amount of money

how do I do that

I am too lazy to look it up

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, who wants to show me the wonders of LoL? I'm in vent with no mic and no experience =P

LoL name is The Huge Manatee

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Soal, never stop making those.

Slicer on
    edited June 2010

right but I remember their was a discussion about the perfect method to getting the most heroes for the least amount of money

how do I do that

get your credit card out
    go to the store
    look under bundles
    look under riot points
    figure out how much points to buy
    grats bro you have like a million champions

no i will not do the math for you

Butterfly Boy on
    edited June 2010
    yeah the bundles in the online store in the client are the collector's edition one (exact same as buying the box) and the online only bundle that complements the collector's edition by giving you a million champs that aren't in the collector's edition

i need to buy those sometime

it would remedy my champion situation like whoah

undeinPirat on
    edited June 2010
    the only things different in the retail and digital bundles are the skin you get with them

retail gets silver kayle

digital gets goth annie

Butterfly Boy on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is it just me or is Olaf just bad? Not beyond awful, just bad. I've played several games with him and nothing I try seems to work.

Also Insanity, feel free to add me 'Kisen'. Here are the best tips I can give to anyone just starting:

1. Dont die
    2. Dont die/Get the final hits on creeps (if you deal a killing blow to a creep, you get gold)
    3. At all fucking cost do not die
    4. Do not over commit - Even when your enemy is at 1hp, do not over commit.
    5. Dont die.
    6. Try out all the free champions that are up
    7. When you find one you like, play that champion over and over and over and over and over
    8. Dont die
    9. leagecraft.com - not the end all be all, but their are some nice guides there which will help you figure out what items to buy and what order to learn your skills
    10. Most guides are bullshit - PARADOX^
    11-395739285. Dont die

The reason you do not want to die is because it 'feeds' the person that killed you. They get gold and exp which means they level fast and get access to more powerful items faster. In league of legends, of the most part, all of the champions are pretty balanced. What items you buy and how fast you get them will be what makes you better than the next guy.

projectmayhem on
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man this game is great. Been playing for about a week now, my dudez are Taric and Udyr. Rock on!

This on
    edited June 2010
    Is it just me or is Olaf just bad? Not beyond awful, just bad. I've played several games with him and nothing I try seems to work.
    Also Insanity, feel free to add me 'Kisen'. Here are the best tips I can give to anyone just starting:

1. Dont die
    2. Dont die/Get the final hits on creeps (if you deal a killing blow to a creep, you get gold)
    3. At all fucking cost do not die
    4. Do not over commit - Even when your enemy is at 1hp, do not over commit.
    5. Dont die.
    6. Try out all the free champions that are up
    7. When you find one you like, play that champion over and over and over and over and over
    8. Dont die
    9. leagecraft.com - not the end all be all, but their are some nice guides there which will help you figure out what items to buy and what order to learn your skills
    10. Most guides are bullshit - PARADOX^
    11-395739285. Dont die

The reason you do not want to die is because it 'feeds' the person that killed you. They get gold and exp which means they level fast and get access to more powerful items faster. In league of legends, of the most part, all of the champions are pretty balanced. What items you buy and how fast you get them will be what makes you better than the next guy.

olaf is pretty damn good

especially if you jungle with him, he can gank alright with double runes and he can do baron pretty early with the help of one or two teammates

i don't have an exact build for it, but my one friend has immense success with jungle olaf (i'm assuming with his w skill and maybe q?)

also, olaf is pretty good in the sense that with his w late game and his passive he is pretty hard to kill, along with destroying people with his e

also the tips you gave are ace; really if you minimize your deaths in this game, you will do much better overall

undeinPirat on
  • redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

how do I do that

I think I saw retail boxes on ebay for like ten bucks. Wouldn't that be even better than what was said before?

redraptor on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

it's not olaf that's the problem here

PiptheFair on
  • redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also I saw a Jax with 1007 wins today. He started out 1/7, then we started winning without him while he jungled and grabbed a couple kills at the end to not make him look so silly.

redraptor on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm. I have yet to try flat out jungle'ing with him. Also as I see things that new players may not get, I will try to provide a basic intro. Lord knows it would have help me out during those first few weeks :)

Basic
    Jungle'ing

There are two ways to level up in league of legends.

1. Kill players
    2. Kill NPC's (Creeps, Minions, ect)

Jungle'ing refers to killing NPC's which are not in the main 3 Lanes and killing NPC's which are in well, the jungle. There are simple easy to kill NPC's in the Jungle and then their are the big boys and very big boys.

You have the Golem, the Lizard, the Dragon and Barron (big fucking worm thing). Unlike the easy to kill NPC's such as the wolfs, ghost and duel golems, these 4 grant you with a temporary buff.

Someone who is a good jungle'er refers to a champion which can very early on in the game (level 1-3) take out the golem and/or lizard for their buffs/gold/exp. As a basic rule, if you are melee and can heal yourself, there is a good chance you can jungle.

This is just basic 'what is jungle'ing' stuff. There are many advantages/disadvantages to doing so, just be prepared to face ridicule if you jungle with like...Evelynn.

Then again, you will be ridiculed anyway =p

projectmayhem on