As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The only thing that you need cash for is purely cosmetic. Plus grinding for ip is actually not a problem if you enjoy playing the game, especially considering that only 1/4ish of the 50ish champs are 6300ip. The rest of the champs are 3150, 1350 or 450 which is real easy to get. Plus you always got the weekly 10 free champs, which includes 1-2 6300ip champs.

But the real thing is that LoL's gameplay, IMO, is superior to HoN. An especially powerful point considering that LoL is free.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Snare wrote: »
    Yeah i understand the free thing, but like £30 for every champion, forever, seems pretty good, no grinding 6300ip or spending real money everytime someone cool comes along you think you might like. I'm just impatient :)

Grinding IP for runes is a very boring gimmick and, yeah, it gets old fast. But HoN tries way too hard to appeal to...God, I don't know who that game appeals to. People who liked Mortal Kombat more than Street Fighter II? Idiots? LoL might not be perfect, but at least you don't have to suffer through a terrible aesthetic.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for all your comments, does help keep me grounded. I especially love
    People who liked Mortal Kombat more than Street Fighter II? Idiots?

Superb :)

Snare on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I feel like Kennen can be extremely good...

I just can't quite get off the plateau of mediocrity :/

Also people keep picking him before I can so I end up playing shen or something because my team never has tanks...

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kennen is not that great compared to other ranged mans.

Like Tristana.

Tristana owns.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The mere fact that Kennen costs 6.3k IP is enough that I'll likely never really find out.

I really like his skill shot though. It can take chunks off early on.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kennen is highly frustrating to play against. He can do a lot of damage real quickly and he's tough to run away from, lol

in other news, Jax is hilariously good while maxed out. I was at like 2/2 in our last game for the first portion, but then I farmed hardcore while everyone was roaming, managed to gear him out real quick, then went up to like 10/4/6. At one point I jumped into a 3v1 situation of half health champs... dusted them, then we made the winning push

My IP is getting up there. Been trying to decide between Shaco or a caster. What are the best casters for 3k IP?

Evilsville on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kennen is squishy.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Why do I let Bagel talk me into things.
    Pugs are so fucking bad I want to kill myself.

Also Nisi play this game.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Been trying out a tank build with Kennen, but it doesn't really seem to work well if you are the sole tank. I still ended up dying quite easily. I'll stick with pure AP and spellvamp for now and just stay faaaar away.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Why do I let Bagel talk me into things.
    Pugs are so fucking bad I want to kill myself.

Also Nisi play this game.

Should be around tonight. At work now though.

WHY ARE YOU SO BAD

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    WHY ARE YOU SO BAD

WHY I AM SO BALD!?

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hi I'm buttergay and I'm gay for Nisi's penis

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What's the best way to build Olaf?

Reckless Swing is great early game but it loses effectiveness late game and I'm not sure what to do to offset that.

Can't go straight damage items or you get focused, but too much HP and you're useless.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi I'm buttergay and I'm gay for Nisi's penis

this is a true quote i've actually said this

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Endomatic wrote: »
    What's the best way to build Olaf?

Reckless Swing is great early game but it loses effectiveness late game and I'm not sure what to do to offset that.

Can't go straight damage items or you get focused, but too much HP and you're useless.

R/Q/W/E are my priorities

Rush Frozen mallet, then get attack items as you please. He has huge HP growth, so the Mallet should cover anything else. If you're focused, your W ability + your increasing attack speed can save your life.

Current Build:

Mallet/Boots/Ghostblade/Starks/Thirster/Dancer

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Do you get a Heart of Gold before or after you complete the mallet

Also I would think a Bloodthirster would be more useful before a Stark's

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    on a hero that may not get a ton of damage items, armor pen is king, hence, Starks.

i would go mallet, boots, starks, ghostblade personally, but, thats just me.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh Stark's has armor pen, guess I am dumb

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AP Kennen is worthless, in my opinion. I rush frozen mallet on Kennen, followed by guinsoos for AS, and then maybe a bloodthirster or something. His AP ratios are all low and not worth pursuing. You should be focusing on stun-locking people with your lightning charges, so you can out-DPS them in a straight fight. Mallet ensues that they never escape, and gives you dmg and lots of hp to help squishiness. You have a plethora of ways to put charges on people, and very high AS so you should be stunning everyone in a team fight. It's glorious. And with your lightning dash + stun + frozen mallet, you can kite people to death very easily.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    on a hero that may not get a ton of damage items, armor pen is king, hence, Starks.

i would go mallet, boots, starks, ghostblade personally, but, thats just me.

