As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] This thread is dead you butts. Hi5 Gunwarrior.

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey You wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Finally, the stats page is done parsing. Gotta remember to do that more often.

You may now commence with the bitching about how it's all silly goosery.

Had to go back a few pages to find this again. Might be a good thing to put on the OP.

God damn you people are needy.
    Just kidding, putting it in there.

Hah. I think I've asked you to put like a bunch of things up on the OP. Sorry. :P

Eventually, it will be the best OP ever.

In 18 pages.

xzzy on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    any of you mugs want to go on HonC?

Antimatter on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Finally, the stats page is done parsing. Gotta remember to do that more often.

You may now commence with the bitching about how it's all silly goosery.

Had to go back a few pages to find this again. Might be a good thing to put on the OP.

God damn you people are needy.
    Just kidding, putting it in there.

Hah. I think I've asked you to put like a bunch of things up on the OP. Sorry. :P

Eventually, it will be the best OP ever.

In 18 pages.

NNNNNOOOOOOooooo myyy powwwerrrrr.

HIISSSSS.

UEAKCrash on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ITS GOING TO BE A NEW GAME MODE.

Someone on your time will be a Bot, but you wont know. He'll have a normal name and avvy and a fake ping and respond in chat. And like, either he is an assassin, or you have to protect him without knowing who he is, or something.

Watch man. Fake teammates are going to be in the update.

CangoFett on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm guessing everyone caught all the hints dropped about not being human(robot hints) in yesterday's blog post, by Robin.

"(And possibly not human? More on this later.)"
    "It might even point out which of the people on your team aren't real humans."

I was kind of surprised no one brought it up yesterday, but assumed everyone was like "yeah, we know about the robot stuff, whatever."

Well they've talked about adopting the server blacklist generator to make filters that can eliminate servers with bots or fake player counts. It could be that.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CangoFett wrote: »

Someone on your time will be a Bot, but you wont know. He'll have a normal name and avvy and a fake ping and respond in chat. And like, either he is an assassin, or you have to protect him without knowing who he is, or something.

this would be the awesome.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    I don't know why Natascha shuts down Targes. That seems unneccessary.

Yeah, that is some bullshit right there.

Oh a heavy and he has his back to me. CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Stop. Deadtime.

/duh nuh nuh nuh. duh nuh, nuh nuh.

Mr Blonde on
  • savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CangoFett wrote: »

Turing Fortress 2

P.S. lolling at targe users complaining about natascha

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Honestly, Valve needs to up the damage on Natasha about 25%. And give it some area-of-effect splash damage. And any damage it does should heal the Heavy who is using it.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It should also protect against backstabs

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    People who complain about Natascha are people who dont have Natascha.

Sweet, Sweet Natascha. We don't needs that whore Sasha, does we my precious?

Buttcleft on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why do people hate Natasha so much? Natasha heavys still die just as easily to pipes, rockets, headshots, stabs, Sasha, etc.

Scouts, pyros and targelanders I could understand.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate Natascha Heavies because they still get random crits

Best America on
    right you got it
    edited July 2010

Heaven forbid

Buttcleft on
    edited July 2010
    Svetlana - Destroys enemy rockets, pipebombs, sappers and melee weapons.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just think Cango looks like a badass in this
    cpfreightfinal10004.jpg

Emo Peter Pan?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Minigun can already destroy stickies

BlindPsychic on
    edited July 2010
    Talith wrote: »
    Why do people hate Natasha so much? Natasha heavys still die just as easily to pipes, rockets, headshots, stabs, Sasha, etc.

Scouts, pyros and targelanders I could understand.

because the fact that there is no falloff for the slow is ridiculous. suddenly you can't move and you are like "WHAT THE SHIT" and you look across the map and there is a grinning natascha heavy literally pinning you to the ground from 3 miles away.

literally.

honestly the slow should get worse with distance or SOMETHING

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What wrote: »
    Theres literally 10 people in the server, why y'all motha f *honk* ers gotta be nerds and not vote all talk? Ain't no way we playin' serious, cmon y'all!!

