As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 Omegathon - OMEGANAUTS MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN!

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Let's just go super old-school: Ms. Pac-Man, some kind of pinball, and jarts.

Pinball games have the tendency to go on forever, if you're good.

Is there a 2-player astreoids cabinet? Or even an old-school Tron?

Heleor on
  • ChiefOmegatechChiefOmegatech Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you are one of the 20, you had better get me your info ASAP. I am missing almost 1/2 of them.

ChiefOmegatech on
  • langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jarts.

Don't you know those things kill people!?!?!?!?!?!

;)

langri on
    edited July 2010
    If you are one of the 20, you had better get me your info ASAP. I am missing almost 1/2 of them.

Just wanna double check that you got mine. If you haven't, I'll be happy to resend.

langri on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh holy hell, these forums aren't blocked on the work computer. Well there goes me ever getting anything done.

I had to google to see what the hell a jart was :( Speaking of Tron, we could do light cycle races out of Tron 2.0 :D

All of my info was sent last week, gimme a hollar if it never got through and I'll resend it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sent mine earlier this week. Hopefully no issues.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010

Is it me, or do the omeganauts get worse at responding to that email every year?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Is it me, or do the omeganauts get worse at responding to that email every year?

These kids today and their tweeters and youbooks and facetubes

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • SurlyDuffSurlyDuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Decius wrote: »

These kids today and their tweeters and youbooks and facetubes

In 20 years, we're going to be explaining to our kids how we used to use these things called "computers" to send messages known as "email" to each other. They will look at us with strange, symathetic eyes, as they tweet to their friends through microscopic thought-reading sattelite dishes implanted in their head--"My parents are so weird."

SurlyDuff on
    edited July 2010
    SurlyDuff wrote: »
    In 20 years, we're going to be explaining to our kids how we used to use these things called "computers" to send messages known as "email" to each other. They will look at us with strange, symathetic eyes, as they tweet to their friends through microscopic thought-reading sattelite dishes implanted in their head--"My parents are so weird."

I already feel old. You're not helping. :x

langri on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SurlyDuff wrote: »

Symathetic: a sympathetic prosthesis, made from synthetic materials.

Stupid on

26904.png
    edited July 2010
    :lol: See, even typos from the future are cooler.

SurlyDuff on
    edited July 2010

July 22nd: Email received
    July 23rd: Email responded to w/ pictures and legal forms put in the mail.

Oh, right, I'm not a teenager 8-)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Haha, I waited 2 days because I needed someone to take my picture.

Can we get confirmation that scanned legal forms are fine for this? I just printend and scanned the forms and sent them in the original email - never got a reply though!

Heleor on
    edited July 2010
    Heleor wrote: »

Can we get confirmation that scanned legal forms are fine for this? I just printend and scanned the forms and sent them in the original email - never got a reply though!

You guys are probably good. I got a reply back because I had to resend one of the forms. :oops: So I'd say no news is good news.

SurlyDuff on
    edited July 2010
    Are those other people just not as excited as the rest of us?

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
  • HoLeYHoLeY Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My friend is an omeganaut, I'm getting him to post ASAP.

HoLeY on
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure I responded the same day the agreement was sent. Of course, I get excited easily.

langri on
  • cleriseclerise Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was slow to send mine, but my job has been full of overtime lately. Then I was a derp and forgot to send the actual form, which was shipped off a day after I heard back. So much d'oh! Getting off work at midnight's not so helpful-- I promise I'm just as excited. :( I'm just very slow.

clerise on
    edited July 2010

From an email I got:
    Iif you can't send an e-copy please fax it to Robert at XXXXXXXXXX

So yeah, you're fine. Hell, I snail mailed my legal forms and they didn't care. The big part is the questionnaire and the pictures (especially the pictures).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Majikman13Majikman13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have been out of town and away from my PC since the 20th (on a hiking trip). It was terrible, nothing but my DS for over a week LOL :-P Anyhoo I'll be getting the required items together for the Omegatech and Mr. Khoo this weekend. I will have to fax the legal release b/c I don't own a scanner.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for being patient with me.

