As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have a great day!

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I guess all things considered I'm doing good.

I have a house, I have a new car, I have a well paying job (although it crushes my soul), and I'm supposed to be promoted in a few weeks.

You know what, DL, I started this day pretty rundown from work, but I'm going to flip it on it's head and make the most of it, and try to make some other folks smile.

Have a great day, DL.

Thanks, DC.

Hope you're successful in making it a good day!

My Spanish teacher is like the first person who has ever truly made me feel dumb whenever I talk to her, and she's rather short and snippy with me.

That kinda got me down, and then I remembered that I ain't got time to worry about somebody with a stick up their ass. Regardless, I'm still polite to her!

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh my God: I had a history project I had to work on for my final grade; I was paired with a buncha lazies, out of 4 people (myself included), 2 didn't want to do anything and didn't do anything throughout the

Today it is due to be put together; I've done all my work, expecting low marks, and those 2 lazies? They did their work. They actually did something. And good work too! I was so surprised you guys, I wasn't expecting it at all.

<3<3<3

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    I have my dog at work today which should be great but it's just stressful, he's such a weenie little beef

If I brought Joxer in, he'd flip out, running all over the place, excited to see all the new people.

yeah, that's precisely what orvis is doing, only everybody's trying to work, so he's crying because nobody will play

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DL I'm calling it. This thread is a direct result of what you had for breakfast this morning because it sounded awesome.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am excited for Saturday, like holy shit.

We're hitting the George & Dragon at 7am, and watching World Cup action for about six straight hours.

naporeon on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yesterday I conquered my two greatest fears of public speaking and speaking Spanish where people can hear me when I had to do a presentation.

So now it's a Fuck Yeah Thursday. I'm gonna turn on some Scorpions and get excited for no reason.

This is a good thread.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    naporeon wrote: »

We're hitting the George & Dragon at 7am, and watching World Cup action for about six straight hours.

That basically sounds so awesome.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I saw this while reading Ebert's A-Team review and it made me happy.

obamaad.jpg

Also, after the crazy of the past few weeks, I get to just sit down and program today, which is great.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My most hated coworker is finally leaving, and my be fired before his notice is up at the rate he's going.

His replacement is one of my best friends, which is extra awesome as he just finished school and needed a job badly.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Silmaril wrote: »

I'm just glad that the US v England game is the last we're watching, so I don't have to ruin the other games with my bitter, bitter tears.

naporeon on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well I guess today is going pretty well

Made some good coffee. Nothing to eat but at least the coffee's good

Oh the girlfriend just suggested we go out and buy a Lady Gaga CD, that's pretty good times

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna go to the NW Pinball and Gameroom show on Saturday.

Anyone wanna go? They're gonna have just a ton of pinball machines and classic arcade games on freeplay. A couple of people from my office have their own machines that they've repaired/rebuilt as part of the games there.

http://www.nwpinballshow.com/

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I'm just glad that the US v England game is the last we're watching, so I don't have to ruin the other games with my bitter, bitter tears.

I plan on being very very drunk by that point, so I don't see our woeful under performance, and won't feel so ashamed when we win without deserving to.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Life ain't bad.
    1. I saw an old friend yesterday.
    2. My mama made me asparagus pesto.
    3. I understand singular integrals.
    4. The weather is warm.
    5. The Blackhawks won.

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I plan on being very very drunk by that point, so I don't see our woeful under performance, and won't feel so ashamed when we win without deserving to.
    At this point, I'm just hoping to see Tevez score at least two for Argentina. Also, I'd like to see the US play well. Maybe we've just been saving up since this time last year?

But yes, we love the pub, and we'll be spending a couple dozen hours there over the course of the tournament.

Plus, if it's the same as it was during Euro 2008, they will have happy hour prices during all live matches, regardless of time. Yesssssssssss.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DL I'm calling it. This thread is a direct result of what you had for breakfast this morning because it sounded awesome.