People play Team Fortress 2 serious?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited July 2010
    Minigun can already destroy stickies

oh god i remember when stickies could get destroyed in midair

worst month ever

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BTW, I started uploading a new map-pack when I left for work this morning. It's a tad bigger than the old one, clocking in around 410 MB, but is a bit more comprehensive. I left out most of the contest CTF maps, though, since you can always just download *that* map-pack instead.

Uploaded it to a different directory and will move it into place when I get home around 7ish. Will post again to let you know when it's safe.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Heaven forbid
    it frustrates me to die to a Natascha Heavy who is literally across the map and isn't even shooting at me in particular but his gun started glowing and all of a sudden there is a vortex of death I can neither escape nor outlast

Best America on
    right you got it
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Heaven forbid
    it frustrates me to die to a Natascha Heavy who is literally across the map and isn't even shooting at me in particular but his gun started glowing and all of a sudden there is a vortex of death I can neither escape nor outlast

Yeah its not like other weapons can do that.

we're pretending crits for rockets and nades/stickies dont exist here. right?

Oh and sniper rifles.

Buttcleft on
    edited July 2010
    it is definitely just as easy to dodge crit stickies/rockets/grenades from across the map as a spinning Heavy

edit More to the point, with the former, it at least feels like I had a chance

Best America on
    right you got it
    edited July 2010
    You know what also annoys me

That damn sniper rifle

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited July 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    You know what also annoys me

That damn sniper rifle

I do rock that sniper rifle something hard

Buttcleft on
    edited July 2010
    And those fucking scoots with their beady little eyes.

Always staring.

edit: Hey Buttcleft. ARROW TO THE FAEC FROM MILES HEH.

UEAKCrash on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    At long ranges the bullet spread on the minigun prevents it from getting a continuous snare on people in my experience. Sure it's annoying, but so are targelanders, or getting one-shot as a low HP class when in close quarters with the Direct Hit. Honestly the auto-crit swing from the charge is pretty damn powerful, not to mention the escape utility, and the only things that can counter it are airblasts and Natasha. And maybe the FAN or Sandman stun if you're super awesome.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just imagine a scout running onto/along a traintrack on Well to get the baseball he just dropped. Also he is wearing a big red helmet.

family-guy-peter-retarded.jpg

That's what I just did.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yay, more Tf2 controversy. Apparently, the Tf2 Wiki was sold by the owner in an auction after trying unsuccessfully to work a deal with valve. But, a mod on the wiki gave the wiki info to Valve. So now, we have two Tf2 wiki sites, http://wiki.teamfortress.com (new one) and http://tf2wiki.net (old one, now has ads). The valve one seems more updated though, but looks like there is going to bit of fallout from this.

If you want to read up on it, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15744331#post15744331

Musan on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a TF2 wiki?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, the ads started appearing last fall I think. It made a shitty site even more shitty.

I'm glad Valve got a hold of it, fuck tf2wiki.net.

xzzy on
  • DUCOMDUCOM Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i'm going to play tf2 tonight I think, it's been months.... servers been full lately?

DUCOM on
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Musan wrote: »
    Yay, more Tf2 controversy. Apparently, the Tf2 Wiki was sold by the owner in an auction after trying unsuccessfully to work a deal with valve. But, a mod on the wiki gave the wiki info to Valve. So now, we have two Tf2 wiki sites, http://wiki.teamfortress.com (new one) and http://tf2wiki.net (old one, now has ads). The valve one seems more updated though, but looks like there is going to bit of fallout from this.

If you want to read up on it, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15744331#post15744331

Babby makes wiki full of information on a game designed by Valve. His negotiations with Valve for a partnership fail, Valve opens up their own wiki. This new wiki doesn't have ads and isn't a shithole.

Is this right?

