As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NAME ON] Strategy Game Thingy

BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
Alright, this has been bugging me for a while, so I figured I might as well ask here.

It was a PC/ported to Playstation1 game, I get the feeling there was a 'zone' of some sort in the name, not sure. Anyway, the story was that Earth just got fucked by a apolocalypse, all that stuff, nuclear winter and whatnots. In the story bits I think you were some sort of government dude fighting raiders and such, there could have been some crazy story elements, I never got far enough. Also satellites.

As for the gameplay, you built various different bases using power or something, and for units you, uh, made up blueprints for every tank (you picked from say, wheels or tracks, cannon or fuck-off death laser etc). I think you had to research new upgrades for your tanks, and the tanks could gain experience. There may have been other units, but I just remember the whole build your own tanks thing as being something new to my 10 or so year old brain.

So yeah, if anyone could tell me the name from my admittedly misshappen block of text, that'd be very much appreciated. I expect I got some of the details wrong, but hey.

Biosys on

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    subedii on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That was quick, thanks.

Next question:

Any idea if it'll work on Windows 7?

EDIT: Nevermind, checked the Wikipedia article, there's an open source version up that works on Windows 7 apparently.

Feel free to lock this now mods.

Biosys on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Biosys wrote: »
    That was quick, thanks.

Penny Arcade: 30 minutes or your gameplay's free. :P

But I was familiar with other games in the series from before, so I knew roughly what you were talking about.

subedii on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Biosys wrote: »
    That was quick, thanks.

Next question:

Any idea if it'll work on Windows 7?

EDIT: Nevermind, checked the Wikipedia article, there's an open source version up that works on Windows 7 apparently.

Feel free to lock this now mods.

http://wz2100.net

It's free, open source, and totally fucking awesome still. It still has a community of people who update and play the game and I've been having a lot of fun with some friends of mine recently.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png