Seems like so long ago

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wayne Rooney moaning about the bad reaction of the England fans in attendance.

They've spent a shit load of money to go watch you do fuck all, you goose.

815165 on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm still for the rule that you get 0 points if you have a nil-nil draw because both teams suck and deserve to lose.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    namelessnameless Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    England don't deserve to get past this stage, their performance has been total wank in both their games.

Nor does the US with the way we've had such a crap-tacular defense.

No way dude. I'm okay with this one quirk of the US team because it has at least been entertaining as hell. England on the other hand has just been depressing.

nameless on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Draeven wrote: »
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    Æthelred wrote: »
    Is this the lowest quality group in the current WC? I think so. Slovenia must be rubbing their hands together atm.

Appears so, at least in the other groups we've gotten one enjoyable game out of each. This is the group of boredom.

what the us come back and "win" wasn't exciting enough, that was the best game of the day.

I was gonna say, the US v. Slovenia was one of the better games I've watched start to finish, despite the horrible referring.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My mate made a £25 bet on England not going through, at odds of around... 10-1?

Something like that.

He must be laughing his arse off now, everyone told him he was a bloody idiot.

Biosys on
  • Options
    TlexTlex Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, hilarious as this is, was I the only person who thought that Jamie Carragher actually played quite well?

Tlex on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You guys are crazy. England failing is entertaining in and of itself.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If we go out on Tuesday, does that make Fabio worse than Steve McLaren? D:

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You know, before the World Cup started, I looked up the odds for Wayne Rooney not scoring a goal at the Finals. 75-1. I really should have got in on that. He's never even scored a goal at a World Cup (in 7 games).

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, finally saw that disallowed goal.

If the U.S. doesn't get through the group because of that, all 100 Soccer fans in America will be pissed off.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm still for the rule that you get 0 points if you have a nil-nil draw because both teams suck and deserve to lose.

This, a million times. Or, alternately, have shootouts to decide ties for every game.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    USA: all offense, no defense since 1775.

nameless on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney moaning about the bad reaction of the England fans in attendance.

They've spent a shit load of money to go watch you do fuck all, you goose.

Not only that but the amount of money Rooney is making a week is likely more than most people in that crowd make in a year. He needs to stop whining and pull his act together along with the rest of the team.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tlex wrote: »
    Also, hilarious as this is, was I the only person who thought that Jamie Carragher actually played quite well?
    Either that or everyone else was so bad that is made it look like Carra played quite well!

815165 on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tlex wrote: »

He gave up the ball at least twice pretty far back in his zone.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited June 2010

If the U.S. doesn't get through the group because of that, all 100 Soccer fans in America will be pissed off.

Hey, there are at least 101 of us.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I am a strong proponent of the TF2 stalemate rule.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh dear oh dear, it's not looking good for England is it? Dear oh dear. I can only really give me heartfelt conde-

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!!

:mrgreen:

WMain00 on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

They'll forget about it during their regular 3 year and 11 month break from the game.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Hey, there are at least over 9000 of us.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I felt David James played well, and Wright-Phillips tried to get play moving along quickly, but everyone else just seemed reluctant to help.

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Actually weren't there 50k US fans at the game? I heard that number somewhere. I know there was a lot of red, white and blue in the stands.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If we go out on Tuesday, does that make Fabio worse than Steve McLaren? D:
    McLaren wouldn't have qualified, so no, it does make him worse than Sven though. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Actually weren't there 50k US fans at the game? I heard that number somewhere. I know there was a lot of red, white and blue in the stands.

Apparently you are the most represented nation at the tournament.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In terms of England, what do you Brits think about the theory that the English team is so terrible in the World Cup because all your best players are so worn down from the Premiere League season?

I've heard that brought up a lot.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So the US gets through no matter what with a win over Algeria.

With a draw, they get through with a Slovenia win or a Slovenia/England draw where England doesn't score at least two more goals than the US in their final matches.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    One last thing: If England beat Slovenia, they will go through to the knockout stages. Oh ... and is that Wayne Rooney turning to a camera and sarcastically spit "It's nice to hear your own fans boo ya" down the barrel. That's his first contribution of note this evening.
    Æthelred wrote: »
    You know, before the World Cup started, I looked up the odds for Wayne Rooney not scoring a goal at the Finals. 75-1. I really should have got in on that. He's never even scored a goal at a World Cup (in 7 games).

I only got 60-1 (only 2 bucks tho)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010

No. It was only like 20 Americans that have a total combine mass of 50000 average people.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    nameless wrote: »

We can't help it it's our environment. We're surrounded by vast oceans and harmless countries.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wet Bandit wrote: »
    So the US gets through no matter what with a win over Algeria.

With a draw, they get through with a Slovenia win or a Slovenia/England draw where England doesn't score at least two more goals than the US in their final matches.

Yes, pretty much. I haven't done the exact math, but that sounds right. England either needs to win, or draw with a lot of scoring, and the US needs to draw or lose, for us not to get through. If we win, we're in.

That said, Algeria proved that won't be a cake walk today.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    evilbob wrote: »
    You guys are crazy. England failing is entertaining in and of itself.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

No. It was only like 20 Americans that have a total combine mass of 50000 average people.

Oh man an American fat joke, how funny and original.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In terms of England, what do you Brits think about the theory that the English team is so terrible in the World Cup because all your best players are so worn down from the Premiere League season?

Britain isn't England, there are some fellows in Wales and Scotland who would not appreciate such talk, good sir!

There are EPL players in most of the teams in the world cup, so I don't think that argument is fair at all. This group of England players hasn't been good under three different managers so far, I think that is more to do with it than anything; the quality isn't there.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The official FIFA stats said that US fans outnumbered English fans at their game, but once glance inside the stadium showed that those stats were a little off. It was around 3-1 English. For the tournament as a whole, however, the US does win (not literally).

Æthelred on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Darklyre wrote: »

I am a strong proponent of the TF2 stalemate rule.

Which is?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I more put it down to them just being terrible, but hey!

WMain00 on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    nameless wrote: »

We can't help it it's our environment. We're surrounded by vast oceans and harmless countries.

That's what they want you to think. Two words for you: Red Dawn.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So basically it looks like Slovenia and USA or England is going through? Is that the size of it? Man, what a mindfuck.

nameless on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Haha! If this happens:

England 2-2 Slovenia
    USA 0-0 Algeria

Then lots will be drawn to see who progresses.

Does anyone know of a results calculator thingy online? Where you enter the results and it calcs the tables.

Æthelred on