What on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, the ads started appearing last fall I think. It made a shitty site even more shitty.

I like how he's all "TF2wiki.net will be more popular!!!"

Yeah right. All it will take is for Valve to stick a bigass link at the top of their page (I'd make it so it said "Blog, Movies, Wiki" and tf2wiki.net will dry up like a slug in a sandstorm.

That's not even considering the fact that the official wiki doesn't need to worry about things like ad revenue; or making room for said ads.
    What wrote: »
    Babby makes wiki full of information on a game designed by Valve. His negotiations with Valve for a partnership fail, Valve opens up their own wiki. This new wiki doesn't have ads and isn't a shithole.

Is this right?
    Add in that, apparently the babby spent over $10,000 on the website. (I wonder where he got the money), and that the official wiki literally just copied everything from the original wiki (but that's okay thanks to it using the wiki software (iirc) making everything available through it open for anyone to use.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I like how he's all "TF2wiki.net will be more popular!!!"

Yeah right. All it will take is for Valve to stick a bigass link at the top of their page (I'd make it so it said "Blog, Movies, Wiki" and tf2wiki.net will dry up like a slug in a sandstorm.

That's not even considering the fact that the official wiki doesn't need to worry about things like ad revenue; or making room for said ads.

And is run by valve.. so you know, they can have updates for the wiki ready to go when the day they launch new content.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerd got owned.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Awww thread has been deleted I was half way through and had to do a quick restart.

UEAKCrash on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm.. tf2wiki.net is experiecing issues. I'm guessing either he's getting a major spike of traffic. (Which is funny, after saying "There was no downtime and also the site loaded pretty fast according to Alertra and Pingdom." in his post, that the site is now giving me the error "Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties." :D) or he's pulling the plug on stuff. MySQL errors all up ins.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Ross_CRoss_C Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I feel bad for the guy though. But honestly, if you're going to invest $10,000 to keep a site running it shouldn't be for a wiki that is PUBLIC DOMAIN.

Apparently the thread on the steam forums has been deleted. Not locked, not moved, DELETED. So obviously Valve is now aware of the issue. It'll be interesting how things pan out.

For those who want a summary of everything.

Harrill, invests $10,000 on the unofficial TF2wiki, believing it's "important" to the community. Because of this logic he decides to refuse to use Google Adsense, yet allow to have halfass'd ads on the site.

Spaceman, one of the admins on the site informs Harrill that Valve is interested in having the TF2 Wiki. The admins approached Valve, Valve didn't approach them.

Harrill, hurting from his $10,000 investment, wants to sell the wiki to Valve for atleast higher than $10,000. Spaceman acknowledges this but never speaks about it to Harill again.

Harill then learns that the admins had sold the wiki in a auction for about $7,000. He didn't know about this. Then Valve starts up the official TF2 wiki as all the old unofficial TF2wiki admins jump ship and migrate to the official one. The person who bought the unofficial one is pissed off at this and thinks Harill had cheated him.

Harill is irritated because the admins behind his back sold the unofficial wiki for less than what he invested and then went onto the Official TF2 Wiki which is pretty much a exact copy of the unofficial wiki. Granted, Harill never wrote anything in the Wiki, the admins did, so copying the informations from the unofficial to the official is technically alright since the admins that migrated to the official one wrote it and of course, all Wiki content is public domain.

THe LOW DOWN:

Harill invested $10,000 in the unofficial TF2 wiki. The only stuff he handled on the site was features and how ads worked on the site.

Spaceman represents the large amount of admins who constantly wrote entries and edited entries in the unofficial wiki. They sold the site in a auction much less than what Harill invested and migrated to the official TF2 wiki with all the content that was on the unofficial wiki.

Harill is mad because he believes he deserves money for the investment he made into the site.

FIRST RULE OF INVESTMENTS. If you make investments, YOU AREN'T ENTITLED ON GETTING THAT MONEY BACK.

Ross_C on