As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

These [chat] really got ahold of me

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    she is cuter with dark hair I think

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    lady-gaga.jpg

Wow look at that ugly person

All normal looking

So It Goes on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    she looks like a normal person which translates to 'fugly' for some reason

Celebrities can't look normal!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

These kinda tie together so I'll address both at once. The Duluth Model is one of the most common basis for setting up treatment, and it has a whole lot of gender baggage associated with it. Really the gender baggage is it's biggest flaw, in situations in which the couple fits the roles it works really well. But the strongest advocates for it have made it's gender roles part of the their narrative of domestic abuse. They have become firmly entrenched in the idea that domestic abuse is a male problem. And for the longest time, they were the primary advocates for those going through domestic abuse, so they controlled the narrative. The existence of male domestic abuse survivors and lesbian domestic abuse survivors comes as a challenge to the narrative. Depending on how charitable people are they generally give two reasons for why there is such anger. First is the blinders. They deal exclusively with battered women. Mostly battered straight women. Which feeds into the narrative which continues as their clients continue to be mostly straight battered women. The other is that it's a money issue. Shelters aren't designed to be co-ed. Mostly they are converted buildings that weren't being used for anything else. So to accommodate males, it would require funding being diverted from the current shelters. Which aren't exactly over funded to begin with. And no one has a solution that everyone can tolerate let alone make happy.

Mostly what provoked the anger was the suggestion of changing the Duluth Model to use gender neutral language.

Its a sad sign of the times. I can see the worry about funding, but at the same time it perpetuates victimhood for a class of victims.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    118302d1249770710-lady-gaga-hermaphrodite-lady-gaga-without-make-up-21.jpg

Doesn't look bad, and this is a picture that was taken with the intent of making her look bad.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    man some of you don't get to see sigs?

that sounds awful

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lady+GaGa+Bad+Romance.png

These are from the same video and the one with less makeup is very pretty.
    Okay not saying she isn't pretty without makeup, but in her professional videos she most definitely wears copious amounts of makeup, even when she is apparently "without makeup." In addition, every single frame of her professional videos is heavily edited to perfection.

You absolutely can't use a frame from one of her videos as evidence of how she looks without makeup.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    she is cuter with dark hair I think

yeah

Tav on
  • Options
    Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So far these shots of her looking all normal are fine. I think she's just as cute, if not cuter, just in a more plain jane kind of way.

Duchess Prozac on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

that sounds awful

some of us turn them off

purposefully!

because they are so hideous

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    desc wrote: »
    It's a sad statement when a picture of a really really good looking athlete, who is properly clothed in the uniform of his particular sport, is considered some sort of shock image.

The problem is not with my taste, it's with your having the incorrect sexual orientation.

You should experimentally post an Allison Stokke picture in a day or two to compare.

Did a google image search. God damn.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited June 2010

that sounds awful

some of us turn them off

purposefully!

Like you did with lip symmetery?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

These kinda tie together so I'll address both at once. The Duluth Model is one of the most common basis for setting up treatment, and it has a whole lot of gender baggage associated with it. Really the gender baggage is it's biggest flaw, in situations in which the couple fits the roles it works really well. But the strongest advocates for it have made it's gender roles part of the their narrative of domestic abuse. They have become firmly entrenched in the idea that domestic abuse is a male problem. And for the longest time, they were the primary advocates for those going through domestic abuse, so they controlled the narrative. The existence of male domestic abuse survivors and lesbian domestic abuse survivors comes as a challenge to the narrative. Depending on how charitable people are they generally give two reasons for why there is such anger. First is the blinders. They deal exclusively with battered women. Mostly battered straight women. Which feeds into the narrative which continues as their clients continue to be mostly straight battered women. The other is that it's a money issue. Shelters aren't designed to be co-ed. Mostly they are converted buildings that weren't being used for anything else. So to accommodate males, it would require funding being diverted from the current shelters. Which aren't exactly over funded to begin with. And no one has a solution that everyone can tolerate let alone make happy.

Mostly what provoked the anger was the suggestion of changing the Duluth Model to use gender neutral language.

Its a sad sign of the times. I can see the worry about funding, but at the same time it perpetuates victimhood for a class of victims.

The Duluth model was very helpful in its time because it forced into the light some of the true facts about domestic violence and how it is perpetuated against women, who are by far the majority of victims of domestic violence. Unfortunately it hasn't adapted as it probably should have and like Thom is pointing out proponents see suggestions to change as direct attacks on the model itself when they probably shouldn't.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    It's a sad statement when a picture of a really really good looking athlete, who is properly clothed in the uniform of his particular sport, is considered some sort of shock image.

