As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Champions Online] Psychic zombies, robot pirates, and Killdozer. 'Nuff said.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arch

you named him Chromium?

brb I clearly need to rename my dual blades character Die Cut

desc on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone with a spare mind PM'ing me one of those nice Trials?

Getting to the point where I need to quit WoW pre-expansion and I need someone else to give my $15 a month to, or God forbid, I might go outside or be social with physical humans and, fuck...that ain't happening. Not on my watch.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    Anyone with a spare mind PM'ing me one of those nice Trials?

Getting to the point where I need to quit WoW pre-expansion and I need someone else to give my $15 a month to, or God forbid, I might go outside or be social with physical humans and, fuck...that ain't happening. Not on my watch.

Done-ish.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so i decided to switch my darkness toon into TK blades because it seems to be a pretty underutilized set and woah holy crap the damage is bonkers

It's a bit fragile but hells yeah your damage capability is through the roof.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i feel like a cuisinart! a neon green cuisinart

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Arch

you named him Chromium?

brb I clearly need to rename my dual blades character Die Cut

Hahahahaha

EDIT: damnit don't make me have to sit down and figure out his powers...I have no idea what I want him to do

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So I dinged 24 on the dual blades girl. So close to my evil nemesis! So close!

desc on
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I dinged 24 on the dual blades girl. So close to my evil nemesis! So close!

I wish you could have some control over what powers they selected. My first nem had electric powers and he looked terrible because he ALWAYS had his electric form on (which I didn't know would happen). I also didn't know that the shade of red I chose for his powers made all his electricity bright pink.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Go change the colour then. Go back to the nemesis machine in MC and change it, just like changing your own costume at a tailor.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You can change everything about your nemesis except for the gender.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You can change everything about your nemesis except for the gender.

At the time I created him you couldn't change anything. I am kind of surprised you can change their power set. I wish I didn't have to though. I just want to take away his Electric Form, or even just make it so I don't see the FX since I think it looks dumb, regardless of color. Even though I prefer this game by far, the lighting aura in CoX was far superior to Electric Form's aura. If it looked like that I'd actually use it on the nem and on some of my characters too.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm all pumped to make my nemesis. Do you set them up using the same costume options and powers as a hero?

I want to stick with my theme and go evil ninja supervillain.

desc on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm all pumped to make my nemesis. Do you set them up using the same costume options and powers as a hero?

I want to stick with my theme and go evil ninja supervillain.

You have more options for the Nemesis than you do your hero. They have all the npc options too.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh, since this thread is now home to numerous folks trying out CO, it's currently on sale on Steam for only $6.79.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Oh, since this thread is now home to numerous folks trying out CO, it's currently on sale on Steam for only $6.79.

Indeed. The wife and I had recently started some new characters to level together on WoW, but upon seeing this sale today, I decided fuck WoW, and bought a copy of CO for each of us. Superheroes > Trolls anyday.

Dourin on
  • Options
    Lilac CitizenLilac Citizen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    WTF

I bought it like 4 days ago for $20

man, color me chump-colored

Lilac Citizen on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lilac, if you get to lvl 40 before I do, I'm gonna be a sad panda.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Wait, does that include a free month?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yes

Lilac Citizen on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A few questions formed in my mind once I saw the Steam sale.

A) Do people who give out trials get any benefits from people using the trials signing up?

2) If I have a trial, can I buy the game on Steam during the sale and just slap that time on the not-a-trial-anymore? Or do you have to specifically upgrade the trial?

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A few questions formed in my mind once I saw the Steam sale.

A) Do people who give out trials get any benefits from people using the trials signing up?

2) If I have a trial, can I buy the game on Steam during the sale and just slap that time on the not-a-trial-anymore? Or do you have to specifically upgrade the trial?

A) yes, people who refer you get bennies. you can check out their information page for referrals here.

2) the code would be for a retail version of the game. you could install fresh or upgrade your trial, but if you're already on a full membership you can't just tack the time on since it's not a time card. it's just a copy of the game (with a fresh code).

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Obligatory follow-up: Who wants to send me a PM to fling a trial my way? :P No promises yet that I'm buying from Steam.

Well

it is just $7...

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Obligatory follow-up: Who wants to send me a PM to fling a trial my way? :P No promises yet that I'm buying from Steam.

Well

it is just $7...

If you don't have a trial code by the morning (8am eastern), I'll send you one. I'm at work and of course the CO website is blocked.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aunsoph got me! Go yell at him!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I'm playing my new duder last night, I have the eldritch blast power chocie at the beginning with presence/intel as my stats.

