Options

Adventure [Chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought PotC was just meh?

No, there are many wrong people in the world.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm confused as to why a friend of mine with no political leanings other than the basic left-wing bohemian skillset, and no apparently African ethnic origin of any sort, would have the Côte d'Ivoire flag as her FB profile picture.

Like confused to the point where I don't know if it would be appropriate to ask.

I assume it's something to do with the World Cup, but her last few statuses have only been swooning about how hot Ronaldo is... so like... WTF?

I'd play it safe and remove her from your friend's list. Just looking at the odds it seems that if this has you confused then she's not the kind to make clever jokes, otherwise you'd be looking for a punchline, so she's caught a bad case of the stupids. And that is highly contagious.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    The problem with past MMOFPS's like planetside is that they aren't -real- fps's.

Real FPS's do not require rpg accuracy/damage checks.

Fuck that. If I aim at their head damage should be calculated by location and gun power

ONLY THAT. No RPG stats.

That's why I think a borderlands mmo could work. Just take the formula they have there and make it massive. You can still have some RPG and it matters where you shoot.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why a friend of mine with no political leanings other than the basic left-wing bohemian skillset, and no apparently African ethnic origin of any sort, would have the Côte d'Ivoire flag as her FB profile picture.

Like confused to the point where I don't know if it would be appropriate to ask.

I assume it's something to do with the World Cup, but her last few statuses have only been swooning about how hot Ronaldo is... so like... WTF?

I'd play it safe and remove her from your friend's list. Just looking at the odds it seems that if this has you confused then she's not the kind to make clever jokes, otherwise you'd be looking for a punchline, so she's caught a bad case of the stupids. And that is highly contagious.

You present a compelling case.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

IC are playing Brazil tonight. Probably that.

Tav on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »

IC are playing Brazil tonight. Probably that.

So she hates Brazil. Of course!

Chanus on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Depp and Bloom's interactions in the early parts of Pirates of the Carribbean really are what brought those movies to life. The stuff before they teamed up is decent, but not overwhelmingly good.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ah... clarification: "ooooo Didier!!!!!!!!!!! ronaldo is hot, but Didier is THE MAN! Go Côte d'Ivoire!!!!"

Chanus on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    some real charmers in that internet dating thread
    We were hanging out in a coffee shop discussing our problems with seeing normal people - when you're past a certain level, through nobody's fault you just can't hold a normal conversation with a normal person. We were going from favorite jazz stars to interesting cardiac pathologies in the span of a minute.

Organichu on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ah... clarification: "ooooo Didier!!!!!!!!!!! ronaldo is hot, but Didier is THE MAN! Go Côte d'Ivoire!!!!"
    sounds like a case of the stoopids anyway.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Didier is a diving sack of shit.

He is worse than the entire Italian team combined.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    We were hanging out in a coffee shop discussing our problems with seeing normal people - when you're past a certain level, through nobody's fault you just can't hold a normal conversation with a normal person. We were going from favorite jazz stars to interesting cardiac pathologies in the span of a minute.

If you refer to jazz musicians as "stars", you're just pretending to like jazz in order to look cool or get laid.

Chanus on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Everybody likes to think they are special.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think the two Pirates sequels suffered from the same problem as the Matrix sequels. The original movies were perfectly good standalone surprise hits that did the job and then should have been allowed to leave the stage gracefully. But no.

Dead Man's Chest was better than Curse of the Black Pearl.

No, not really. The first was an absolute joy where a terrible movie based on a theme park ride was expected. The second was pretty unimpressive.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    sounds like a case of the stoopids anyway.

Yeah. I'm re-evaluating things currently.

Chanus on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait, that's not normal?

Man

Aldo on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    False... Ivory Coast is playing Portugal, right now.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    it's so good

I hope you're watching

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I wonder who is going to dive harder... Ronaldo is pretty good at it, too.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think the two Pirates sequels suffered from the same problem as the Matrix sequels. The original movies were perfectly good standalone surprise hits that did the job and then should have been allowed to leave the stage gracefully. But no.

No, not really. The first was an absolute joy where a terrible movie based on a theme park ride was expected. The second was pretty unimpressive.

What would you know? You're British.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can't hold conversations with normal people.

I appear as a writhing creature shrieking in tongues.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I can't hold conversations with normal people.

I appear as a writhing creature shrieking in tongues.

You just have a weird dialect.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

And therefore unable to accurately judge the quality of pirate movies? Unrelenting logic all up ins.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I find it's tough to converse with girls when your dick is in their mouth.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

And therefore unable to accurately judge the quality of pirate movies? Unrelenting logic all up ins.

Unable to accurately judge anything, actually. British people have the worst taste in entertainment.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ME2 dlc bought. Along with some of the arcade stuff they've got on sale.

Bogart on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Everybody likes to think they are special.

Yeah but the line of thought that would make you call other people "normal" is so much all singing all dancing crap of the world it makes my skin crawl. I bet their conversation was as superficial as that post. Like it was a bullshit contest that was total lose lose. No second date coming for them.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Actually I take that back, because Ricky Gervias is pretty awesome but that's about it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

it's a well known fact that the british have it out for pirates

didn't you watch those pirates of the caribbean movies

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

o'rly

getting mah matches mixed up >.<

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    British people have the worst taste in entertainment.

American people blah blah disparaging remark blah blah.

Bogart on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    it's so good

I hope you're watching

I am, I was laying in bed watching it. Now I'm making coffee and watching, then back to bed.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dammit NATO, why don't you have any vacancies is your Parisian offices?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Unable to accurately judge anything, actually. British people have the worst taste in entertainment.

I'm Northern Irish and I agree with him.

And no I'm not British. At best I'm United Kingdomish.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    British people have the worst taste in entertainment.

American people blah blah disparaging remark blah blah.

Bodyweight/Inability to cook/Intercourse with dogs/etc.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    ShellyBeeShellyBee Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Irish accents are sweet!

ShellyBee on
    I want to get away, I want to fly, away.
    I also want more sleep!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    my exam is june 23rd

i will be an adult soon yaaaaay

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Hey, if fat perverts chasing scantily clad women around in erratic circles to the tune of Yakety Sax isn't the height of humour, I don't want to know what is!

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    my exam is june 23rd

i will be an adult soon yaaaaay

You have to do lots of revision to make sure you pass your Adult exams. Otherwise you'll stay a non-voting child forever.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ME2 dlc bought. Along with some of the arcade stuff they've got on sale.

I'm hearing the overlord achievements are kind of buggy and am afraid to play it until I learn more

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/107/index/2888820

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.