As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let me tell you another [TOY STORY]

191011121315»

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sipex wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    What has he been in then?

BAM: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000885/

A lot of movies which aren't my cup of tea, but there you go.

Highlights include Deliverance, all the Donner Superman movies, Homicide: Life on the Street, All the Presidents Men...

Of course, he'll always be known as the "Squeal piggy" guy in Deliverance.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sentry wrote: »

Highlights include Deliverance, all the Donner Superman movies, Homicide: Life on the Street, All the Presidents Men...

It's kind of odd considering Hamm is in this movie that the line didn't make it into the movie in some form

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How many trilogies made at different times can claim to be so successful? Not many, I reckon.

This film was So Good. Funny and dramatic and emotional and every superlative I've thrown at a Pixar film in the last 15 years.

Highlight was Ken and his cool and groovy ways, but I also have a soft spot for Mr Pricklepants.

However I have a disappointment.
    At the climax of Toy Story, an inspirational piece of music is played as Buzz flies. This is called "To Infinity and Beyond".

"This is falling with style!"

This music gets a triumphant reprisal in Toy Story 2.

"That was definately Woody's Finest Hour!"

My disappointment is that this music is sadly absent from Toy Story 3. Unless I missed it.

Eh, it's the slightest slight disappointment since Slighty the Slight Man slightly slighted his best friend.[/Blackadder] And I shall definately be enhancing the foreign revenue of it when I get home.

Thank you for reminding me that Toy Story 2 has one of my favorite movie climaxes. Just WOW.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The only thing i was slightly disappointed about was there was no RC in this one

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It's kind of odd considering Hamm is in this movie that the line didn't make it into the movie in some form

...you want to shoehorn in a reference to redneck anal rape into a kid's movie?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, considering it's a prison movie...
    it's not much of a leap to see how Buzz was reset as something akin to the Sisters scene in Shawshank. But you'd have to WANT to go there. Kids won't ever pick up on that.

Ned Beatty is probably most famous for Deliverance, Superman, Homicide, and Rudy. It's probably a toss up between Bobby from "Deliverance" and Otis from "Superman," as to his most known role, but to say "he hasn't done anything, really" is pretty silly.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

...you want to shoehorn in a reference to redneck anal rape into a kid's movie?

I was thinking more of an interrogation scene where they talk about how Hamm is hard to crack. Then Lotso comes in and says a variation of the line

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So having watched Toy Story 3, I decided to go back and rewatch the first two movies
    (On magnificent Blu-Ray!)
    I must say, these films really are timeless. Watching the second film, I felt as awe struck as
    I did watching it the first time. Just the scale of it is great. (Of course there were also a whole
    bunch of Star Wars references)

All three movies make such a solid great trilogy. Which is especially rare.
    One thing that bothered me at the ending of Toy Story 3 was that they no longer belonged to Andy. I just felt that it was sad and that maybe Andy could have kept them or stayed with Molly etc. However at the end of two, its more than just who owns who, but the toys being together. Which makes it especially painful remembering all the toys who didn't make it into 3.

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    One thing that bothered me at the ending of Toy Story 3 was that they no longer belonged to Andy. I just felt that it was sad and that maybe Andy could have kept them or stayed with Molly etc. However at the end of two, its more than just who owns who, but the toys being together. Which makes it especially painful remembering all the toys who didn't make it into 3.
    Well, you know, the whole thing about 3 was having to grow up and leave your childhood behind, but it doesn't mean you have to, y'know, abandon it. Least that's what I got out of it.

Jintor on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    Well, you know, the whole thing about 3 was having to grow up and leave your childhood behind, but it doesn't mean you have to, y'know, abandon it. Least that's what I got out of it.
    You know, I like your take on it. I guess I may have been looking too deeply into the Andy/Toy relationship.
    Your take makes more sense and is happier if anything haha

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    On the subject of animated movies, did anyone else see Despicable me? I thought it was pretty good. It's no Toy Story 3, but Pixar spoils us.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was turned off by the second trailer which involved the antagonist (cant really use 'bad guy', can I) rubbing a keyboard against his butt.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    I was turned off by the second trailer which involved the antagonist (cant really use 'bad guy', can I) rubbing a keyboard against his butt.

He was my least favorite character, really. His whole character is just empty attitude; it felt like something a focus group or network exec forced in.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.