1051 Downloadable songs as of August 17th, 2010.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 on-disc tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
45 Lego Rock Band tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
47 Green Day Rock Band tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
1300 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2 (not including RBN)
Wanna check out RBN tracks? GO HERE
This Week's DLC
These tracks will be available for purchase as “Ministry Pack 02,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.
- “Jesus Built My Hotrod”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for Ministry Pack 02
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
Next Week's DLC
The Black Keys
- “Strange Times”
- “I Got Mine”
- “Your Touch”
- “Sins of My Youth”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Black Keys Pack 01 or Neon Trees Pack 01
Confirmed by artist/band and developers/MTV:
- Snoop Dogg
- More Jimi Hendrix DLC
- Pearl Jam (more live stuff or a standalone game)
The following songs are available for free download via the Rock Band Music Store for the PS3, 360, and the Wii (those not on the Wii are noted):
- "Still Alive" by GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton
- "Promised Land" by Vesuvius *not on the Wii*
- "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts *not on the Wii*
- "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
- "Dreaming of Love" by Lights Resolve
- "Am I Crazy" by Little Fish
If you purchased Rock Band 2 brand spanking new, you are entitled to an additional 20 free tracks, mostly from Indie bands. Check the back of the manual for instructions. The code is a one time use. The pack includes:
"Ashes to Fire" by Ghost Hounds
"Bounce" by the Cab
"Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
"Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
"Database Corrupted" by Dealership
"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
"Get It On" by the Chevelles
"Give It to Me" by the Cocktail Slippers
"I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
"I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
"I.V." by X Japan
"If I Ain't Got You" by the Len Price 3
"Like a Fool" by Shaimus
"Magnetic Baby" by Semi Precious Weapons
"No Regrets" by Authority Zero
"Prequel to the Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
"Sons and Daughters" by the 88
"The Feeling" by Kutless
"The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
"Young" by Hollywood Undead
The podcast is linked
up on the 'Zine page of the RockBand.com page. Subscribe via iTunes
Rock Band DLC list via WikiPedia
Rock Band Unplugged DLC list via WikiPedia
Albums available for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance
by Judas Priest
by the Cars
by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Blood Sugar Sex Magick
by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape
by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003
by No Doubt
by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
by Pearl Jam
by Guns 'n Roses
by Jane's Addiction
Back from the Dead
by Spinal Tap
by Pearl Jam
Rust in Peace
Axis: Bold as Love
by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
by No Doubt
British Steel 30th Anniversary
by Judas Priest
The Great Southern Trendkill
PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA
as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay
and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.
IF YOU WANT YOUR HANDLE HERE, PM ME
Forum Handle / PSN Name
midgetspy / Fiddlehumper
Ketar / Ketar
toolbert / toolbert
Junior Yank / junioryank
GarethMagis / garethmagis
dergderg / GorenGhast
Wii Number Insanity
Homestar Gunner 3336-5117-8458
Joe Dizzy 0673-6361-3795
Rock Band 3
October 26, 2010
Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, and a DS version
Rock Band 3 will include several new features to the current selection of gameplay modes:
- Vocal Harmonies - Continuing from Beatles Rock Band and into Green Day Rock Band, these are now a staple allowing up to three people to sing three distinct parts.
- Keyboards - An actual midi keyboard will be sold that can be worn like a keytar. Two full octaves.
- Hook Up Your E-Kit/Keyboard - Got an electronic keyboard or an electronic drumkit? A MIDI converter box will be sold after RB3 releases to allow the use of your own real gear!
- Revamped World Tour Mode - What has been mentioned is that you can go on actual tours through cities and play through setlists rather than just sitting in one area and clearing out setlists.
- Drop In and Out - Players can jump in or out of songs without interrupting a song already in progress. They can also change instruments or difficulty settings during a song without pausing.
- Song Filtering - With the new system, "you can say, 'only show me songs in Rock Band 3' or 'only songs under three minutes' or 'Eighties metal songs from my (downloadable) collection,' " Teasdale says. "It's a really cool way to take your full library down to a manageable list of songs." There is also song voting (similar to RBN with the lighters) with higher rated songs showing up in random setlists.