The problem is not with my taste, it's with your having the incorrect sexual orientation.

You should experimentally post an Allison Stokke picture in a day or two to compare.

wooooooooah

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This-is-What-Lady-GaGa-Looks-like-Dressed-Down.jpg

Oh shit hide it's a celebrity looking all... pretty decent.

WTF is wrong with people anyway.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

that sounds awful

some of us turn them off

purposefully!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrait_of_Madame_X

hideous?

eh?

you would totally bone her.

i do realize that my avatars must be damn confusing without sigs though

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

that sounds awful

some of us turn them off

purposefully!

They occupy valuable screen area that could otherwise be used productively.

japan on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

The only real solution would be a radical increase in funding. Which is as likely as the Easter bunny to appear. No matter what happens at the shelter level, you'll end up with victims being turned away.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Lady Gaga looks ugly with and without make up. It's her huge fucking nose and forehead. She looks like a fucking down syndrome jew.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    madame x got a tiny waist, yo

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I dunno jeep, that outfit looks like it came out of Shawn Micheals Early 90's wrestling attire. Which is truely hideous.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    rumored infidelities!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »

wooooooooah

She's very attractive.

But so is the Ohio State wrestler I posted.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lady Gaga looks ugly with and without make up. It's her huge fucking nose and forehead. She looks like a fucking down syndrome jew.
    Just...

damn.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

this is

uh

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I dunno jeep, that outfit looks like it came out of Shawn Micheals Early 90's wrestling attire. Which is truely hideous.

SweetChinMusic.jpg

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

and she's all painted up to hell and back

what does she look like without it

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

The only real solution would be a radical increase in funding. Which is as likely as the Easter bunny to appear. No matter what happens at the shelter level, you'll end up with victims being turned away.

I guess I don't see how you could be for victims and then like tell other victims "Except for you, fuck you."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    To clarify, I was always aware of Eminem. I could see the impact he was having on pop culture. I am aware he won an Oscar for his work. I am also aware he's immensely talented. I just never listened to him. And yeah, again, a big part of that is because of how sheltered I was. You should have seen how wide my eyes got and heard me gasp the first time I heard some of Kid Rock's stuff at a friend's house. (You know, the stuff that wasn't on the radio.)

On the topic of Gaga, who I admit to loving though it took me a long time to warm up to her, Alejandro is my least favourite track from The Fame Monster. But her worst song is so Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say). I just do not like that song. I also think she's beautiful, with or without makeup.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »

wooooooooah

She's very attractive.

But so is the Ohio State wrestler I posted.

I'd rather she pound my ass than he pound my ass

that's how straight I am

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

SweetChinMusic.jpg

Hella modern Ed. Old micheals wore leather vests, and similar sunglasses. When he was more heatbreak kid, instead of heartburn kid.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man if a fully made up Gaga is ugly I should just go shoot myself in the face because I am a seamonster

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I guess I don't see how you could be for victims and then like tell other victims "Except for you, fuck you."

That's not exactly it. You don't want to take a male victim of violence into a shelter where women are housed for obvious reasons - not good for either party. If you don't have the resources to get a whole nother building to house male victims, then you have to turn them away.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    my nose is congested gah

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

and she's all painted up to hell and back

what does she look like without it

i hate you guys

<3

but seriously my avatars must be hells of confusing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

that sounds awful

some of us turn them off

purposefully!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrait_of_Madame_X

hideous?

eh?

you would totally bone her.

i do realize that my avatars must be damn confusing without sigs though

That wikipedia entry is just a fucking study in why the Parisian art establishment needed to die in a fucking fire.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    lady gaga looks kinda like cher in one of the pics jeep posted. huh.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2010

SweetChinMusic.jpg

Hella modern Ed. Old micheals wore leather vests, and similar sunglasses. When he was more heatbreak kid, instead of heartburn kid.

Hart-Michaels.jpeg

what the hell is a heartburn kid.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man if a fully made up Gaga is ugly I should just go shoot myself in the face because I am a seamonster

People are weird about celebrity pictures.

Like I remember people complaining when Gunn-rita Dahle Flesja appeared in posed pictures while she was pregnant.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »

That's not exactly it. You don't want to take a male victim of violence into a shelter where women are housed for obvious reasons - not good for either party. If you don't have the resources to get a whole nother building to house male victims, then you have to turn them away.

Thom's not a current victim but he got hostility for relating his story. That's saying "Fuck you" to a victim of the same type of violence. Ignoring turning away support, thats just insulting to a victim of a crime.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.