It's like a cross between Deliverance and the Mos Eisley Cantina

1481.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    my parents won't stop trying to make me watch glenn beck and see the light

my entire family is like this. all my possessions are pretty much still boxed up because I was supposed to be moved by now. I'm essentially in a guest bedroom.

my car broke down now too. no car, stuck at my parents house. job hasn't started yet. LIFE

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    my dad was all please bring women home oh thank god you're not gay

little does he know

man i am so glad to get away from drunken 'political discussions' that are usually filled with anti-gay rhetoric

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Aaaagh Wal-Mart

I won't go in the Rutherfordton Wal-Mart after dark

1481.jpg

Dad?
    1441.jpg

Hunter on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna be spending all night on that site looking for the ones tagged North Carolina to see if I can determine which ones are from Rutherfordton

A Herculean task to be sure

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've lived in the same suburb of Atlanta for most of my life, with the exception of 4 years at college.

I've lived in a small little apartment here for way too much rent for the past 3 years.

Moving in with the girlfriend to some house with a garage probably in October

But right now, honestly, my hope is to escape Georgia before I turn 30.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I used to live in Macon, Georgia

At the time I didn't like it

Now I would kill a man if doing so would get me back there as opposed to Rutherfordton

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I moved from Edmonton to Tunis to work for Total (French energy company) and dealt with an HR association from Total who could speak about maybe 20 words of English.

The entire affair gave me an ulcer and I had to head back to Canada to get it treated after five months of working. I never went back and basically left whatever belongings I had brought with me into my apartment there.

Like this one pair of hiking boots that I loved.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've lived in several places across southern Ontario and Alberta.

Right now I live in my parents basement.

I am the epitome of failure.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was in toronto for a while, i liked it. Then i moved back home after a long string of failure, and my neighbour got arrested for selling crack. There is a moral in there.

Melding on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, when I moved out of my home town of Tiny Ass Hole in the Wall, Pennsylvania, I never looked back.

Now my wife wants to move back because her sister and brother both moved there and she wants to spend time with her nephews.

Hunter on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Yeah, when I moved out of my home town of Tiny Ass Hole in the Wall, Pennsylvania, I never looked back.

Now my wife wants to move back because her sister and brother both moved there and she wants to spend time with her nephews.

If you love someone, set them free.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hate moving. Did it twice for college. Both times sucked. I never realized how much useless shit I had until it came time to move.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »

If you love someone, set them free.
    Buy her a plane ticket.

A one way plane ticket.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aaaagh Wal-Mart

One time I stopped at my local Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania after midnight when I was working a third shift. The creatures that I saw shocked and awed me.

People buying a full cart full of groceries at 1am on like a Thursday. WTF.

i am this person

i love grocery shopping past midnight

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I approve of late night grocery shopping.

However I have been to a Walmart in the states and let me tell you it is a terrifying ordeal.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Kovak wrote: »
    Aaaagh Wal-Mart

One time I stopped at my local Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania after midnight when I was working a third shift. The creatures that I saw shocked and awed me.

i am this person

I do too, but only because I work nights.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

little does he know

man i am so glad to get away from drunken 'political discussions' that are usually filled with anti-gay rhetoric

you think you have it bad, I'm surrounded by military people who often feel some sort of obligation to the republican party no matter how many times they stomp our dicks. And it's not just their political leanings, it's the very ill-informed opinions that are like 50 grit sandpaper on the back of my head

I basically have to turn my brain off or lose my mind frequently when anything politically related comes around.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm still living at home with my parents because instead of going and finding a real job after college I joined this startup company because it seemed like it would be a few months and then I'd start getting paid and then surprise it's been a year now and still shit. I should probably give up and start job-hunting but goddamnit it's always so close to working out and if it ever does work out I will be in much better shape than in a starter position anywhere else.

I guess what I am saying is I would very much like to have moving stories here to relate but I do not so good luck!