- Pro Mode - Learn to play songs with actual instruments! Will have it's own difficulty tier and two versions of guitars will be sold, one with 100+ fret buttons and an actual guitar with touch sensors. Drums and Vocals will have Pro Mode but don't require new peripherals. There is bass pro mode but you use either of the two guitars they sell for it.
- Legacy Content - A large amount of current DLC and playable tracks have had their charts updated for Pro Mode and to integrate keyboard and other new designs. Go to the RB forums and vote for them!
- Revamped Scoring - The game still grabs your individual instrument score even when playing in a band.
"Killing Lonliness" by HIM
"Oh My God" by Ida Maria
"Me Enamora" by Juanes
"Combat Baby" by Metric
"Lasso" by Phoenix
"Antibodies" by Poni Hoax
"Portions for Foxes" Rilo Kiley
"Before I Forget" by Slipknot
"Dead End Friends" by Them Crooked Vultures
"Humanoid" by Tokio Hotel
"Get Free" by the Vines
"The Hardest Button to Button" by the White Stripes
"Oye Mi Amor" by Maná
"Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction
"The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson
"Hey Man Nice Shot" by Filter
"Du Hast" by Rammstein
"Walkin' on the Sun" by Smash Mouth
"In the Meantime" by Spacehog
"Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots
"Just Like Heaven" by the Cure
"Rainbow in the Dark" by Dio
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
"Foolin'" by Def Leppard
"Need You Tonight" by INXS
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"The Power of Love" Huey Lewis and the News
"I Love Rock 'n' Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
"Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne
"The Look" by Roxette
"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
"Get Up, Stand Up" by Bob Marley and the Wailers
"Cold as Ice" by Foreigner
"Low Rider" by War
"Rock Lobster" by the B-52s
"Roundabout" by Yes
"Break On Through" by The Doors
"Crosstown Traffic" by Jimi Hendrix
"Space Oddity" by David Bowie
The Beatles Rock Band
Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii
WHAT'S IN IT?
- Compatibility - Due to restrictions by Apple, on-disc and DLC tracks for the Beatles Rock Band will not be compatible with any other Rock Band game.
- Harmonies - Two additional people can sing back up vocals. All microphones are tied to one controller allowing for any combination of singers, potentially up to 6 people (3 singers, 3 instruments) can play because of this.
- Overdrive/Beatlemania! - Due to restrictions by Apple, it seems the freestyle drum fill to activate Overdrive/Beatlemania! on drums no longer exists. Instead, you're given a glowing green gem to hit to activate it minus the drum fill.
- Effects - Guitar switch effects are disabled in-game. Whammy doesn't always produce a modified noise. Most of this has to do with the lack of split tracks. Opening/Closing drum fills are silenced as well.
- Unlockable media - Never before seen videos, photos, and other neat goodies relating to the Fab Four.
- Dreamscapes - While the game follows the Beatles' career at the start, they end up being cooped up in Abbey Road Studios in the later half. In order to present better visuals than just strumming in the studio, Harmonix has gone ahead and created these dreamscapes - imagined cinematics of the song that plays out while you play.
- Downloadable Albums - Abbey Road has been announced to be the first full album with more full albums to come after the game's release. See below for release dates and albums.
- New Instruments - Based on the Beatles' own gear:
- John Lennon’s Rickenbacker 325 guitar
- Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark Höfner bass
- George Harrison’s Gretsch Duo Jet guitar
- Ringo Starr’s drums with classic black oyster pearl finish and Ludwig-branded Beatles kick drum head
Unlock some hidden photos that show some bonus Beatles photos along with development artwork and planning by quickly entering this at the start menu:Blue, Yellow, Orange, Orange, Orange, Blue, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Orange.
