As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For someone who speaks fluent Spanish

HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm sending a going away present to someone who is heading across the Atlantic to study in Spain for awhile and I want to put something in the card but I have very little fluency with Spanish and really don't trust online automated translators.

So who would you say "Because you absolutely have to see it and who knows when you'll get to see them. Have a blast in Spain!" in Spanish?

HappylilElf on

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Porque definitivamente tienes que verlo, y sepa cuando podrás verlos (en vivo). Pásatela increíble en España!

That could have a Mexican Spanish tone to it though, so you could use;

Porque definitivamente tienes que verlo, y quiensabe cuando podrás verlos (en vivo). ¡Pásatela increíble en España!

I suppose that you're sending some sort of music video, and you're saying he/she needs to see it, because who knows when he/she will get the opportunity to see them live. So, the part that says (en vivo) might need to be added to that, because otherwise it isn't very clear.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sending the complete series of a TV show she only got to see the first few episodes of but loved and a couple CDs of a local band that plays irish folk which she loves listening to/playing so yeah probably need the "en vivo" in there I guess?

Thanks!

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Porque definitivamente tienes que verlo y quien sabe cuando tendras la oportunidad de verlos. Que te diviertas muchísimo en España.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!