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aaaagh Wal-Mart

i am this person

I worked nights for about a solid year. It was hands down the best time to do your shopping.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ZeroFill wrote: »

little does he know

you think you have it bad, I'm surrounded by military people who often feel some sort of obligation to the republican party no matter how many times they stomp our dicks. And it's not just their political leanings, it's the very ill-informed opinions that are like 50 grit sandpaper on the back of my head

I basically have to turn my brain off or lose my mind frequently when anything politically related comes around.

You think that's bad; we just skipped straight past the bullshit and at 17 I got plain kicked out. (It wasn't really so bad.)

pillow on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I moved, kinda

From home to college

From college to a new home in FL (Mom moved all the stuff)

Then from an apartment to a house in FL

Then to an apartment again, but not with mom (yay)

But it wasn't really MOVING moving, since either most of it was moved for me, or I only moved some of it, or I only took a little bit of stuff

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    YOU think THATS bad
    I am not good at one-upping

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I moved to Florida

it's pretty awesome so far

Javen on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    YOU think THATS bad
    I am not good at one-upping

Oh yeah!? Well how about THIS
    I am, I am!

I kinda move boxes around for a living, if you want to call it "a living." I got this moving shit down pat.

pillow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    are you people 75 and living in Del Boca Vista?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aaaagh Wal-Mart

i am this person

in the south all we did was shop in the middle of the night

getting our chicken lasagna on

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    we moved around a bunch when I was a kid

lost the good red BMX the one time we used a moving company

have lived in the same place for like 10 years now, kind of hopefully gonna move out within the year though

L|ama on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    I moved to Florida

it's pretty awesome so far

It's the first time I've ever moved, ever. Lived in the same house my entire life. This is officially the longest I've ever been away from my childhood home

Javen on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think I am going to move to the city after college!

my whole life I've been like "ugh the city gross" but now I'm like "hey what a neat place to be living with friends as a young person"

also I always kinda figured the whole city was like Manhattan being a naive west-coast child, but woops, turns out parts of Brooklyn are amazing (park slope ghrglrhgl)

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I kind of like moving. fresh starts and all that. I've been moving a lot (well compared to most people I know) since I was a wee one so I'm pretty used to it.

packing/unpacking still sucks though.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010

my whole life I've been like "ugh the city gross" but now I'm like "hey what a neat place to be living with friends as a young person"

also I always kinda figured the whole city was like Manhattan being a naive west-coast child, but woops, turns out parts of Brooklyn are amazing (park slope ghrglrhgl)

I grew up in the burbs and until I was a young adult I thought I wanted to stay in the burbs
    but I ended up moving closer to the city because I needed to move and it was near where I worked and affordable, and I realized how great it can be (for me, not everyone of course) to live in a more urban setting where you don't have to drive everywhere and there's actually nightlife and culture

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Shopping at night is fun and strange, but then I'll feel like a jerk for having a billion groceries when there is a line and only one cashier

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Everything is better at night.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

I grew up in the burbs and until I was a young adult I thought I wanted to stay in the burbs
    but I ended up moving closer to the city because I needed to move and it was near where I worked and affordable, and I realized how great it can be (for me, not everyone of course) to live in a more urban setting where you don't have to drive everywhere and there's actually nightlife and culture

I've never even lived anywhere with burbs

I just don't know if I can stay all-there in a place where I don't have the woods out my backdoor -- I've grown up in a series of places surrounded by wilderness

I'm still pretty certain I'm going to settle down in a town that's a little removed from everything, but I'll give metropolis a shot for a couple of years

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sun tanning at night is definitely better.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i hate moving so very much

between the ages of 18 and 23 i probably moved all my shit a total of about ten times

i am staying put for now

satansfingers on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    someone help me figure out why I keep falling for girls who live in/are moving to Virginia

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    AMP'd wrote: »
    someone help me figure out why I keep falling for girls who live in/are moving to Virginia

because you are absolutely mad about hymen-poppin

Charles Kinbote on