* I Saw Her Standing There
* Do You Want To Know A Secret
* Twist And Shout
* I Wanna Be Your Man
* I Want to Hold Your Hand
* A Hard Day’s Night
* Can’t Buy Me Love
* I Feel Fine
* Eight Days A Week
* Ticket To Ride
* Day Tripper
* Drive My Car
* I’m Looking Through You
* If I Needed Someone
* Paperback Writer
* Yellow Submarine
* And Your Bird Can Sing
* Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
* With a Little Help from My Friends
* Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
* Getting Better
* Good Morning Good Morning
* I Am The Walrus
* Hello Goodbye
* Back In The U.S.S.R.
* Dear Prudence
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
* Helter Skelter
* Hey Bulldog
* Don’t Let Me Down
* Come Together
* Octopus’s Garden
* I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
* Here Comes The Sun
* Dig A Pony
* I Me Mine
* I’ve Got A Feeling
* Get Back
* Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
* The End
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks
• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “Her Majesty”
In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Release Date: November 16th, 2009
• “Fixing A Hole”
• “She’s Leaving Home”
• “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
• “Within You Without You”
• “When I’m Sixty Four”
• “Lovely Rita”
• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
• “A Day In The Life”
Release Date: December 15th, 2009
• “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
• “You Won’t See Me”
• “Nowhere Man”
• “Think For Yourself”
• “The Word”
• “What Goes On”
• “In My Life”
• “Run For Your Life”
Lego Rock Band
Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DS
WHAT'S IN IT?
45 Master Tracks
- Exportable - The entire setlist will be exportable to your hard drive (just like Rock Band) for about $10 (PS3 & 360). Requires a code packed in PS3 and Xbox 360 carts.
- Importable - Some current Rock Band DLC will be playable in Lego Rock Band once it goes through a content filter.
- Difficulty - The game is targeting the younger crowd and/or families. As such the difficulty curve is set much lower. This includes Super Easy mode.
- Gameplay - While the music sections maintain the usual Rock Band gameplay, there are Lego specific challenges that have your band create/destroy buildings. You will also collect Lego Bricks to build and customize your avatars and your "rock den."
- Nintendo DS version - The handheld version for the DS will be quite similar to the PSP's RB Unplugged. You will switch between the four instruments and play with four buttons.
- No Online multiplayer - Console versions have no online multiplayer. The DS version offers local, cart required multiplayer.
- Lego-ized Rockers - Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Blur, Spinal Tap, Queen and others appear in the game.
* = song appears on DS version
"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend*
"Accidentally In Love" by Counting Crows*
"Aliens Exist" by Blink 182
"Breakout" by Foo Fighters
"Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings*
"Crash" by the Primatives*
"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John
"Dig" by Incubus
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by the Police
"Fire" by Jimi Hendrix
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty*
"Dreaming of You" by the Coral
"Grace" by Supergrass*
"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.*
"Girls and Boys" by Good Charlotte*
"I Want You Back" by Jackson 5*
"In Too Deep" by Sum 41*
"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas*
"Let's Dance" by David Bowie*
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts*
"Make Me Smile" by Steve Harly
"Monster" by the Automatic*
"Naïve" by the Kooks
"The Passenger" by Iggy Pop*
"Real Wild Child" by Everlife
"Ride a White Swan" by T. Rex
"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" by Lostprophets
"Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs*
"Short & Sweet" by Spinal Tap
"So What" by P!nk*
"Song 2" by Blur
"Stumble and Fall" by Razorlight
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall*
"Summer of 69" by Brian Adams
"Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects*
"The Final Countdown" by Europe*
"Thunder" by Boys Like Girls
"Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors*
"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves*
"We Are The Champions" by Queen*
"We Will Rock You" by Queen*
"Word Up!" by Korn
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi
Rock Band Network
Available now on LIVE
Xbox 360 - All features
PS3 & Wii - Limited DLC from RBN after it goes on LIVE, PS3 might get the full RBN later on
WHAT BANDS ARE DOING THIS?
The Rock Band Network is a system designed by Harmonix Music Systems with the help of Microsoft to allow musical artists and record labels to make their music available as playable tracks for the Rock Band series of rhythm video games. The Network was designed to allow more music to be incorporated into Rock Band than Harmonix themselves could produce, and it is seen as a way to further expand the games' music catalog into a wide variety of genres. The Network is set to start beta testing in September 2009, with it becoming publicly available to all Xbox 360 players in November; Harmonix hopes to be able to also bring these songs to the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles.
