As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars RPG

Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Critical Failures
I'm thinking of learning the Star Wars RPG. I've been playing D&D for years, and I thought I would branch out a little bit. Is there (other than the source books) a good place to go for campaign/player ideas and other useful stuff. I plan on visiting the WOTC website, but I was hoping for a couple other places to go too.

Crimson Phantom on

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you're not going to find anything unfortunately, WotC let the Star Wars license lapse just a short time ago and they've taken the site down.

the forums might still be up, and another great community is the d20 radio network. (just google d20 radio)

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's a bummer. I always considered getting into it myself someday. Maybe now we'll see some cheap minis coming available.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The WOTC website still has stuff on it. Articles, previews of the books, Q&A, etc. Its not useless.

Not even close to the support D&D has, but there is still content there to check out.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If the community is still there in the official forums, it's a great place to go for help.

The Saga forums were always a ton more helpful and civil than the D&D forums.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    The WOTC website still has stuff on it. Articles, previews of the books, Q&A, etc. Its not useless.

Not even close to the support D&D has, but there is still content there to check out.

no, it doesn't

the star wars page was taken down just a couple weeks ago.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    If the community is still there in the official forums, it's a great place to go for help.

The Saga forums were always a ton more helpful and civil than the D&D forums.

so very very true

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Steelhawk wrote: »

no, it doesn't

the star wars page was taken down just a couple weeks ago.

Really? ......click..... Holy crap, you're right. I did not know that.

Now I'm a little sad.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    WotC has a long standing lukewarm support for Star Wars products. I've always been baffled by this, because it seems as if the product should be one of the most popular. I know I own a significant collection of the books. :)

Shushnik on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »
    WotC has a long standing lukewarm support for Star Wars products. I've always been baffled by this, because it seems as if the product should be one of the most popular. I know I own a significant collection of the books. :)

I always thought that their level of support for products is inversely tied to the quality of said product. So the better something is, the faster they'll cancel support for it. They're like the FOX of table-top.

SAGA was looking to buck that trend.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    Is that a stealthy rip on D&D? ;)

Shushnik on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The level of Saga support was partially due to the fact that none of the people who actually worked in creating the books was a full time staff member at Wizards. Rodney, Tao and the rest were all freelancers.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    More like a lamentation for Netrunner, and all the other cool experimental stuff they've put out over the years that didn't get any level of support beyond the core set.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    well, the fact is that a star wars RPG is basically a niche within a niche, and Lucasfilm licensing costs are probably a bitch

Saga got a really good treatment all things considered. all of the books released add something good to the game but none of them are mandatory.

Super Namicchi on