moving to new places

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    my mom was just trying to explain to me that the Boy Scouts refusing gays isn't discrimination, it's their choice

as a private organization, I agree that they can choose who can be members and who can't

I think what bothers me is that they are openly equating homosexuality with pedophiles/sexual predators. They aren't allowing gays in the boy scouts because of the hole "ranger Bob diddling young boys" thing, and A =/= B.

It's only gay scoutmasters that are refused and it's understandable considering the Boy Scouts isn't just for children but teenagers as well. I wouldn't put you in charge of a high-school aged girl scout troop.

It is impossible for a man to not want to fuck the kids he is in charge of teaching.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Subaru outbacks are really great for living in for extended periods of time. I really love my dear old car.

And I've decided to leave the artistic carving of the word "CUNT" on my car out of equal parts spite and laziness.

pillow on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay, I do understand that the two are not equatable, but saying to any stranger, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, that you don't think they can control themselves from sexually approaching an adolescent doesn't sit well with me.

But yes, I can understand the logic that would inspire the policy.

Again though, could most straight adult men control themselves if put in charge of a female scout troop with teenage girls? Probably but you're playing with fire in that sort of situation and a lot of people would consider dude camping out with a bunch of teenage girls inappropriate.

AMP'd: Yeah the keeping gay scouts out of leadership positions is shitty but it's their right.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    my mom was just trying to explain to me that the Boy Scouts refusing gays isn't discrimination, it's their choice

as a private organization, I agree that they can choose who can be members and who can't

I think what bothers me is that they are openly equating homosexuality with pedophiles/sexual predators. They aren't allowing gays in the boy scouts because of the hole "ranger Bob diddling young boys" thing, and A =/= B.

It's only gay scoutmasters that are refused and it's understandable considering the Boy Scouts isn't just for children but teenagers as well. I wouldn't put you in charge of a high-school aged girl scout troop.

Would you...allow a gay teacher to teach a class of teenage boys?

Teaching a class =/= spending nights with them in the woods but that was more of a personal jab at Hunter than anything else. Not saying the BSA is right but that their policy is understandable.

Homosexuals == rapists?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Homosexuals == rapists?

Considering that consensual sex with a 16 or 17 year old is legal in many states I don't see how you could possibly come to this conclusion from any of my posts.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    pillow wrote: »
    Subaru outbacks are really great for living in for extended periods of time. I really love my dear old car.

And I've decided to leave the artistic carving of the word "CUNT" on my car out of equal parts spite and laziness.

Why not just put "I <3" in front of it?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AMP'd: Yeah the keeping gay scouts out of leadership positions is shitty but it's their right.

I don't think anyone's denying that it's their right, but you seem to be claiming that

a) their position is understandable
    b) their reasoning for this is that gay leaders will somehow sexually abuse their charges

I would point you to the case of two lesbians prohibited from a leadership role in the Boy Scouts of America because they might have "pushed their lifestyle on the boys"

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Homosexuals == rapists?

Considering that consensual sex with a 16 or 17 year old is legal in many states I don't see how you could possibly come to this conclusion from any of my posts.

You want to fuck 16 year old boys?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Homosexuals == rapists?

You want to fuck 16 year old boys?

you don't?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There are forms of contact an organization would consider undesirable outside of sexual abuse and though I was not aware of that case I guess if you refuse gays you gotta refuse them all. :?

Butters on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    shit...there are too many ETHICS and VALUES

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it's like Kant said

don't do unto teenagers as you wouldn't have the gays do unto everyone

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Apparently the Girl Scouts have don't ask don't tell. I guess that's better than outright refusal.

Butters on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Apparently the Girl Scouts have don't ask don't tell. I guess that's better than outright refusal.