The Rock Band Network is based on the XNA Creators Club model and uses peer review to check songs for playability, copyright violations, and profanity. Harmonix has developed a suite of software tools, including a modified version of REAPER, a digital audio sound tool, and Magma, a metadata packaging tool, for use by artists and labels. In addition, Harmonix has helped to spawn the creation of several third-party companies, based on the previous hacking environment for the creation of custom songs, that will author an artist's song into a Rock Band track. Artists retain full control on their songs, and receive 30% of the sales from the Network. Several artists and labels have already committed to expanding the distribution of their music through the network.
This obviously gives smaller, indie bands a venue for some cash. There is a list up on the Rock Band forums
of bands and labels who may be putting songs up on the Rock Band Network. Expect to see more from Harmonix bands, Johnathan Coulton, and plenty of Indie bands.
I HAVE A BAND!
Great! Have a look at the process and tool you will need over on the RBN page
HOW DO I USE THIS NOW THAT IT IS LIVE?
As long as you have an Xbox 360, Rock Band 2, and LIVE, the Rock Band Network Store should be under the Music Store after you press start on the opening screen. From there you can preview all the songs, download demos, and buy songs. The demo is basically 30 seconds from the beginning of the song where you can play for free. If you pause the song in there, you can purchase it. Songs purchased from the RBN will show up as their own category in song selection with a tiny RBN logo. RBN tracks can't be played in Tour Challenge mode or via mystery setlists.
I HAVE A PS3/WII AND I CAN'T GET THIS!?
Hold on there. Let's get this out of the way before you start getting the wrong idea. The reason why the RBN is focused on the 360 side is because the tools for developing it were there. LIVE has XNA
which allowed for this to happen. Using this service in order to create DLC, having a pricing/royalty setup already, and being allowed to go through the steps to post things on the marketplace thanks to Microsoft allowing Harmonix to self-police RBN content means that everything will run smooth. Neither Nintendo nor Sony allow for such a thing, for the time being. As such, Harmonix will select the top tracks from the RBN and bring them over to the other systems. There have been talks that Harmonix was looking to set up RBN on the PSN if at least to have the DLC available but nothing concrete on either side has been mentioned.
LIST OF RBN SONGS
Here's the WikiPedia list.
Green Day Rock Band
June 8th, 2010
Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii
Basically a game covering lots of Green Day and nothing else. A bit similar to Beatles Rock Band but the amount of polish is yet to be seen. So far the only things we've been shown is that "American Idiot" is playable, it is compatible with all Green Day DLC on the Rock Band Music Store, and that it will have loads of Green Day tracks.
WHAT'S IN IT?
- Tracklist - Currently, 47 on-disc songs have been promised (if you count Brain Stew/Jaded as two). This is not including any current/future Green Day DLC which will be compatible with this game.
- Vocal Harmonies - This has been carried over from the Beatles Rock Band to allow multiple vocalists for some tracks.
- Fully Exportable - It has been confirmed that this game will be fully exportable to allow its tracks to be played on Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and some tracks for Lego Rock Band, of course with a small fee. Pre-ordering at Gamestop will waive this fee via a code.
These are the songs that have been confirmed:
"Having a Blast"
"In The End"
"Welcome to Paradise"
"When I Come Around"
"Geek Stink Breath"
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
"Hitchin' a Ride"
"Nice Guys Finish Last"
"Are We the Waiting"
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"Give Me Novacaine"
"Jesus of Suburbia"
"She's a Rebel"
"Wake Me Up When September Ends"
21st Century Breakdown
"21st Century Breakdown"
"Before the Lobotomy"
"Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
"Last Night on Earth"
"Restless Heart Syndrome"
"See the Light"
"Song of the Century"
"The Static Age"
"¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"
Other Rock Band Games
Rock Band Unplugged
for the PSP - Gameplay is similar to Frequency/Amplitude. Has it's own DLC.
for the iPhone - Similar to the PSP but can also allow 4-way multiplayer. Also has its own DLC.