Majikman13 on
    3ox279s0939n.png
    edited August 2010
    So we're 4 weeks away.. anyone else been practicing a lot?

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    edited August 2010
    Not really, beyond my normal game playing. SC2 has helped increase my normal game playing, of course :)

langri on
    edited August 2010
    contrefait wrote: »

Practicing when I can. Its weird though, I will sit down to play a game like Contra, but then I won't play it for long, because what I WANT to play is Red Dead Redemption or BFBC2. Is this the gaming equivalent of avoiding homework? I had a nice session of Geometry Wars 2 last night though. Set two new personal bests on consecutive games.

SurlyDuff on
    edited August 2010
    Reviving this thread with an awesome video! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KrWC5kV2G8

(I am really bad at video editing!)

Heleor on
  • KirsteKirste Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Omeganaut tag Kirste360
    just kirste on this forum & on Twitter

Kirste on
    edited August 2010
    Reviving this thread with an awesome video! :D

(I am really bad at video editing!)

That was pretty awesome. I liked your trainer in the back all Rocky style. :lol:

SurlyDuff on
    edited August 2010
    contrefait wrote: »

A few hours every day, mostly cause I'm at work and need my between shift nap or I get cranky. When I get home in a few days I'll be practicing all day every day until PAX (save for when I'm busy running people over as Tager in Continuum Shift or learning how to play Steel Battallion or working on my Clear Sky costume).
    I'm looking forward to find out if the setup I'm using to practice console FPSs is gonna translate to actual console FPSs. Let's just say that what I'm doing has garnered the reaction: "You're insane."

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2010
    Did you map a 360 controller to the mouse or something?

Also, does anyone know when we're getting a game list? Last year they had one over a month beforehand.

Heleor on
    edited August 2010
    Also, does anyone know when we're getting a game list? Last year they had one over a month beforehand.

There's gonna be a game list? Oh godfucking damnit, don't I feel like a tool now.

If you'll excuse me I'm gonna go chill out and play Minecraft. No need going bugnuts until that list comes out.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2010
    Did you map a 360 controller to the mouse or something?

What? There's a list that we get to know beforehand? *Puts down Atari joystick and goes back to playing BFBC2*

Unless... that's his plan. :shock: *Goes back to playing Atari*

SurlyDuff on
  • KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah, last year right around this time they made an announcement with the names of the 20 omeganauts and what the games would be for the first five rounds.

Kjeldor on
  • MegadestructoMegadestructo Indie Community Manager Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have no question that I will fail spectacularly so I've just stuck with playing SC2, heh.

EDIT: Also, awesome video!

Megadestructo on
    edited August 2010
    Kjeldor wrote: »
    yeah, last year right around this time they made an announcement with the names of the 20 omeganauts and what the games would be for the first five rounds.

Huh, neat. Well, I really wanna finish Clear Sky Complete, so I'll do that while I wait. If nothing pops up by the end of the week then I'll get back to my regularly scheduled insanity.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2010
    That horrid noise you may have heard? That's me practicing my rock band vocals. Apologies for any psychological damage suffered as a result. :)

langri on
    edited August 2010
    Since we're going to find out the games, anybody care to guess what they will be? Here's my completely uneducated guess...

1 Super Smash Bros (N64)
    2 Pacman (Arcade)
    3 Just Dance (Wii)
    4 Halo: Reach (360)
    5 Rock Band 3? (some console)
    Final Nintendo World Championship (NES)

Some of these are unlikely, if not impossible, but I think this lineup would be fun.

SurlyDuff on
    edited August 2010
    I think they did the Nintendo World Championship at PAX East already.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2010
    I wonder if Monday Night Combat would get the nod. It drops tomorrow.

langri on
    edited August 2010
    Monday Night Combat would make a pretty amazing round. It would have to be Round 3, because I think that's when the numbers are down to 12 (6v6).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• niq24601niq24601 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    +1 for MNC.

Are not-yet-released games possible? Could we see a Kinect- or Move-based round?

niq24601 on
    niq24601.jpg
    "gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
This discussion has been closed.