Ghostblade is King on any Melee hero

Fun fact: Olaf's passive grants an assload of Armor Pen

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    SIX FACTS

MORE FACTS, MORE FUN

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay, check this out guys. So, I just had a fluke game while playing Tristana. I know I'll never play this well again, and I know that the enemy team played horrifically bad. Nonetheless, I can't help but be proud of this:
    fluke.png

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Who cares if they were bad

Proves you're not shitty

And even if they were bad, it's hard to kill 18 people without fucking up and dying once

good show!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    it looks like one went afk and the other two decided that 25 minutes would come faster by feeding

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    it looks like one went afk and the other two decided that 25 minutes would come faster by feeding

Why are you such a hater bfly.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Butterfly you've been a grumpy hateful fuck recently

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Butterfly you've been a grumpy hateful fuck recently

Recently?

But he's a shark <3

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well if he was before he sure didn't voice it outside of rageful screams directed at God

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah if i ever get to ten kills or more i get super cocky and like, nexus dive people

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    To be honest, I think I learned more and tried more this game than any other game so far. I know there's a lot to be said about playing with pros like you level 30s, but I think a mix is needed. When I play with you guys, I'm so far behind in skill that I essentially freeze up. I don't act fluidly or intuitively, I just doubt my every motion, hide from every enemy, and use a limited set of skills (like never using my escape move offensively).

But if I first play with you guys and get to listen to all the things I should be doing, I can then go solo-queue with my fellow level 1-10s and not play like such a coward. So last game I actually used all the tricks I knew of. I lane-changed to help team-mates, I took out two guys at once, I launched a guy back to our own turret, I escaped death by jumping over a wall, etc. Once I started doing well I was trusting my intuition even more and it just made me better.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    yeah if i ever get to ten kills or more i get super cocky and like, nexus dive people

Should play poppy, ult and it's not a problem :P

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i'm mad nisi didn't play with me yesterday and i take it out on the rest of you fucks

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

but then i end up tower diving before level 6 because i'm like "I'M THE MOTHER FUCKING POPPY"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

but then i end up tower diving before level 6 because i'm like "I'M THE MOTHER FUCKING POPPY"

You can also do this as Kayle

Attack Damage Kayle is fucking frightening

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    To be honest, I think I learned more and tried more this game than any other game so far. I know there's a lot to be said about playing with pros like you level 30s, but I think a mix is needed. When I play with you guys, I'm so far behind in skill that I essentially freeze up. I don't act fluidly or intuitively, I just doubt my every motion, hide from every enemy, and use a limited set of skills (like never using my escape move offensively).

But if I first play with you guys and get to listen to all the things I should be doing, I can then go solo-queue with my fellow level 1-10s and not play like such a coward. So last game I actually used all the tricks I knew of. I lane-changed to help team-mates, I took out two guys at once, I launched a guy back to our own turret, I escaped death by jumping over a wall, etc. Once I started doing well I was trusting my intuition even more and it just made me better.

you see, you get there

the path is just full of rage and hatred.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You know.. when you're dominating the guy in your mid lane, doubling his creep kills, keeping him at like 1/5 hp. But just as you're finishing him off, the enemy shaco appears and kills you. Every. Fucking. Time. And you're not doing anything wrong. It's just fucking... sigh.....

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i'm mad nisi didn't play with me yesterday and i take it out on the rest of you fucks

I slept! Crappy day yesterday after running car into divider. But yay car is fixed and I will be playing tonight.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    those are terrible excuses and i hate you

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TheBog wrote: »
    You know.. when you're dominating the guy in your mid lane, doubling his creep kills, keeping him at like 1/5 hp. But just as you're finishing him off, the enemy shaco appears and kills you. Every. Fucking. Time. And you're not doing anything wrong. It's just fucking... sigh.....

Moving half way past mid lane with shaco missing would be wrong.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."