As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cleaning a DS Lite screen...

Filipino Box Spring HogFilipino Box Spring Hog Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
I wanna place these covers on, but using eye glass cleaner didn't work like I'd hope. It left that water stain residue. What's a good home made solution for getting a clean screen?

Filipino Box Spring Hog on

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I wanna place these covers on, but using eye glass cleaner didn't work like I'd hope. It left that water stain residue. What's a good home made solution for getting a clean screen?

I just used water and elbow grease.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Another good way is to use the screen cleaner tchocke you get from pre-ordering the latest Phoenix Wright game.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    You can use a razor blade window glass scraper, but only if you don't.

Squashua on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I give it a tongue bath.

I do that whether it's clean or not. Actually I prefer to do it when it's dirty.

Oh, DS, you dirty, dirty little whore. I lick you. Oh yes. I do.

[spoiler:8ba206b256]I have these Kleen Screen wipes. Eyeglass lens cleaner and a non-abrasive cloth work well too. Oh, you said you tried eyeglass cleaner? Weird, it works very well for me for all screens like that - Zune, NDS, PSP...etc.[/spoiler:8ba206b256]

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Rhys55Rhys55 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    In the automotive section of my local Target they've got a bundle of Micro-fiber cloths (ultra fine). I bought a pack and use that, even throw one around the DS itself when it's in the case.

My screen protector came with a mini-microfiber wipe I believe...but any soft not abrasive cloth, and patience should do

Rhys55 on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Packing tape. Lay it on and it rips the dust right off. Also a good way to clean a screen protector before applying it.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    3M makes a Scotchbrite (I think?) microfiber cloth for laptop screens that someone recommended here and has served me extremely well for cleaning my screen. It was $4 at CompUSA. I dab one corner of the cloth with very little hot water and wipe the screens with it. Then I wipe the screens clean with the dry portion of the cloth. It also seems to buff out minor scratches.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png