As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

american marble [chat]ament

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ugh, Wii Fit, alongside Brain Age the only games that actually irritate me rather then not being my cup of tea.

Leitner on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't play that many games, and I finish even fewer, so the size of a game library means nothing to me. I'll happily buy a game system that only has 4 or 5 games I want to play, as long as I know that they're really top-tier.

So this Wii bitching doesn't really apply to me.

I am disappointed that the Wii doesn't support HD, but whatever.

Basically I am disappointed with the Wii because I had a DS and around 18 games. I have never had a game system and owned that many games before besides the PC. Usually I only bought 3-4 games for a system or maybe rented most of my games. So when the Wii came out I thought it would be the same thing, where there would be 20 top-notch titles for me to own just like the DS. But really all that's worth buying to me are Nintendo's high-profile titles because I have so many systems and I can only afford to buy the very best. But I'm kind of tired with the Wii anyway and I haven't even picked up games like Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    gamefly cancelled!

Didn't I tell you from the beginning that Gamefly was terrible!

yes but my main problem is that I don't like video games in general I think

like I like the idea of them

but I haven't turned my xbox on in months and I use my PS3 for DVDs and I play TF2 (and recently magic) on the computer and that's pretty much it

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright, quick poll... The mass effect game the wife and I play is a female Shepard that we carried over from one to two.

I'm starting a new game with a male shepard to do the guy stuff. So start a game all the way from ME 1 or just start one up on ME2.

Answer now!

do both. I find it doesn't really work any other way.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Actually I have beaten or at least put in 6+ hours on every game I have on my ps3. I should finish Valkyria(second to last mission) and FFXIII which I have probably 30 hours to go.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Oh yeah, your PS3 might be as decent as an Xbox 360 or PC in due time. Maybe. That's a pretty great thing. Meanwhile, the highest selling game on the Xbox 360, Halo 3, has sold about one third as many copies as a game like Mario Kart Wii. People will complain that the top 10 sellers for the Wii involve games that aren't really games, but then I would discount half the Xbox 360 list as well since half of that list is things like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare, World at War, etc.

Let's not even get started on the PS3, which has sold dick for games and the only entertaining game I played on it that I couldn't play on any other system was entertaining for a few hours at best.

Nintendo might have made you angry. It might have made a million of you angry, but they have pleased a good twenty-fold of that amount over the past few years. You're expendable.

This is my list of PS3 games I want when I eventually get a PS3:

PS3:
    Uncharted (1+2)
    FF13 (+Versus)
    Team Ico game
    God of War 3
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    Sorcery
    Heroes on the Move
    Infamous 1 + 2

I'm excited.

Little Big Planet is probably the best game I've played on PS3

it was really fun and cute

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    this magic game is really really frustrating. I am having a lot of runs where it seems like there was honestly nothing I could have done better, given the cards I was drawing. meanwhile the enemy computer just, goddamn. it always seems to have the right card in its hand to counter every single thing I do.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Like I have all this hardware and what do I play the most of? Free Flash games.

Tarr, are you still playing that green deck?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    this magic game is really really frustrating. I am having a lot of runs where it seems like there was honestly nothing I could have done better, given the cards I was drawing. meanwhile the enemy computer just, goddamn. it always seems to have the right card in its hand to counter every single thing I do.

The difficulty level I figured out was not that the computer plays better, it just gets better hands and you get worse hands.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's unfortunate that there are just very few games that I have any interest in playing that are PS3 exclusive. The only reason I could ever justify buying one is to play bluray DVDs.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    guys yesterday I beat mazzy and thom in a FFA and they were both playing white decks

to be fair they kind of left me alive and ignored me when it became clear I was almost dead and not a threat

but then I got a good card at the very end and booooosch

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

It happens. In real magic it would be a sign of a deck building issue but since our choices in DotP is pretty limited, there isn't a lot we can do.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    for serious though sackboy is the cutest

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Doctor Who today == D:

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I installed a new kitchen sink fixture.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It happens. In real magic it would be a sign of a deck building issue but since our choices in DotP is pretty limited, there isn't a lot we can do.

Yeah. The green deck they start you off with has issues. Use it until you unlock something better, then shelve it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    When deciding between the x-box and my ps3 I thought hard, there were 0 x-box only titles I wanted to play(don't like halo or gears of war) but there are ones I wanted on the ps3(disgaea, valkryia and lbp). That and most of the other games I wanted would be on the ps3 anyways.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I iz bored

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I iz bored

homestuck

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    When deciding between the x-box and my ps3 I thought hard, there were 0 x-box only titles I wanted to play(don't like halo or gears of war) but there are ones I wanted on the ps3(disgaea, valkryia and lbp). That and most of the other games I wanted would be on the ps3 anyways.

The 360 isn't very good for SRPGs, sadly.