Yeah, it's much hotter to think of forbidden lesbian love too with those 16 and 17 year old chicks.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kovak wrote: »
    at anjin's place we provide you with a small mormon child to accompany your meal

mormon children are known for their lack of discipline

pizza, chicken, and other comfort food items sold at a decent price but a premium for The Goods

appetizers at the ready as opposed to a 15 minute wait to bookend a 20-25 minute wait

we're ready for you fuckers, we've had our NOS energy drinks and our No Fear shirts on. featuring nascar driver rusty wallace

each television screen in the sports bar plays the opening sequence to "The Day The Earth Stood Still" remake up to the point where keanu takes off his glove and stops right there

anyone asks to turn on the b-ball, gotta fucking leave

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yeah, it's much hotter to think of forbidden lesbian love too with those 16 and 17 year old chicks.

the girl scout outfits that girls wear for halloween are really just surplus official uniforms

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "I'd like my steak Medium-Well"

Stand up, and get the fuck out of my restaurant

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stale, I love you so much.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    somehow I don't imagine Stale's place would have very many vegetarian/pescatarian options

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Stale wrote: »

Steak that is beyond medium rare to medium is blasphemy.

Why anyone would want all the juices and flavors burned out of their steak is beyond me.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    somehow I don't imagine Stale's place would have very many vegetarian/pescatarian options

Even my Hummus is made of veal

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Why anyone would want all the juices and flavors burned out of their steak is beyond me.

Because a lot of people don't like getting intestinal diseases from uncooked meat?

That being said, I always get it medium well. Most places here that means just a tad pink in the middle.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

oh god veal I'm throwing up everywhere

i am painting the walls with my throw-ups

people forget about the oil spill as the ocean rises -- not from melting ice caps, but from my throwed upping

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Make a steak house like the Simpsons where I get to come in a slaughter my own cow by shooting it in the head, and I will love you forever.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

you're doing it wrong
    that's your opportunity to boost your profits by subbing out the expensive cut they ordered with some cheap round because the idiot won't be able to tell the difference

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Make a steak house like the Simpsons where I get to come in a slaughter my own cow by shooting it in the head, and I will love you forever.

Planet Carnivore : A Stale/Nugent Culinary Venture

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

So the cook has a way to get rid of all their old-ass beef?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I love veal. Good veal is just wonderful.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm still not eating meat!

pillow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »

Because a lot of people don't like getting intestinal diseases from uncooked meat?

That being said, I always get it medium well. Most places here that means just a tad pink in the middle.

Maybe if your immune system is compromised from shooting smack or barebacking your way through the New York club scene circa 1980, but you don't need to irradiate your steak on the sun to eliminate bacteria.

Also, the type of beef most likely to get you sick is actually ground beef, which is usually cooked well through no matter what and people still get E.Coli and other infections.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »

then you're wasting your money on any of the better cuts
    order cheap steak or get a burger and save yourself some money if you're not willing to actually enjoy it cooked properly

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    With how much tartare I eat I'm not concerned about a medium steak.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Usagi wrote: »

There are other ways to eat beef besides in steak form.

Older beef or cuts not good for steak can be cooked differently and put into other items to help the flavor. For a steak though, overcooking it is a sin and should be a death penalty offense.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Older beef or cuts not good for steak can be cooked differently and put into other items to help the flavor. For a steak though, overcooking it is a sin and should be a death penalty offense.

she's essentially agreeing with you though
    she's saying the same thing I told stale

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    god i hate ted nugent

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    pillow wrote: »
    I'm still not eating meat!

:^: :^:

I'm not eating red meat, still eating poultry, slowly easing it out of the diet

soon I'll be proper pescatarian

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

No seriously, this is how they get rid of older meat in the cooler

Somebody waltzes on and orders med well/well and bam, burnt to a flavorless crisp and sold at full price

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

she's essentially agreeing with you though
    she's saying the same thing I told stale

Wait, she's saying "I love you and want to have gay man babies with your butthole"?

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My brother tested positive for E.Coli, but it was his birth mother that had it. It was scary.

I won't be ordering steak, well done or otherwise, so don't you worry

pillow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My brother tested positive for E.Coli, but it was his birth mother that had it. It was scary.

I won't be ordering steak, well done or otherwise, so don't you worry

edit - HAY GUYS MY BRO ....

t shank - I kinda went cold turkey hur hur on it all and it sucked for about a week, then I figured out how to cook things and it's been going really well ever since!

pillow on