So, I churn through people in the tutorial and it's like one shot kills with that charge up blast. I get out, do great until level 7. Once I hit level 7 I couldn't kill anyone. Not even blue mobs I was dropping before.

What the fuck is that?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    So I'm playing my new duder last night, I have the eldritch blast power chocie at the beginning with presence/intel as my stats.

So, I churn through people in the tutorial and it's like one shot kills with that charge up blast. I get out, do great until level 7. Once I hit level 7 I couldn't kill anyone. Not even blue mobs I was dropping before.

What the fuck is that?

Hmm what did you choose as your lvl 5 ability? Its alot easier to try and get an aoe as early as possible. And if you're in the desert trying to do the mine mission, I always seem to have trouble on the boss there.

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    bowen wrote: »

What the fuck is that?

You'd probably be better off with Pre/End or Int/End superstats as a Sorcerer. Int/Pre assumes you're going to be relying on pets, and Sorcery pets won't be viable until after they do the pet review, unfortunately. I also strongly recommend Arcane Sigils or Storm Sigils straight away, right out of the tutorial.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I picked up that AoE ability where it puts the totem thingies on the ground. I promptly stopped playing after I couldn't do shit or I died before I could get the totem thingies down.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have you picked up a defensive passive yet? You really shouldn't be going down that fast with one.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No, not at level 7.

Also I see people mention these defensive passives and, especially on my might guy, I've seen people mention regeneration. I couldn't find it in the power list. I saw two guys dueling last night and noticed that the one guy just wouldn't die and they were talking about regeneration. And he was level 6. How the fuck do I get it?

Is it somewhere I wasn't looking or something?

bowen on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Regeneration is in the Supernatural tree, I believe.

Glal on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    yeah, Bestial Supernatural.

Strangely enough, I've had what I thought were good results with an Int/Pre sorcerer. Of course, I took Seraphim as quick as I could and have played in Sentinel form. I don't know how effective the build might be, probably not the most effective way to go.

But I don't die too easy, as long as I don't go pull huge groups (either on purpose or by accident, I've flown too low and got killed that way once or twice) or let my health get too low. Arcane Vitality actually heals really effectively, and I don't lose any energy because of the Sentinel boost to energy regen.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Can someone throw me a good trial please? *pewwww*

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Can someone throw me a good trial please?

Sent.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey bowen, have you read this and This guide yet?

has everyone?

Because you should.

Arch on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Been tinkering around with some toons, on the Trial.

The character creator is pretty cool, about on par, maybe a little better, than the CoH char-generator.
    So far I like my Might toon the most. I went with a Death Knight look for him, but when I got to pick my weapons I was very disappointed with the melee weapon choices, so went back and changed him to Might.

I also made a demon, who I think looks badass, with the Demonic sorcery set, or whatever its called. It seems to be pretty decent. Lash does some nice damage.

I'm a bit dissappointed with the Sorcery power set, but I really like the toon I created for it lol
    If I ever figure out how to take a screenshot, I'll post a few in the SS thread.

I hope gameplay picks up a bit, it already seems a tad tedious at level 7 (or 8?).

Do more powers open up as you get higher in level? My power choice options for Demonic and Sorcery, seemed to want me to take something from another pool.

At least Might had more kickass shit for me to take. That leap thing is handy as hell.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Can someone throw me a good trial please? readacted

Sent.

you oughtta remove his mail from your post to try and mitigate the amount of spam he gets, since this site is publicly indexed

Lilac Citizen on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not that worried as its my mmo crap only account but removed it anyway, thanks.

I don't have access to a character builder but just from reading guides I think I have a good idea of what to start out with.
    Going to focus on paranomal damage, sorcery to start with, using shadow form and super statting end/int, does that sound somewhat on the right track?

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Did I mention that I bought this?

Because I did! It's not too bad so far! Character creation is a bit complicated, but rather deep.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah, Bestial Supernatural.

Strangely enough, I've had what I thought were good results with an Int/Pre sorcerer. Of course, I took Seraphim as quick as I could and have played in Sentinel form. I don't know how effective the build might be, probably not the most effective way to go.

But I don't die too easy, as long as I don't go pull huge groups (either on purpose or by accident, I've flown too low and got killed that way once or twice) or let my health get too low. Arcane Vitality actually heals really effectively, and I don't lose any energy because of the Sentinel boost to energy regen.

Int/Presence isn't bad for a sorcer who wants to be healerish, but I myself prefer Pre/End for that type of play.

Regina Fong on