It was awesome, and it did kick start my day, but I dunno!

Just thought most folks is dragging ass and feeling sorry for themselves early in the morning and could use some positive vibes!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

At this point, I'm just hoping to see Tevez score at least two for Argentina. Also, I'd like to see the US play well. Maybe we've just been saving up since this time last year?

But yes, we love the pub, and we'll be spending a couple dozen hours there over the course of the tournament.

Plus, if it's the same as it was during Euro 2008, they will have happy hour prices during all live matches, regardless of time. Yesssssssssss.

I'd be surprised if you don't make it through the group stages.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I'd be surprised if you don't make it through the group stages.
    As would I, frankly. It was arrogant as hell, but I think plenty of folks over here share the Sun's sentiment about our group.

15491727.jpg

naporeon on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am pretty excited about the World Cup because it's so much fun but I don't know anything about soccer so the two fantasy things I'm signed up for I just picked things based on whether I thought the country had a cool name and flag.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aha!

I hope everybody is having a good afternoon.

Maybe a good lunch, or a good power nap. Something worthwhile which left you in a better mood than you were before!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I am having a pretty good evening.

It is nice to be posting again.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's nice to see you posting again, Sil.

I've never talked to you much but still!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Today is gonna be a great day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlF_EnBUgw

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Phineas and Ferb is actually a pretty clever show, I watched it with my niece the other day.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It totally is.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, I wish I could squeeze in a power nap.

Yukira on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As soon as i get my goddamn settlement check, that day will be good. something tells me that motherfucker isn't going to pay up and i'm going to have to go back to court though. I think if that happens i think i'm awarded the pre-settlement amount (almost twice what i settled for!) plus all my legal fees! or this dickface can declare bankruptcy or whatever and i will probably get screwed again.

so all in all, things are a toss up at the moment.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I bring my cat to work every day and it is the best.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I bring my cat to work every day and it is the best.

Damn, man. I really want to do this. My boss is gone for two months and I think my cat would love exploring this place.

Don't cats have to live in a place for awhile before their dander builds up and can trigger allergies? I work for a small church so I'd not want anyone to come in and start sneezing.

edit: I also miss her a loooooooot. She's 1 year old this week! Cats rule.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    my dog likes suddenly developing diarrhea and pooping on the floor too much to bring her into work.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    As soon as i get my goddamn settlement check, that day will be good. something tells me that motherfucker isn't going to pay up and i'm going to have to go back to court though. I think if that happens i think i'm awarded the pre-settlement amount (almost twice what i settled for!) plus all my legal fees! or this dickface can declare bankruptcy or whatever and i will probably get screwed again.

I hope everything goes through alright for you!

Chasing money is never fun.

And I hope your dog gets better and stops pooping in the most convenient spot!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DL

I'm so glad that you're feeling so happy today

It makes me happy to see

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I hope everything goes through alright for you!

Chasing money is never fun.

And I hope your dog gets better and stops pooping in the most convenient spot!

thanks!

Maybe i will plug her butt up with cash when i get my money, 2 birds one stone!

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I applied for two jobs today, so we'll see how that goes.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, AMP'd.

It actually feels better to not be such a grumpy prick all the time.

And it mostly came about because I decided to do something I didn't really care for doing and I wanted to make an effort to make the day better.

Plus, I thought it was a good idea for my first thread.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    She'll just explode then.

Yukira on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    All my "good things" are just material possessions.

That being said I have a roof over my head and money in the bank. Something legitimately good will happen eventually I'm sure.

Yay optimism.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think i'm going to rejoin Match, i went on lots of dates when i was on there. things were good.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also I find it interesting to see the guys in Lady Gaga's new video dancing in the way women would usually in these videos.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also I find it interesting to see the guys in Lady Gaga's new video dancing in the way women would usually in these videos.

They put her to shame with their dancing. They seem to be really really really into it, where she looks like she's half-assing the dancing half the time.

potatoe on