As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Slow flash steaming/buffering?

SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch*Registered User regular
For some reason my reasonably good (2.8 GHz C2D) computer is having trouble buffering flash videos, taking a few minutes to buffer even a <2 minute flash video off youtube/gametrailers/etc. I'm pretty sure the problem is with flash, because I'm experiencing similar (slow) speeds in Firefox, IE, and even a fresh install of chrome. I'm pretty sure it's not the connection either, because one of the older P4s on the same network is able to load the same video at the same time in like 10 seconds vs the few minutes I mentioned before.

I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling the newest version of flash from Adobe's site (10.1.53), which helped a little, but it's still painfully slow (as in, like a quarter of the speed of the video). Anyone have any other ideas?

steam_sig.png
Spoit on

• GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have you tested the site with other computers? Youtube can be pretty shitty when it is under load, which is always.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Have you tested the site with other computers? Youtube can be pretty shitty when it is under load, which is always.

Yeah, that's what I was saying, that I started loading the video on my computer, then went and was able to completely load it on the P4 in the other room, and when I came back, it was only half loaded on my computer.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png