As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, it's FREE! Submit your paint character art!

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Never playing Taric again

Zen Vulgarity on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    zen that is a false statement

you cannot resist the diamondssss

also freebie stuns

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can resist being focused fired to death the entire game and going 0/14

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    someone give me a new character that's as good as garen

go!

Melkster on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh woops yeah

you right

in other news i need to plop down the dollars for a champs bundle and start playing more champs

my playtime from before i stopped playing doesn't really transfer with all of the myriad of changes to champs and new items and shert

and that means money

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited June 2010
    Kayle

Zen Vulgarity on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just picked up the collector's pack and the almighty awesomeness that is Heimerdinger! Looking forward to shaking off my noobness with you all.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    someone give me a new character that's as good as garen

go!

teemo

become a teemo master, melk

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hadn't played Ezreal since he got nerfed twice and just pretty much assumed he'd be kinda meh. Turns out he still hurts to hell and back while being able to heal his teammates for lots. Rylai's is so evil on him, it's fun. Even as AP, mystic shot makes for great farming and early game harassment.

Just not sure what to build on him. Chalice seems like a solid choice. I'm wondering whether to go Lich Bane after Rylai's or the spell penetration items since his abilities scale poorly now.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Do you still have my awesome though armless Singed from the last thread?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've always thought AS Kennen would kick ass, but my friend who mains Kennen only plays AP for some reason. He does pretty well, but the stuns with AS must be so mean by the end.

What's the consensus on Tryndamere? He seems like he'd be badass 3v3, but I hear people here queue dodge him. Is that cause solo queue people suck with him or cause he's awful?

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    He's actually pretty good if he gets fed but you pretty much need a support hero to babysit you or just about anyone can harass him out of getting any creep kills.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think Tryn's heal is actually really good, so all he needs is a couple crits or creep kills and it heals like a quarter of his hp, so I don't think he has problems staying in a lane. Maybe that's just me.

And, of course, late game I don't think there's anyone who can stand up against him. He autocrits, has a huge mass slow, and can tower dive completely safely.

TheBog on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Morgana + Blitzcrank is a pretty silly lane pairing.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    newbitmapimageu.png

BlueDestiny on
    edited June 2010
    Thing is with Kennen "AP" and "Attack Speed" can mean the same God Damn thing

Guinsoo's/Nashor's

Zen Vulgarity on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I keep wanting to get Nashor's on Akali but I can't justify wasting a mana regen stat on her. The CDR is huge for spamming Mark and Crescent in a gank, and attack speed works well once she's got some decent bonus damage coming off her passive. The only other worthwhile CDR item on her (Brutalizer) is cost-inefficient and is only 10%. Nashor's is one of my favorite items in the game.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited June 2010
    It's very very minimal mana regen

It's not enough for you to give a shit about it

And wouldn't Ghostblade be good on Akali, since she's a melee attacker and all

Zen Vulgarity on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's very very minimal mana regen

It's not enough for you to give a shit about it

And wouldn't Ghostblade be good on Akali, since she's a melee attacker and all

Ghostblade's okay on her but crit chance is sort of irrelevant because her melee damage is sporadic and mostly a conduit for that sweet sweet bonus magic damage. Crit chance is probably the next-worst stat on her behind mana (or mana regen). It's an expensive toy that ends up being a winmore item. Most of the time when I get it the activate gets wasted chasing down someone my ult would have taken care of anyway.

Core build of Rylais -> Gunblade/Rageblade is pricey enough and after that you need to think about survivability or raw attack damage (Bloodthirster). I'll try out a Nashor's build (after Rylais) and see what happens.

Edit: my experience with a Rylais/Guinsoo/Gunblade build tells me that Akali's damage is about 60% physical and 40% magic. Largely because Crescent Slash is all physical damage, it's just calculated with AP too (the reverse of Kat's ult being magic damage calculated with AD). It can't crit but armor pen seems to affect it. Most of its damage is against minions too but nearly all of her magic damage is against champs. I run armorpen marks because the return on mpen marks is only half as much, so it'd have to be like 2/3rds magic damage to make mpen a more favorable choice. I switched my AP Nid buildto armorpen marks for the same reason, mpen marks are simply underpowered.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've always thought AS Kennen would kick ass, but my friend who mains Kennen only plays AP for some reason. He does pretty well, but the stuns with AS must be so mean by the end.

Just go AP with a Guinsoo's, any more AS than that isn't worth it. Sure you could stun one dude pretty well but you'd have no real damage.

Zek on
    edited June 2010
    I mean I've never played Akali soooo

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Holy crap you people move a thread fast. What'd I miss in the last week?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited June 2010
    Bitching

Lots of it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bitching

Lots of it

Business as usual, then. Anything new about viking man?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited June 2010
    He's pretty interesting

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/olaf

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What's that ability he does that summons a Thor lightning bolt down and wtfpwns people?

Evil Weevil on
    edited June 2010
    I dunno what wtfpwns means

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited June 2010
    Kills them dead

Evil Weevil on
    edited June 2010
    Hey Zen I missed you last night you jerk.

Melkster on
    edited June 2010
    Evil maybe if you didn't talk retard I'd understand you

And Melks I'll be on tonight

Shake it baby

Wanna dance?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I dunno what wtfpwns means

rectum.

Feldorn on
    edited June 2010
    Evil maybe if you didn't talk retard I'd understand you

D:

Evil Weevil on
    edited June 2010
    It's his E ability

Zen Vulgarity on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You might be tired of me bitching about it, but christ does Olaf hit hard when he's about to die. It makes fighting him 1v1 extremely difficult. I (as Mordekaiser) at full health jumped Olaf who was about 2/5ths hp and threw my ult and ignite on him and the bastard got me down to 50hp. I ended up running away from him throwing siphons, else I would have easily died. I was like :O

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited June 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    You might be tired of me bitching about it, but christ does Olaf hit hard when he's about to die. It makes fighting him 1v1 extremely difficult. I (as Mordekaiser) at full health jumped Olaf who was about 2/5ths hp and threw my ult and ignite on him and the bastard got me down to 50hp. I ended up running away from him throwing siphons, else I would have easily died. I was like :O

I never tire of anything you say.

Melkster on
    edited June 2010
    Hi I'm Olaf

you better stun me because you won't kill me otherwise

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

he does attack really fast, but what else does he have?

not saying he isn't dangerous, he is actually quite potent, he tears me up as amumu.

Feldorn on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's best to think of Olaf like Tryndamere before he got the buff to his ult and save your disables for when he's low on health so he doesn't rape everything.

Slicer on
    edited June 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »

he does attack really fast, but what else does he have?

not saying he isn't dangerous, he is actually quite potent, he tears me up as amumu.

Hiw W gives him a ton of damage and life leech

His Q is an AOE slow for 40% at level five that scales with attack damage

his E is 320 true damage to you

His R gives him 35 armor pen(passive) and reduces all damage done to him flatly by 65(?) for 8 seconds at level 3

Zen Vulgarity on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    there was an olaf with a good amount of kills on the enemy team the other day, and it felt like he was fucking poppy. the lower he got the harder he got to kill, because he swung faster and thus lifestole faster. i could not have been more angry at how low we kept getting him every teamfight, because i'm pretty sure he was most of their damage.

i wasn't aware that one of his abilities increased damage based on health, i was wondering why people were like "U JUST STACK HEALTH ON OLAF AND WIN" i thought it was just because the more health you had while you were low in order to activate your passive, the better

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png