As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] - I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream, for Sales on Steam

• Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Im laughing cos Jaramr is in the Armadeaddon screenshot...

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    BeefersBeefers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Deus Ex has always intrigued me, but coming to the scene late I could never get past the graphics.

Beefers on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I used to think you were cool.

I still am, I'm just the misunderstood antihero instead of being a role-model.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Beefers wrote: »
    Deus Ex has always intrigued me, but coming to the scene late I could never get past the graphics.
    There are some higher-res texture mods that make it a little easier on the eyes. Doesn't do anything for the polycount, of course, but things look a bit less muddy.

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I got gifted Deus Ex and i have never played it, i am excited. Mods i should use for steam version?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There are some higher-res texture mods that make it a little easier on the eyes. Doesn't do anything for the polycount, of course, but things look a bit less muddy.

Could you point us in the right direction? :D

Also, blue dot.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chiablochiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Could you point us in the right direction? :D

Also, blue dot.

Deux Sex

There's some videos and links for a newly released Dx10 render (hooray for widescreen high resolution).

Here's the "new vision" textures: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision

chiablo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Looks like those Counter-Strike Source achievements finally landed. The only problem now is that if I tried to play I would be jumping into a group of people that have been playing for 10 years.
    Oh hai guys what's u- *dead*
    Holy crap I never even *dead*
    what is this I don't even *dead*

Michael H on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Michael H wrote: »
    Looks like those Counter-Strike Source achievements finally landed. The only problem now is that if I tried to play I would be jumping into a group of people that have been playing for 10 years.
    You forgot the intervening 5 minutes of every round where you watch from spectator mode while everyone else questions your sexual orientation and reiterates their mental state with regards to illicit substances.

Monger on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Want to hear something worse?

I liked Deux Ex 2.

You're doing this on purpose now, aren't you?

I sorta, kinda liked Deus Ex. I played through it once and that was enough. I never want to play it again.

And that right there is my main problem with it. I hated the art direction and thought the graphics were awful, and I thought so when it was released. I guess I only have bits and pieces of a soul.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

If we get enough people, I'd be up for PA CS:S games. I'm not that great either.

Peewi on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So this app advises, like Steam, to never give your name and password out to anyone else.
    How does this app take this information and deliver it to Steam?
    Or is it really just a browser?

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anyone have that guide that was posted yesterday about how to get deus ex looking pretty using ENB and that other stuff?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

If we get enough people, I'd be up for PA CS:S games. I'm not that great either.
    You know, I haven't played CS in a good 5 years. Maybe now's the time.

On the other hand, anyone that owns CS:S also has access to Dystopia and NeoTokyo and I could make them play one of those with me instead.

Decisions.

Monger on
  • Options
    DrakalDrakal Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Deus Ex now Steam'd, even though I have it on disc within arm's reach :?. This is the power it wields. Worth it for
    A BOMB?!

alone. And my Steam list looks...complete.

Also, CS:S update downloading at 3kb/s...I'll be ready to play in no time!

Drakal on
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How do I set up CS:S so that I only play vanilla servers? I just want to play the base game without any custom levels, sounds, etc.

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • Options
    AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yes. There should totally be a PA CSS server, so maybe I can enjoy the game without having to deal with the addicts and hackers.

They are everywhere. Even on the Noob servers. THERE IS NO ESCAPE OH GOD WHY!!

AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How do I set up CS:S so that I only play vanilla servers? I just want to play the base game without any custom levels, sounds, etc.

Add cl_downloadfilter "nosounds" to your autoexec.cfg for the sounds. For custom levels, just find a server running 24/7 of whatever map you want.

I'll be playing some vanilla CS:S once it's updated, add me as a friend if you want to join me.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    thorgot wrote: »

Add cl_downloadfilter "nosounds" to your autoexec.cfg for the sounds. For custom levels, just find a server running 24/7 of whatever map you want.

I'll be playing some vanilla CS:S once it's updated, add me as a friend if you want to join me.

I don't remember whether it was the case in the beta, but I would think that they'd have added the download filter to the multiplayer options menu like it is in TF2.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Pfft. Why would anyone want to play CS without Homer Simpson or Quake Announcer Guy?

They wouldn't, that's why.
    They better have added that goddamn option to the goddamn menu, goddammit.

Monger on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I checked, they did.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stupid thing. I can populate the server list, but whenever i try to join a game it says the server is not responding. I didn't want to play counterstrike anyway!

Wicked Uncle Ernie on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Monger wrote: »

On the other hand, anyone that owns CS:S also has access to Dystopia and NeoTokyo and I could make them play one of those with me instead.

Decisions.

I love all three, especially Dystopia. I wish more people played it and NeoTokyo. :(

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Darmak wrote: »

Decisions.

I love all three, especially Dystopia. I wish more people played it and NeoTokyo. :(

God, what happened to Neotokyo

It had such great maps and such a great aesthetic

It was just a little slower than CS is all

Why didn't it stick around longer

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because people suck, Olivaw. People suck and don't like good things and then nobody gets robotits. Especially us.

Also, I'm totally starting a new Dystopia thread as soon as the new version drops.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because people suck, Olivaw. People suck and don't like good things and then nobody gets robotits. Especially us.

Also, I'm totally starting a new Dystopia thread as soon as the new version drops.

It will be awhile, the Dystopia guys really take their time (not like the NeoTokyo guys did though).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So, free copy of the first Monkey island SE, if you preorder the 2nd. I don't think LA bothered getting it giftable though :(

EDIT: wait, just bought it, and YES, I can confirm that if you already have the first one, you get a giftable copy! :mrgreen:

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, I used to be pretty good at CS:S... now, not so much. :(

oldmanken on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Decisions.

Man, I used to be on Dystopias test team. The amount of effort that went into that mod is ridiculous, and the fact that it never really takes off after the initial rush to see what is in a new patch is really disappointing.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Anyone have that guide that was posted yesterday about how to get deus ex looking pretty using ENB and that other stuff?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arthil wrote: »

I'd like to know too.

And I didn't know CS:S vanilla servers existed anymore. Isn't it all gungame, zombie, or sound-infested now?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »

Decisions.

Man, I used to be on Dystopias test team. The amount of effort that went into that mod is ridiculous, and the fact that it never really takes off after the initial rush to see what is in a new patch is really disappointing.

I am glad that there are always two or so servers full of good people, though. Good as in skilled, helpful, and fun to play with.

I'm not sure I found a server like that for Neotokyo, but I haven't tried in awhile.

Y'know, I might start a Dystopia thread in a week or two even if there isn't a new patch.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There was another link, to a non steam forums guide.

With shiney pictures and stuff

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I believe this is it, but it's down now.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

I'd like to know too.

And I didn't know CS:S vanilla servers existed anymore. Isn't it all gungame, zombie, or sound-infested now?

Lots and lots of vanilla servers exist.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ayulin wrote: »

I believe this is it, but it's down now.

Yeah, I think that was the one

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Antithesis wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »

Decisions.

I am glad that there are always two or so servers full of good people, though. Good as in skilled, helpful, and fun to play with.

I'm not sure I found a server like that for Neotokyo, but I haven't tried in awhile.

Y'know, I might start a Dystopia thread in a week or two even if there isn't a new patch.
    If everyone keeps talking about Dystopia, I'm going to want to do this shit right now.

Monger on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Boop.

**Turns out that there actually is a patch coming out soonish. Well, testing started late May and a month or so release estimate was given. New engine, effects, sounds, and bugfixes. Boop!

Antithesis on
This discussion has been closed.