Feral on

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh yeah, your PS3 might be as decent as an Xbox 360 or PC in due time. Maybe. That's a pretty great thing. Meanwhile, the highest selling game on the Xbox 360, Halo 3, has sold about one third as many copies as a game like Mario Kart Wii. People will complain that the top 10 sellers for the Wii involve games that aren't really games, but then I would discount half the Xbox 360 list as well since half of that list is things like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare, World at War, etc.

Let's not even get started on the PS3, which has sold dick for games and the only entertaining game I played on it that I couldn't play on any other system was entertaining for a few hours at best.

Nintendo might have made you angry. It might have made a million of you angry, but they have pleased a good twenty-fold of that amount over the past few years. You're expendable.

This is my list of PS3 games I want when I eventually get a PS3:

PS3:
    Uncharted (1+2)
    FF13 (+Versus)
    Team Ico game
    God of War 3
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    Sorcery
    Heroes on the Move
    Infamous 1 + 2

I'm excited.

Little Big Planet is probably the best game I've played on PS3

it was really fun and cute

God yeah, how could I forget? Did you see the stuff for LBP 2? It looks amazing.

Daxon on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I iz bored

homestuck

quiet you

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I accomplished something today!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I iz bored

homestuck

quiet you
    it is so good.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's interesting to compare the contractor today to how he was when he arrived on Monday. It's clear to me that being associated with my division, even on a temporary basis, is a demeaning experience.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hahaha this is great, I love this movie.

Watching A Scanner Darkly for the first time.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The 360 isn't very good for SRPGs, sadly.

SRPGs are half the reason I own consoles. Which kills the x-box for me. Actually one of my best friends who owns all system recently sold all his x-box games but ME, ME2, Street Fighter and one more to pick up like 3 more ps3 games.

Basically if you want srpgs or jrpgs get a playstation. Want 3rd person and first person shooters get an x-box. Well that is if you don't play your fps on your pc.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's interesting to compare the contractor today to how he was when he arrived on Monday. It's clear to me that being associated with my division, even on a temporary basis, is a demeaning experience.

Isn't that great?

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Is my organization toxic or is it just me?

Oh, I guess it's not just me.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010

I only have green and red right now, still working against white. maybe there is a way to unlock some other decks, I will look around.

I have been trying red though since it has more fliers...terrible fliers, but fliers none the less.

my last game, the enemy got out two 0/4 flying walls at the start that paralyzed any offensive attempts I could make for a while. I finally got two 5/4s out. Then she buffed one of her walls to be 1/6, and pacified one of my 5/4s, rendering my set impotent...once again!

after that it was mainly her getting one of those bloody retarded +3/+3 +Flying until end of turn cards and slowly whittling me down.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    When did it become about the consoles and not about the games themselves? I couldn't give two terrapin's tits about the system so long as the games are good.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I only just discovered the CapsLock feature on my iPhone. I am a failure.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If motion control is the wave of the future of console gaming, then I'm going to spend even more time playing PC games.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    God yeah, how could I forget? Did you see the stuff for LBP 2? It looks amazing.

no, I didn't realize they were coming out with a new one

I will either rent or buy it, I'm sure

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I only have green and red right now, still working against white. maybe there is a way to unlock some other decks, I will look around.

I have been trying red though since it has more fliers...terrible fliers, but fliers none the less.

my last game, the enemy got out two 0/4 flying walls at the start that paralyzed any offensive attempts I could make for a while. I finally got two 5/4s out. Then she buffed one of her walls to be 1/6, and pacified one of my 5/4s, rendering my set impotent...once again!

after that it was mainly her getting one of those bloody retarded +3/+3 +Flying until end of turn cards and slowly whittling me down.

Use your Shocks and Incinerates in concert with your fliers to take down the walls.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    When did it become about the consoles and not about the games themselves? I couldn't give two terrapin's tits about the system so long as the games are good and don't look like crap on my TV.

Fixed for wiiness.

Feral on

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just picked up Don Quixote and a collection of Borges' short stories, both in Spanish, for my dad for tomorrow.

Great son, or greatest son?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yeah, I know what you are talking about she took me a bit. I think I finally beat her with the starting green deck just because it got rolling and I had 3 or 4 creatures out an played an overrun. Not much you can do verse an army of 5/5+ trample creatures.

I have been playing the elf deck recently that I unlocked. It gets rolling and man its insane. I think the blue deck out of the mono-colors is the most powerful of all of them. Which isn't surprising since it is a flying creature/control deck which is a good combo.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It doesn't matter how good Killzone 3 looks - it's about as interesting as a Michael Bay movie.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I did that where possible, and eventually took down everything but two bad monsters on her field, but by that point I had four health and she had gained back up to like 19 with her 'gain life on play' creatures.

It was...pretty frustrating! but I will keep at it.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
This discussion has been closed.